Day In a Page
Tuesday, 2 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Major-General Jack Dye: Soldier who fought on the Rhine and went on to serve in Aden
- Kenneth Wilson: Physicist and Nobel laureate
- Jim Kelly: Actor best known as Williams in 'Enter The Dragon'
- Margherita Hack: Astrophysicist and activist who fought for left-wing causes in Italy
- Roger LaVern: Keyboard player with the Tornados
- Bert Stern: Photographer who became best known for the 'Last Sitting' of Marilyn Monroe
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Profit making schools will bring chaos and cut standards
- For her own good, we should stop reading Liz Jones
- Ramadan Live? How dare Channel 4 disturb my dreams of the EDL leader riding a lion through Trafalgar Square?
- 'HELLO? Can’t talk right now!' And I thought mobile rudeness was just a fad...
- Wimbledon 2013: Kim Cattrall is lovely, but the Royal Box should have more worthy guests
- Childhood obesity? Time to ditch the school run and bring back the school walk
- Voices in Danger: The abuse of activists in Bahrain
- Whistleblowers: Is a change in the law enough to protect them - and us?
- The trial of Pervez Musharraf is as much about Pakistan's future as it is about its past
- The battle for Mandela’s legacy is only beginning
- Letters: Grill Grayling on legal aid changes
- How can we be confident that things are really getting better?
- A luxury retirement sounds lovely, but please can we have affordable sheltered housing too?
- Matthew Norman: For Michael Gove, the Pol Pot of education, every year is Year Zero
- George Osborne's latest flop over 'shares for rights' is typical of modern government
- Is the Muslim call to prayer really such a menace?
- Asia set to roast the planet
- Sermons preached in mosques will do nothing to prevent child sex abuse in south Asian communities
- Resist this cross-border bullying of Cyprus
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tour de France 2013: Mark Cavendish wins stage five
- Tour de France 2013: Chris Froome establishes early advantage over rivals
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 6 preview - video
- On The Road at the Tour de France: Back on the mainland
- Call that an injury, mate? Team Sky’s Geraint Thomas is hanging in the Tour de France with a fractured pelvis
- Tour de France 2013: Stage 5 preview - video
- Warm-up for Ashes turns into farcical nets session for England
- The Light Roller: The leg-spinner's art can still stand the test of time
- Shane Watson hits a century as Australia's batsmen enjoyed productive first day in final Ashes warm-up against Worcestershire
- England in comfort zone in Essex Ashes warm-up mismatch
- Spinner Fawad Ahmed clear to represent Australia in Ashes after receiving full citizenship
- ECB upholds Danish Kaneria ban
- Video: Mock the Week stars give their support for England ahead of the Ashes
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco - as it happened
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray wary of quarter-final banana skin against Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray is pushed to the very limit by big-hitter Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Juan Martin del Potro recovers from fall to crush David Ferrer in quarter-final match
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray set for support from Sir Alex Ferguson, Roy Hodgson, Stuart Lancaster and Nemanja Vidic...
- Wimbledon 2013: 'I don't think Roger Federer's going to win any more majors,' says John McEnroe
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray calls in outsider from fishing village for left-field job against Fernando Verdasco
- Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon Files: Andy Murray is too good a rightie for this leftie
- Wimbledon 2013: Shocking! This year's place on the Richter scale
- James Lawton at Wimbledon 2013: Sabine Lisicki stays clear of all the fear and loathing to progress
- Wimbledon 2013: 'I won't stop unless I can't hold a racket,' says Andy Murray
- Wimbledon2013: It’s the ladies semi-final countdown
- Wimbledon 2013: Jerzy Janowicz overpowers compatriot Lukasz Kubot in battle of the Poles
- Wimbledon 2013: Novak Djokovic continues serene progress with straight sets win over Tomas Berdych
- Wimbledon 2013: Anticipation builds on Murray Mound as Andy prepares to take on Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Order of play for Wednesday 3 July
- Wimbledon 2013: Defeat to Tomas Berdych spurred me on to become World No 1, says Novak Djokovic
- Wimbledon 2013: The super six who can wreck Britain's dreams
- Wimbledon 2013: Polish pride at 'white and red Wimbledon'
- Wimbledon 2013: Agnieszka Radwanska stumbles before crossing line
- Wimbledon 2013: Marion Bartoli ends hopes of last US player Sloane Stephens
- Wimbledon 2013: Kirsten Flipkens stunned to reach semi-finals after shock win over former champion Petra Kvitova
- Wimbledon 2013: Serena Williams' conqueror Sabine Lisicki books her place in the semi-finals
- Wimbledon 2013: Sabine Lisicki believes the best is yet to come after stunning win over Serena Williams
- Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon Files 2013: Has Sabine Lisicki got the nerve to go for broke again?
- Wimbledon 2013: Serena Williams is shock to top the lot as favourite is dethroned by Sabine Lisicki
- SW19 Diary: Jack Nicklaus just loves his new club at Wimbledon
- Wimbledon 2013 Diary: Serena's support thin on the ground
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Why isn't there an Asian Google?
- Titanfall makes clean sweep of E3's Game Critics Awards - wins 6 prizes
- Microsoft shows off 3D touchscreen that 'touches' back
- Real 'Watch Dogs': Ubisoft hacked as millions of users exposed
- Yahoo's buys iPhone video app Qwiki for a reported $50m
- New contact lenses offer 2.8x optical zoom
- EE announces double speed networks of up to 150Mbps
- Ofcom proposes changes to superfast broadband to promote competition
- Worldwide tech spending set to hit $3.7 trillion by end of 2013
- More iWatch trademark filings in Mexico, Taiwan, Turkey
- Bebo founder Michael Birch buys back failing $850m social network for $1m
- Can Xbox boss Don Mattrick save Zynga and social gaming?
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 1 Al Pacino on suffering from depression: 'It can last and it's terrifying'
- 2 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127