Day In a Page
Tuesday, 28 May 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- One giant leap for reptiles: Have alien-hunters found a lizard on Mars?
- Inside the Aids virus: Research finds chink in the armour that protects HIV in breakthrough that could lead to a new class of drugs
- 'Killer robots' which are able to identify and kill targets without human input should be banned, UN urged
- In pictures: Soyuz capsule takes off and flies to the International Space Station
- Soyuz trip to International Space Station sets record of 5 hours 40 minutes - quicker than flight from London to New York
- Marshall Lytle: Bassist at the forefront of the rock'n'roll explosion with Bill Haley and His Comets
- José Luis Sampedro: Economist who became an inspiration for Spain's anti-austerity movement
- Alan Arnell: Powerful Liverpool centre forward
- Steve Forrest: US actor who made his mark in The Baron and as Lt 'Hondo' Harrelson in S.W.A.T.
- Sue Draheim: Widely admired folk violinist
- Norman Routledge: Inspirational teacher and mathematician
- Bill Pertwee: Actor best known for his role as the curmudgeonly Warden Hodges in Dad's Army
- Adrian Leftwich: Leading anti-apartheid activist who turned state witness
- Georges Moustaki: Musician who wrote some of Piaf's most enduring songs
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The day the Everyday Sexism Project won - and Facebook changed its image
- Christine Angot, her husband's ex-girlfriend and the cardinal sin of fiction: not actually making it up
- Airbnb: This is where I rest my head – and my case
- It’s not just newborn babies abandoned in China
- If I can fall through the cracks of the NHS, with my gob and sharp elbows, what hope for the meek?
- Cameron the new Major? Don’t buy that myth
- Helen Fielding's timeless creation is growing older - but is Bridget Jones growing wiser too?
- Woolwich murder: With universal condemnation comes the need for wise action
- Dress provocatively? Overweight? You're not 'asking for trouble' nor are you the root of the problem
- The New Suffragettes: Pussy Riot are the band that dared to rock Russia’s establishment
- Tesco have got a nerve trying to 'encourage' healthy eating when their fruit and veg costs so much
- David Goodhart's got a book to flog, so why won't the Hay-on-Wye Festival let him flog it?
- So Theresa May and Sayeeda Warsi want to ban the preachers of hate? On the contrary, bring 'em on
- The New Suffragettes: Witness the bare-chested defiance of Femen
- Making moves towards a Britain where graduates don't need to go to extreme measures to get a job
- Even with patriotic intentions and my credit card primed, I still couldn’t spend to save the economy
- These spending cuts go to the heart of what sort of society we want to be
- A postcard from your Prime Minister
- The climate change sceptics are winning - and the environmental lobby only has itself to blame
- Woolwich: It’s about time the left spoke out against religious fanaticism
- The Woolwich media coverage reinforces the myth that brown people are somehow 'not British'
- Mind over body: The prejudice of intellectuals
- Editorial: Deller shows the best of British in Venice
- Editorial: A Teflon politician called Boris
- Editorial: No such thing as 'out-of-hours' care
- Editorial: Should wrestling be an Olympic sport?
- Editorial: This revolving door between public and private sector employment is too generous
- Editorial: Ceasefire not escalation should be the EU’s aim in Syria
- Robert Fisk: ‘We ran up to the roof. That was when the second missile killed Loulou’: Lebanon is counting the cost in human lives of the Syrian conflict
- Rhodri Marsden: Why it's not overly healthy to compare oneself to David Bowie
- Pakistan’s new Prime Minister has to maintain US dialogue
- Respecting animals’ capabilities is the No 1 rule
- Atheists may still experience everlasting bliss
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Racing ferrets, pygmy goats and Britain’s finest beasts: Its the 150th Royal Bath & West show
- Warning over GM fish: hybrid salmon can breed with wild species and harm ecosystem
- Tiny but feisty prehistoric wesserpeton amphibian discovered
- Cornwall’s oaks to last a millennium face the axe after just 13 years
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England v New Zealand 2nd Test - Day 5 as it happened
- England v New Zealand Second Test: Defiant Alastair Cook defends his tactics after series victory at Headingley
- Why is England coach Andy Flower so prickly?
- Michael Clarke weighs in on phoney Ashes war
- James Lawton: Lucky England captain Alastair Cook narrowly avoids letting New Zealand off the hook
- England v New Zealand: The best bits of Andy Flower's 'prickly' post-match interview
- Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting insists he would resist comeback call for the Ashes
- County Championship round-up: Somerset left to toil once more by free-scoring Lyth
- Second Test: Graeme Swann grabs six wickets as England beat New Zealand by 247 runs
- Second Test: Graeme Swann thanks elbow surgeon Shawn O'Driscoll for saving his career as England beat New Zealand
- Michael Vaughan questions England tactics in second Test against New Zealand
- Second Test: Rain delays England's charge at Headingley against New Zealand
- French Open: Ernests Gulbis claims Fab Four are awful bores
- Britain's involvement in the 2013 French Open over before the second round following defeat for Heather Watson
- French Open 2013: Bernard Tomic in limbo as all the Slams ban his father following head butt
- French Open 2013: Elena Baltacha and Heather Watson forced to wait as rain delays third day in Paris
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Do you really need to take a suitcase of gadgets on holiday?
- Why the key to booking a holiday vehicle is to cut out the middle-man
- Get me out of here - camp in Morocco, ride on the Orient Express, walk in Hillary's footsteps
- Deals of the week - West Sussex, new UK coach tour, cruise to Iceland
- The 10 Best sleeping bags
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 Chinese authorities arrest 11 people over exhuming woman’s body to sell as corpse bride
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it