Day In a Page
Thursday, 4 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ruth Prawer Jhabvala: Author and screenwriter who won two Oscars and the Booker Prize
- Professor Tony Legge: Authority on the archaeology of animal bones
- Barbara Piasecka Johnson: Heiress to a disputed fortune
- Bebo Valdes: Influential pianist and bandleader
- Milo O'Shea: Versatile character actor whose work encompassed 'Ulysses' and 'Barbarella'
- Jesus 'Chuy' Silva Jr: Bodyboarding champion
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- George Osborne called us deficit deniers, but we were right. His economic era is over
- Labour cannot win by debating welfare on the Tories' terms
- Sunderland need Di Canio like a hole in the head
- Kim Jong-un: The dictator’s night seems darkest immediately before the dawn
- Letter from the Editor: It’s not easy speaking in measured tones about Philpott
- Mrs Justice Thirlwall: the one woman Philpott couldn't defeat
- Knowing Shakespeare fiddled his taxes tells us nothing. And don’t say it makes him ‘human’
- Now your tweets and Facebook statuses will live for ever. A good idea?
- This week's big questions: Could you live on £53 a week? How should the West deal with North Korea’s warmongering?
- There's nothing classy about making a display of your passion for high art
- Welfare can’t be reformed in isolation. It doesn’t exist in isolation
- The joy of the Rijksmuseum: A museum mustn’t be afraid of being boring
- Errors and Omissions: ‘Dux’ on Di Canio's bicep? There's a problem in that construction
- Men buy sex for many reasons - as a sex worker, I can tell you they don't deserve to be criminalised
- How to make the money men sit up and listen: German tactics could help outpriced Premier League fans
- Laxative abuse may be difficult to police, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try...
- My style is goth/punk, and my appearance affects most aspects of my life
- China wants to give minorities a higher standard of living. What's so tyrannical about that?
- Trust me, I'm Dr DIY: Is there more to self-prescription?
- What did I learn from this class survey? Watch out for the postman if he's humming Mozart
- The mister-ious case of disappearing formality
- Philpott wasn’t a symbol of Welfare UK, but blame the State for letting his depravity go unchecked
- Obama inspired a lot of hope in Israel. But is peace really any closer?
- It’s wrong to beat up someone for being a goth, but wasn’t it always?
- The Vogue Factor: Fashion really isn’t worth dying for
- Don't blame lad culture for misogyny, blame misogynist lads
- Look Left and Right - but it's pupils themselves who should set course of education
- Rahul Gandhi's India – a beehive of buzzing thoughts
- Despite what UKIP might say, EU migration is a two-way street
- It won't get you clean, Lance: Armstrong returns to competition as a swimmer
- Editorial: No taboos about welfare, no easy answers either
- Editorial: The Queen of the Skies flies into the sunset
- Editorial: François Hollande: plus ça change...
- Editorial: At last, some sense on nerve-agent pesticides
- Editorial: Trident and North Korea - Mr Cameron is jumping the gun
- Editorial: A long way to go to fix our banking culture
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Aintree 2013: Tragedy strikes again on eve of Grand National
- Freezing temperatures fail to steal thunder of fashionistas at Aintree Ladies' Day
- Aintree: Tragedy hits Grand National meet as Katie Walsh's mount dies
- Aintree: Sprinter Sacre wins the Melling Chase
- Aintree: Tartan Snow's moment in the sun tainted by disaster
- Aintree: Time D'Albain chases Topham Chase glory
- Aintree: Sprinter Sacre has to go extra distance to prove prowess
- Aintree: Thousand Stars looks to make it third time lucky in the Hurdle
- The Grand National: Jonjo O'Neill's desire undimmed despite the darkest days
- Jonjo O'Neill's high hopes for Aintree duo
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Money Insider: Avoid big banks for loans of less than £5,000
- Mark Dampier: Success of unloved ITV is no mystery to clever investors
- Five Questions About: Lying energy firms
- Making extra cash from your home is easy
- Simon Read: Energy firms must be controlled
- Spotlight on: Coventry's poppy ISA
- There's no magic to Paypal's cash freeze trick
- Questions of Cash: Mortgage was paid off but no one told the Land Registry
- Donald MacInnes: Here's to a £4.3bn marvel of the British export trade
- The Bargain Hunter: Get zooming in on discount grooming
- New shock for victims of energy back-billing
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Watch a man race the Circle line and win
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 5 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute