Day In a Page
Monday, 22 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tim McFarland: Noted authority on the literature of medieval Germany
- George Jackson: Songwriter who penned hundreds of soul, rock and r'n'b tunes
- Clarita von Trott: Activist whose husband was executed for plotting to assassinate Hitler
- Jonathan Winters: Comedian who inspired Carrey and Williams
- Mike Denness: Cricketer who famously dropped himself from the team as captain of England
- Sir John Burgh: Senior civil servant and leader of the British Council
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 20 years after the murder of Stephen Lawrence, it’s taboo to talk racism
- If Heathrow has anything to declare, it should be ‘Welcome to Britain’
- Maybe economic growth is going out of fashion
- How can Salmond argue Scotland shouldn’t have its own currency?
- How can we really tackle the housing crisis?
- Does anyone really give a f**k about swearing?
- Poor Liz Truss, she’s as confused as my toddler and her views won't solve our childcare crisis
- Eric Pickles's championing of traditional English counties is something we can all get behind
- Attitudes to race really have improved
- Is questioning tweeting teens or investigating historical crimes the best use of police time?
- Why do we now build the smallest new homes in Western Europe?
- Luis Suarez proves we can't expect a sport as amoral as football to show any teeth
- Costs aside, earning again won’t be easy for Chris Huhne
- Want to be really unfit? Try these simple exercises
- 45 Things To Do In England (To Confirm You’d Rather Go Abroad)
- Two cheers for modern British democracy
- A Tory Councillor, a West Sussex village and some inner city kids - if only all racism was this simple
- How did Manchester get so good at University Challenge? Fingers on the buzzers, please
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Living apart together
- The Rohingyas are fall guys in Burma's race to harness chauvinism
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix: Sebastian Vettel reigns as civil war strikes McLaren
- Di Resta warms to idea of contesting a podium spot
- F1: Gloves are now off in McLaren battle with Sergio Perez, says Jenson Button
- F1: Bernie Ecclestone ready to agree new deal for Bahrain to host Grand Prix
- McLaren to let drivers duel
- High street bookmakers to repay stakes placed on horses involved in Godolphin doping scandal
- You dope! Racing faces its greatest crisis over Godolphin steroid scandal
- Godolphin in 'shock' as trainer Mahmood al-Zarooni admits steroid use
- Sprinter's Irish journey far more than a lap of honour
- Hot Snap and Toronado roll back the years for Cecil and Hannon
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster