Day In a Page
Monday, 22 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- George, James, Alexander or Richard? Bets come flying in on the name of the royal baby
- Royal baby: He's just one in 2,000 born in the UK yesterday - but will know nothing of the poverty that will hit one in three of them
- Royal baby front pages - from Private Eye to 'The Son'
- Royal baby: Three heirs to the throne in line for first time in 119 years - and the fact it's a boy avoids gender issue
- In pictures: Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancy
- Toshi Seeger: Activist and wife of Pete Seeger
- Dennis Farina: Actor whose years as a Chicago cop gave his work the pungency of real life
- Lawrie Reilly: One of Scottish football's greatest centre-forwards
- Robert Breare: Businessman who succeeded despite his shambolic corporate strategy
- Paul Bhattacharjee: Actor whose work took in the RSC, the Royal Court and 'EastEnders'
- Bert Trautmann
- William Turner
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- This article wouldn’t get past a public filter, Mr Cameron
- Owen Jones: Cruel? Certainly. Unforgivable? Beyond doubt. But the Tories aren't actually evil
- The Royal baby might have to wait 50 years - but the UK will still be the same
- From blue-chip hacking to GlaxoSmithKline: Britain is far more corrupt than we think
- Oprah Winfrey the pioneer of television therapy can save Lindsay Lohan - and us too
- Tim Key: 'Changing tyres isn’t my forte. I’m not a man in that sense. I can’t change anything'
- Will Help to Buy just help the rich feel even richer?
- You have to admit, the Royal Family serves a purpose
- Porn is about fantasy sex - and the truth is that some women have rape fantasies. But this is very different from the real thing
- Britain surely knows how bad things are for Burma's minorities. So why do we maintain diplomatic relations?
- Keeping news of the Royal baby private - even for four hours - was a superb decision. We should all cherish ‘unplugged’ moments
- Don't ban 'rape porn' - introduce more porn with negotiation and boundary-setting
- This Government doesn't understand technology. The attempt to block porn proves it
- Gabby Logan thinks women are window dressing at Sky News, but to me they seem like experts
- The pursuit of shale gas is another example of the Coalition's betrayal of the environment
- Is the EU getting tough on Israel at last?
- Royal baby birth: We've all had our special moment, now let Kate and Will have theirs
- Dear Royal baby... You won't know poverty, but will you know real people?
- Israel will maintain contact with Hezbollah, so why should Europe stop?
- Woolwich suspect’s broken teeth in prison sends a bad message
- Just because I’ve been on holiday doesn’t mean I have to be happy
- Mickelson versus Froome? Golf's last round is cycling's rolling start
- Cameron is getting tough on internet porn, so is a Fantasy Tsar now going to decide what's acceptable?
- There will be no Con/Lib coalition after the next election
- The war on drugs claims another victim, Martha Fernback
- It's hard to block online porn. But in my experience, it's more than worth it
- Don't neglect the importance of the humanities
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: My teenage son is using ketamine and cocaine
- Junior Just a Minute: Radio 4's panel game has been given a youthful new makeover
- You can doubt concrete parts of the Olympic legacy, but there's no questioning its spirit
- Why theatre's alternative space invaders need to leave their comfort zone
- Cellulite, scars, tattoos, hair, bingo wings and bellies: It's summer - so feel free to get it all out
- That's a right royal mess the Royal Ballet has got itself into
- Armpits4August is a great idea, but will I be growing it out? Not a chance in hell
- Humanity is on a crash course with carbon
- Intern magazine: how to make your own publicity and land a job
- Thought Blurred Lines was sexist? Try it this way
- Abu Ghraib mass jailbreak heightens fears over future of Iraq
- Royal baby boy is born: the facts
- Royal baby boy is born: The best of the internet's Lion King, Prince Harry and Tyler reaction
- Royal Baby: Baby gifts for the heir to the throne
- Liam Gallagher's affair rumours: would you expect a say in who your partner hires?
- Royal baby: Do the royals live up to their star signs?
- Royal baby: Five things we didn’t need to know about the pregnancy
- Royal baby: Your guide to TV royal pundits
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Will Chris Froome or Bradley Wiggins be Team Sky’s main man in next year’s Tour de France?
- Va va Froome: Chris Froome wins Tour de France and England’s Ashes cricketers bask in success, but Lee Westwood washes out
- Brian Cookson vows to hunt down cycling's drug pushers if he makes UCI President
- On The Road at the Tour de France: Last night was amazing – the roar on the Champs-Elyseé was deafening
- Tour de France 2013: Chris Froome hopes victory is the first of many
- Tour de France 2013: Sir Dave Brailsford hails Team Sky effort that propelled Chris Froome to glory
- Tour de France 2013: Stage-by-stage guide to how Chris Froome won the Tour de France
- Tour de France 2013: Chris Froome can be role model for clean cycling says father
- Tour de France 2013: Bad crashes and cookery courses - on the road with the Tour’s riders
- Tour de France 2013: Mark Cavendish’s reign on Champs Elysées curtailed by Marcel Kittel
- Tour de France 2013: ‘I’d give anything to see my mother with me here today’ says Chris Froome
- Tour de France 2013: Chris Froome on top of the world
- Angus Fraser on The Ashes 2013: I take no joy in watching Australia getting thrashed by England...
- The Ashes 2013: Alan Border slams Australia's 'embarrassing' batsmen after Test debacle
- Michael Calvin: Is the Big Bash leaving a dent in Australian hopes of producing Test players?
- The Ashes 2013: Graham Gooch sings praises of England’s grounded shooting star Joe Root
- Ashes 2013: Don’t laugh, we can still win the series, insists captain Michael Clarke
- Ashes 2013: James Anderson hopeful that Kevin Pietersen will be fit for third Test in his recovery from a calf strain
- The Light Roller: There is no easy way back for these Aussies
- Shane Warne ends competitive cricket career by retiring from Melbourne Stars
- Ashes 2013: Spare your sympathy – this is payback time for Australia
- Ashes 2013: This is now a crisis for Australia. We need Fawad Ahmed to answer the SOS call
- Ashes 2013: England v Australia second Test - player ratings
- Round-Up: Arafat sinks Warwickshire to record low of 73
- James Lawton at The Open 2013: Tiger Woods' fiercely competitive flame is more like a feeble flicker these days
- Magnificent Phil Mickelson locks sights on US Open following victory at The Open 2013
- James Lawton at The Open 2013: Champion’s nerve still proves out of reach for Lee Westwood
- The Open 2013: Phil Mickelson 'showed a lot of guts' says Jack Nicklaus
- The Open 2013: Lee Westwood says 'I know what to work on' after missing out again
- The Open 2013: Matthew Fitzpatrick 'the bellboy' collects silver medal and earns Fred Couples' respect
- Open 2013 Diary: Junior plays in fame game
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Wikipedia wants you: 'We're a startup in stealth mode', says Jimmy Wales as he plans to open data to all
- Ubuntu Edge: A $32 million campaign to create 'the future of the phone'
- Nokia's Lumia 625: With its 4.7-inch display this is a budget big-screen aimed at first time smartphone buyers
- Google's new ads for Gmail masquerade as regular emails
- Nvidia Shield confirms US launch date of July 31
- Sim cards hacked: A single text that unlocks millions of mobiles
- Apple reportedly testing 13-inch iPad and larger iPhone
- Facebook moves into new markets as low-powered app hits 100 million users
- Apple developer website hacker claims he has 'over 100,000 user details'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Gatwick bids for second runway as alternative to Heathrow expansion
- Deals of the week - Barcelona, cruising Venice to Athens, El Hierro
- Get me out of here - Cyprus, Lake Como, Dubai
- Where to go after a September city break in Rome – seaside or countryside?
- Lightning strikes and floods disrupt rail services across UK
- Travel Click firm goes bust on busiest week of year for holidaymakers
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist