Day In a Page
Tuesday, 2 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Major-General Jack Dye: Soldier who fought on the Rhine and went on to serve in Aden
- Kenneth Wilson: Physicist and Nobel laureate
- Jim Kelly: Actor best known as Williams in 'Enter The Dragon'
- Margherita Hack: Astrophysicist and activist who fought for left-wing causes in Italy
- Roger LaVern: Keyboard player with the Tornados
- Bert Stern: Photographer who became best known for the 'Last Sitting' of Marilyn Monroe
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Profit making schools will bring chaos and cut standards
- For her own good, we should stop reading Liz Jones
- Ramadan Live? How dare Channel 4 disturb my dreams of the EDL leader riding a lion through Trafalgar Square?
- 'HELLO? Can’t talk right now!' And I thought mobile rudeness was just a fad...
- Wimbledon 2013: Kim Cattrall is lovely, but the Royal Box should have more worthy guests
- Childhood obesity? Time to ditch the school run and bring back the school walk
- Voices in Danger: The abuse of activists in Bahrain
- Whistleblowers: Is a change in the law enough to protect them - and us?
- The trial of Pervez Musharraf is as much about Pakistan's future as it is about its past
- The battle for Mandela’s legacy is only beginning
- Letters: Grill Grayling on legal aid changes
- How can we be confident that things are really getting better?
- A luxury retirement sounds lovely, but please can we have affordable sheltered housing too?
- Matthew Norman: For Michael Gove, the Pol Pot of education, every year is Year Zero
- George Osborne's latest flop over 'shares for rights' is typical of modern government
- Is the Muslim call to prayer really such a menace?
- Asia set to roast the planet
- Sermons preached in mosques will do nothing to prevent child sex abuse in south Asian communities
- Resist this cross-border bullying of Cyprus
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tour de France 2013: Mark Cavendish wins stage five
- Tour de France 2013: Chris Froome establishes early advantage over rivals
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 6 preview - video
- On The Road at the Tour de France: Back on the mainland
- Call that an injury, mate? Team Sky’s Geraint Thomas is hanging in the Tour de France with a fractured pelvis
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 5 preview - video
- Warm-up for Ashes turns into farcical nets session for England
- The Light Roller: The leg-spinner's art can still stand the test of time
- Shane Watson hits a century as Australia's batsmen enjoyed productive first day in final Ashes warm-up against Worcestershire
- England in comfort zone in Essex Ashes warm-up mismatch
- Spinner Fawad Ahmed clear to represent Australia in Ashes after receiving full citizenship
- ECB upholds Danish Kaneria ban
- Video: Mock the Week stars give their support for England ahead of the Ashes
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco - as it happened
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray wary of quarter-final banana skin against Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray is pushed to the very limit by big-hitter Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Juan Martin del Potro recovers from fall to crush David Ferrer in quarter-final match
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray set for support from Sir Alex Ferguson, Roy Hodgson, Stuart Lancaster and Nemanja Vidic...
- Wimbledon 2013: 'I don't think Roger Federer's going to win any more majors,' says John McEnroe
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray calls in outsider from fishing village for left-field job against Fernando Verdasco
- Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon Files: Andy Murray is too good a rightie for this leftie
- Wimbledon 2013: Shocking! This year's place on the Richter scale
- James Lawton at Wimbledon 2013: Sabine Lisicki stays clear of all the fear and loathing to progress
- Wimbledon 2013: 'I won't stop unless I can't hold a racket,' says Andy Murray
- Wimbledon2013: It’s the ladies semi-final countdown
- Wimbledon 2013: Jerzy Janowicz overpowers compatriot Lukasz Kubot in battle of the Poles
- Wimbledon 2013: Novak Djokovic continues serene progress with straight sets win over Tomas Berdych
- Wimbledon 2013: Anticipation builds on Murray Mound as Andy prepares to take on Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Order of play for Wednesday 3 July
- Wimbledon 2013: Defeat to Tomas Berdych spurred me on to become World No 1, says Novak Djokovic
- Wimbledon 2013: The super six who can wreck Britain's dreams
- Wimbledon 2013: Polish pride at 'white and red Wimbledon'
- Wimbledon 2013: Agnieszka Radwanska stumbles before crossing line
- Wimbledon 2013: Marion Bartoli ends hopes of last US player Sloane Stephens
- Wimbledon 2013: Kirsten Flipkens stunned to reach semi-finals after shock win over former champion Petra Kvitova
- Wimbledon 2013: Serena Williams' conqueror Sabine Lisicki books her place in the semi-finals
- Wimbledon 2013: Sabine Lisicki believes the best is yet to come after stunning win over Serena Williams
- Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon Files 2013: Has Sabine Lisicki got the nerve to go for broke again?
- Wimbledon 2013: Serena Williams is shock to top the lot as favourite is dethroned by Sabine Lisicki
- SW19 Diary: Jack Nicklaus just loves his new club at Wimbledon
- Wimbledon 2013 Diary: Serena's support thin on the ground
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Why isn't there an Asian Google?
- Titanfall makes clean sweep of E3's Game Critics Awards - wins 6 prizes
- Microsoft shows off 3D touchscreen that 'touches' back
- Real 'Watch Dogs': Ubisoft hacked as millions of users exposed
- Yahoo's buys iPhone video app Qwiki for a reported $50m
- New contact lenses offer 2.8x optical zoom
- EE announces double speed networks of up to 150Mbps
- Ofcom proposes changes to superfast broadband to promote competition
- Worldwide tech spending set to hit $3.7 trillion by end of 2013
- More iWatch trademark filings in Mexico, Taiwan, Turkey
- Bebo founder Michael Birch buys back failing $850m social network for $1m
- Can Xbox boss Don Mattrick save Zynga and social gaming?
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more