Day In a Page
Monday, 15 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Keogh report leaves us asking - what is Government for?
- Tate Britain: If you patronise Lowry, you patronise generations of urban Britons
- Bernanke makes markets twitch but what counts is the economy
- Brangelina don't cut it, where’s the Richard Burton and Liz Taylor of today?
- IDS politically motivated? God forbid!
- The latest figures reveal it's time for the Home Office to end experiments on animals
- Polish parliament upholds ban on ritual slaughter - but it's nothing to do with Judaism
- Life on Marsden: I’m turning into the worst sort of middle-class snob
- Thanks British Airways, it's like I never went away
- Mishal Husain is joining the Today programme - but does it need a more radical overhaul?
- Packed lunches were a marker of class at school - banning them might bring children together
- The heroism of the murdered Good Samaritan proves society needs both justice and compassion
- Zimmerman trial: Race is a constant in US life – as elsewhere
- Letters: Olympic waste of public money
- JK Rowling proves we are most ourselves when we pretend to be another
- Sorry, Thom Yorke, but Spotify helps bands much more than it hinders them
- Is Stuart Broad a cheat? I’d rather England's cricket team were ruthless winners than priggish losers
- The Ministry of Defence is running out of excuses for soldier deaths during training exercises
- Dream on Cameron, you're no Harry Potter
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: My 67-year-old father is besotted with a 25-year-old woman
- The Liverpool Care Pathway is dead, but we must still address how we care for the dying
- Damn this hot weather to hell!
- Owen Jones: For Tories, privatisation is still a matter of dogmatic faith
- Remember Essex Lion? Police called to body in Thames - which was actually a catfish
- Who said it: Pippa Middleton or Pippatips?
- If Gary Barlow leaves, who would you like to replace him on The X Factor?
- LISTEN: Brand new Dean Atta poem on Trayvon Martin case
- JK Rowling donned an invisibility cloak for bestselling novel ‘The Cuckoo’s Calling’
- Today programme shake up: Try to keep it short, Ms Husain
- As Snowden applies for temporary asylum, he becomes Mr Putin’s inconvenient guest
- The Keogh report: Don’t judge the NHS by its failures
- Prince Charles and a tax deal that takes the biscuit
- The ups and downs of a slowdown in China
- Battle for the heart of the Tories
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tour de France 2013: Chris Froome accuses Alberto Contador after rivals collide on rapid descent
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 17 preview - video
- Tour de France 2013: Chris Froome furious over doping accusations - 'Lance Armstrong cheated. I’m not cheating. End of story'
- Strava GPS app: Proof at last – pro cyclists are faster than us all
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 16 preview - video
- Ashes 2013 First test: James Anderson ends epic resistance as England beat Australia
- Ashes 2013: Andy Flower refuses to be critical of Stuart Broad for not walking
- Ashes 2013: A pity that this fascinating contest had to be ended by mere gadgetry
- Ashes 2013: Former coach Mickey Arthur threatens to disrupt Australia by suing over dismissal
- Ashes 2013: After a perfect start, the only problem is actually coming up with something to follow it...
- Ashes 2013: The complete package - how James Anderson became England’s go-to man
- Ashes 2013: There’s no one that I’d rather have in my team right now than Jimmy Anderson - Alastair Cook
- Ashes 2013: Michael Clarke called Shane Watson 'a cancer on the team' alleges fired Australia coach Mickey Arthur
- The Light Roller: Australia's top order woes may not be as easily fixed as Darren Lehmann appears to believe
- James Lawton on the Ashes 2013: James Anderson torments the Australians – then delivers the final thrust
- Ashes 2013: Umpires Aleem Dar and Kumar Dharmasena face rapid return to the front line
- Ian Bell on the Ashes 2013: Most of us just sat about eating Cornettos before that final session
- Ashes 2013: England stick with same squad for second Test
- Ashes 2013: Five things we learnt at the thrilling battle of Trent Bridge
- Ashes 2013: Far from a crisis as baggy Greens outplayed but not outmatched
- Ashes 2013: Michael Clarke won’t be driven to distraction by DRS in the 'Technology Test'
- The Ashes 2013 First Test: Player ratings
- Round-Up: Warwickshire lose title hero Wright to injury for six months
- Matt Butler: Who needs Sky gimmicks when Blofeld’s on the bus?
- The Open 2013: Nick Faldo still stirring up controversy at Muirfield
- The Open 2013: Tiger Woods: I’m as good as I’ve ever been, but the opposition has improved
- The Open 2013: Rory McIlroy paired with Phil Mickelson on opening days
- The Open 2013: Ernie Els glad to be back as he returns the Claret Jug
- The Open 2013: Rory McIlroy grouped with Phil Mickelson while Graeme McDowell is alongside favourite Tiger Woods
- Phil Mickelson sees off Brandon Grace to win dramatic Scottish Open
- Olympics legacy: Has the spirit of the smiling Games Makers' army endured?
- Olympics legacy: One year on, how much remains of those heady days of London 2012?
- Olympics legacy: Green enough to deserve environmental gold, but why so quiet?
- Olympics legacy: Did the Games succeed in rejuvenating East London?
- Olympics legacy: A long-term legacy takes a long time to grow, says Phil Sherwood
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- US border authorities declare professional gamers 'athletes'
- Google, Microsoft and Yahoo target piracy sites by blocking ad revenue
- Rumours that Apple planned to buy 3D sensor specialists shot down
- Instagram's first ever movie trailer shows off Ashton Kutcher as Apple-founder Steve Jobs in biopic 'Jobs'
- Update: NASA aborts live-streamed space walk after helmet leak
- Apple sued for 'enabling porn addiction'
- Microsoft smart watch to be built by team behind Surface tablet
- iWatch difficulties: Apple accepts their limitations & begin hiring 'aggressively'
- Moto X: Leaked ad shows off Google Glass style always on voice commands
- UK police authorised to seize mobile data at the border without reasonable suspicion
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj 'Anaconda': Singer finally releases predictable video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence