Day In a Page
Tuesday, 30 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- World's smallest movie: IBM uses individual atoms to make record-breaking short film of boy kicking football
- Gene therapy to offer up to 1m heart patients new lease of life
- In pictures: Images from the Herschel space observatory
- Nasa images reveal mammoth storm on Saturn 20 times bigger than average earth hurricane
- Video: Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo completes test flight successfully
- It's all in the brain! Scientists slow down ageing in mice
- Deanna Durbin: Actress and singer who became one of the biggest stars in Hollywood
- Ralph Brown: Member of the 'geometry of fear' school of sculptors
- Janos Starker: Cello virtuoso whose teaching had as big an impact as his own playing
- Ali Kafi: Politician who led Algeria following the 1992 coup
- Stephen Dodgson: Composer hailed for his guitar works
- Sandor Racz: Labour activist who helped lead Hungary's anti-Soviet resistance during 1956
- François Jacob: Geneticist who helped discover 'the core of life'
- Allan Arbus: Photographer who went on to become an actor best known on television in 'M*A*S*H'
- Bishop Aloysius Jin Luxian: Priest who spent 20 years in jail under Mao
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Plant the seed and get children gardening
- A party political broadcast by the Tories: Prison’s like a holiday camp
- Reginald D Hunter and the PFA: Talking about racism isn’t the problem
- One easy way to raise GDP – just get companies to answer the phone
- Cash-hungry countries have encouraged the rise of tax havens
- Tough on crime, but not so smart about it
- Prisons aren’t the right place for people with mental illness. We must find another way
- Fighting on Everest is just one more sign the golden age of mountaineering has passed
- In defence of the humanities: Why this Government is wrong to scorn an arts education
- Can't come out? Yes, you can.
- Horror show: Grayling's ban on 18 rated movies misunderstands both prisoners and film
- Does the law belong in the classroom?
- The cut our Government thought you wouldn't care about
- In the EU, a better deal need not only be for Britain
- You last-minute dropouts are causing a flakiness epidemic
- Insert your reason here why Amanda Knox is guilty/innocent
- This pensioner isn’t giving his benefits back
- Corrupt, ineffective and hypocritical: Britain should give less aid, not more
- Can't we enjoy our food without a photo shoot?
- FA, PFA and moral outrage: how does one quantify the severity of racism?
- Women, the first casualties of recession
- Need knows no gender
- Free press under siege in Sri Lanka
- Voices in Danger: In Libya, Gaddafi's media suppression lingers
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- £200m masterplan to revamp Lord's unveiled
- New Zealand bring plenty of baggage for Ashes curtain-raiser
- Lions leader Joe Root viewed as future England captain
- 'We're nobody's starter': New Zealand ready for summer tour of England
- Will Smith comes good for Durham but Stuart Broad forced to go off again
- James Taylor gives selectors a nudge as Broad shrugs off injury scare on good day for Notts
- Derbyshire’s Chesney Hughes brings Yorkshire down at Headingley
- Mark Wood right at home to torment Notts yet again
- New Zealand coach Mike Hesson fires warning to England
- County Championship Round-up: Chesney Hughes unlucky not to break 117-year-old Yorkshire record
- County Championship round-up: Joe Root adds to reputation after hitting 232 against Derbyshire
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more