Day In a Page
Saturday, 13 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- William Turner: Painter who emerged from Lowry’s shadow when he was in his eighties
- Corey Monteith: Actor who came to fame in American hit television series 'Glee'
- Philip Caldwell obituary: Executive who restored Ford's global standing
- Olive Lewin: Anthropologist who rescued Jamaican folklore from Eurocentrism
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Trayvon Martin murder jury was prevented from considering the real issue at play – racial profiling
- Bravo, Ed Miliband! But who'll pay for the election now?
- The last of the great intellectuals
- What's so wrong with marriage?
- Make an example of Danny Nightingale? They chose the wrong guy
- Like a Cold War thriller – my meeting with NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Robert Fisk: By taking sides within sides, Rifkind risks a repeat of Balkans mistakes in Syria
- Olympics legacy: What remains of the 'Isles of Wonder' euphoria?
- Matthew Norman on Monday: Farewell, Milibandroid the Elder, and come again soon
- The No. 1 mistake? Writing off the music industry just because you're no longer so fully engaged
- PTSD and soldier suicide are serious, but let's be sure on the statistics
- There have been protests in both Turkey and Egypt in recent months, but the similarities end there
- Union City Blues: Falkirk wasn't a wake up call for Labour, it was a wake up call for the unions
- Bernanke is right to dash the expectation that ‘tapering’ is going to happen any time soon
- Sex scandals are no bar to public office...
- Hidden hands of old regimes did not go away
- Ed Miliband's reforms will be costly. Not changing will cost even more
- Why the delay on plain packs for cigarettes?
- Boy George is looking cheerful, Nigel's the dutiful dad and the s-l-o-w pace of politics pre-Twitter
- Reading a dull book? Put it down this instant!
- Dog hit by car; master savaged by villagers
- The Labour Party must have a relationship with trade unionists not just a trade union
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tour de France 2013: Historic climb on Mont Ventoux gives us Chris Froome with a view
- Tour de France: Injuries, crashes and inexperience push Chris Froome and Sky to the limit
- The Last Word: The ghosts of Tours past still haunt Chris Froome
- Tour de France: 10 things we've learnt so far at the Tour de France
- Tour de France: Leader takes it easy before climb up Bald Mountain
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 15 preview - video
- Ashes 2013: Double review ends Michael Clarke’s resistance to give England the edge
- James Lawton: Graeme Swann's pure genius cracks stout Aussies
- It was my finest innings in Ashes Tests, says Ian Bell
- Ashes 2013: Controversial umpiring makes for interesting viewing at the Ashes
- Ashes 2013: Adam Gilchrist agrees with Stuart Broad's decision not to walk
- The Calvin Report: Walk? Only if the car runs out of petrol
- John Townsend: Batsmen are faced with the gravity of the situation
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Dreamliner fire hits Boeing's fortunes
- Simon Calder: Touch down at London's new draw
- Holiday luggage unzipped
- Travel challenge: Last-minute beach breaks
- In the bag
- Travel agenda
- My life in travel: Kele Okereke
- Tips and deals of the week: Historic Britain; Aurora Reykjavik; Four Seasons Lion Palace in St Petersburg
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Investment Insider: Think like a predator if you want to make a killing
- Sparkling: Diamonds could be the investors’ best friend
- Stepping off the housing ladder needn’t be a backward move
- Consumer Rights: We think plastic is fantastic, even if we don’t understand it
- School summer holidays: Keep kids active and stay in pocket
- The real world decides what you pay, not new Bank of England Governor Mark Carney
- More homeowners taking up equity release
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more