Day In a Page
Sunday, 7 April 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Could chocolate soon be one of your five-a-day? Scientists replace sweet treat's fat content with fruit juice, reducing total fat by half
- Genetic mutations linked to childhood obesity
- 'Insane' rules block medical trial of fungus
- The Protestant work ethic: Heaven knows I'm miserable now
- Studies find heart can affect how we feel fear
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Robert Fisk: Khalil Raad's Palestinian pictures chart the history - and the tragedy
- On a one-way street to social inequality
- Mick, quite happy being Mick. Wouldn't you be?
- David Cameron restocks his emotive arsenal
- Thatcher’s policies had a lasting impact on everybody during her years in power and beyond
- Margaret Thatcher was both trailblazer and sounding board
- Steve Richards: The mark of Margaret Thatcher's success was how she forced her enemies to change
- Dominic Lawson: Believe it or not, Thatcher was a woman who cared
- It'll cost you over a tenner to Facebook message Tom Daley - but why doesn't he see a penny of it?
- John Walsh on Margaret Thatcher: The lady with the handbag became as recognisable as Churchill and his cigar
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemma: The critical voice inside my head
- Professor David Nutt wants to do scientific research into illegal drugs. What's so nutty about that?
- Michael Brown: Thatcher changed Britain - and I was lucky enough to see her in action firsthand
- Shirley Williams: How Margaret Thatcher changed Britain
- John Rentoul: Margaret Thatcher saved the British economy, but at too high a social cost
- Douglas Hurd on Thatcher: Working alongside a political titan
- Watching 'has beens' on The Voice and The Big Reunion might make great TV, but is it responsible?
- Man about town: In France, champagne is just a drink - not a marker of class
- Justice for Ruth Berry Peal, who was forcibly mutilated in Liberia, but still no ban on FGM
- Coptic Christians: The minority who are an easy target in tough times
- Was Barack Obama's 'good-looking' remark inappropriate?
- France is losing patience with its ‘Mr Normal’ president and his anti-austerity policies
- MMR and measles in South Wales: In fear of the unknown, we risked the well-known
- Lee Halpin's tragic story shows the terrible plight of the homeless - but does anybody care?
- Prepare your lachrymals for the heart-rending tale of Iain Duncan Smith's trying months of hardship
- Who better to articulate youth issues than Paris Brown - a wayward teen?
- The Book of Mormon might be offensive, but even the Mormon Church can see the funny side
- Justin Beiber, Harry Styles and other DIY inkers - tattoo do you think you're kidding?
- Japan has finally joined the quantitative easing party - and better late than never
- Libya's future looks bleak as media focus turns elsewhere
- Keep military might off the sports pitch
- Grubby Osborne's crude opportunism is capitalising on fear
- Women who eat cakes wear clothes too
- I turned off the lights at Television Centre
- No bees, no honey, no wine: Pesticides that put all nature at risk
- Why the poor wear flashier trainers
- Our young need jobs, not crass TV
- Sexual predator seeks needy young woman
- The Emperor's New Clothes (7 April 2013)
- Rant & Rave (07/04/13)
- Editorial: A nation more divided
- Editorial: Margaret Thatcher ruled – and she divided
- Editorial: For Chris Huhne jail is no bar to literary success - in fact, it's inspiration
- Editorial: It's too soon to give up on Iran
- Editorial: Ukip's dramatic emergence may yet throw the May local elections wide open
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Masters 2013: Darren Clarke withdraws from Augusta
- The Masters 2013: Martin Laird and Rory McIlroy receive lifts at the Texas Open
- The Masters 2013: Sandy Lyle is still an Augusta contender after all these years
- James Lawton: Can Tiger Woods follow Jack Nicklaus in being born-again Master in Augusta?
- Rory McIlroy shows signs of the old style
- The Masters: British hopefuls aim to pick their way past Tiger Woods
- The Masters 2013: Rory McIlroy and Martin Laird lead the British charge at Texas Open
- Grand National: Not miserable now... Smiths’ victory stuns Aintree
- Five things we learnt from Aintree this year...
- Hospital airlift for Grand National-winning jockey Ryan Mania
- Grand National winner Ryan Mania 'bit sore' but on mend
- The Calvin Report: Race of Death lives to fight another day
- Grand National: The most perilous race on Earth?
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more