Day In a Page
Monday, 22 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tim McFarland: Noted authority on the literature of medieval Germany
- George Jackson: Songwriter who penned hundreds of soul, rock and r'n'b tunes
- Clarita von Trott: Activist whose husband was executed for plotting to assassinate Hitler
- Jonathan Winters: Comedian who inspired Carrey and Williams
- Mike Denness: Cricketer who famously dropped himself from the team as captain of England
- Sir John Burgh: Senior civil servant and leader of the British Council
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 20 years after the murder of Stephen Lawrence, it’s taboo to talk racism
- If Heathrow has anything to declare, it should be ‘Welcome to Britain’
- Maybe economic growth is going out of fashion
- How can Salmond argue Scotland shouldn’t have its own currency?
- How can we really tackle the housing crisis?
- Does anyone really give a f**k about swearing?
- Poor Liz Truss, she’s as confused as my toddler and her views won't solve our childcare crisis
- Eric Pickles's championing of traditional English counties is something we can all get behind
- Attitudes to race really have improved
- Is questioning tweeting teens or investigating historical crimes the best use of police time?
- Why do we now build the smallest new homes in Western Europe?
- Luis Suarez proves we can't expect a sport as amoral as football to show any teeth
- Costs aside, earning again won’t be easy for Chris Huhne
- Want to be really unfit? Try these simple exercises
- 45 Things To Do In England (To Confirm You’d Rather Go Abroad)
- Two cheers for modern British democracy
- A Tory Councillor, a West Sussex village and some inner city kids - if only all racism was this simple
- How did Manchester get so good at University Challenge? Fingers on the buzzers, please
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Living apart together
- The Rohingyas are fall guys in Burma's race to harness chauvinism
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The fastest century in history: Chris Gayle hits 100 from just 30 balls in the IPL
- The fastest century in cricket history: Chris Gayle hits a ton off 30 balls for Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League
- Rajan's Wrong 'un: Mischief-maker CMJ will always be a hero to me
- Witness Mervyn Westfield told to attend Danish Kaneria appeal
- Triple crown for Sprinter despite slow Irish going
- High street bookmakers to repay stakes placed on horses involved in Godolphin doping scandal
- You dope! Racing faces its greatest crisis over Godolphin steroid scandal
- Godolphin in 'shock' as trainer Mahmood al-Zarooni admits steroid use
- Sprinter's Irish journey far more than a lap of honour
- Hot Snap and Toronado roll back the years for Cecil and Hannon
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'