Day In a Page
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Appalling irresponsibility': Senior scientists attack Chinese researchers for creating new strains of influenza virus in veterinary laboratory
- World's smallest movie: IBM uses individual atoms to make record-breaking short film of boy kicking football
- Video: Nasa releases time-lapse video of giant sun explosion
- It's all in the brain! Scientists slow down ageing in mice
- Sir Alan Smith: Wingman to Douglas Bader who became a fighter ace in his own right
- Deanna Durbin: Actress and singer who became one of the biggest stars in Hollywood
- Chris Kelly: Rapper who hit the charts with the '90s duo Kriss Kross
- Angelines Villacampa: Guide and conservationist who restored a village in the Pyrenees
- Stephen Dodgson: Composer hailed for his guitar works
- Sandor Racz: Labour activist who helped lead Hungary's anti-Soviet resistance during 1956
- François Jacob: Geneticist who helped discover 'the core of life'
- Allan Arbus: Photographer who went on to become an actor best known on television in 'M*A*S*H'
- Bishop Aloysius Jin Luxian: Priest who spent 20 years in jail under Mao
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- War reporting - a veteran’s guide: Shot at, seized by a murderous mob and chased by kidnappers...
- Grace Dent: Roache is the latest celeb in the dock and we’re the judge and jury. It makes me uneasy
- If you ask me...there are some other people who could hand you back some cash, Iain Duncan Smith
- The volunteering spirit of London Olympics 2012 will perish without a new big idea
- Look on the bright side: There’s a roaring heroin trade in Afghanistan, and it's all thanks to us
- So it's Bayern Munich versus Borussia Dortmund at Wembley - If this is the Fourth Reich, count me in
- Holland is proof that the less power a monarch has the more we seem to love them
- A generation who don't care for nature, but it's the parents who are to blame
- Remembering Justin Fashanu a different way, 15 years after his death
- Heard the one about the Orthodox Jewish woman suing Lancôme over fading Sabbath make-up?
- Teach them about porn! How else will kids know if what they've seen or heard is right or wrong?
- Voices in Danger: Chad - Journalist seized in front of his family and thrown into a disease-ridden jail for investigating the government
- Race is part of the body image conversation, so why don't we talk about it?
- Insert your reason here why Amanda Knox is guilty/innocent
- This pensioner isn’t giving his benefits back
- Corrupt, ineffective and hypocritical: Britain should give less aid, not more
- Can't we enjoy our food without a photo shoot?
- FA, PFA and moral outrage: how does one quantify the severity of racism?
- Women, the first casualties of recession
- Need knows no gender
- Free press under siege in Sri Lanka
- Voices in Danger: In Libya, Gaddafi's media suppression lingers
- Bless you! From tissue boxes to toilets, soon our domestic appliances could talk...
- Poll: Is this a photo of UKIP candidate Alex Wood giving a Nazi salute? Or imitating a plant?
- Now that's payback! Reginald D. Hunter has the last laugh with his Facebook album from PFA awards
- Barack Obama will need more than goodwill to close Guantanamo
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- £200m masterplan to revamp Lord's unveiled
- 'We're nobody's starter': New Zealand ready for summer tour of England
- Graeme Swann's day spoilt by Phil Mustard cutting a dash for Durham
- Mark Wood right at home to torment Notts yet again
- New Zealand coach Mike Hesson fires warning to England
- County Championship round-up: Graeme Smith suffers third cheap dismissal in four innings for Surrey
- County Championship round-up: Joe Root adds to reputation after hitting 232 against Derbyshire
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
Leaked documents show Ukip leaders approve NHS privatisation once it becomes more 'acceptable to the electorate'
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Narendra Modi: Indian Prime Minister wears suit with pinstripes that spell his name to meet Barack Obama