Day In a Page
Wednesday, 3 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- South Georgia enters the rat race to exterminate its very unwelcome invaders
- Medical ethicist: Ban on sex selection of IVF embryos is not justified
- Cockatoos show they can master the nuts and bolts
- Scientist claims humans could evolve beaks instead of teeth
- Japanese scientists grow working mini-livers for mice from stem cells
- Bone-marrow transplants leave men ‘HIV-free’
- Princess Fawzia Fuad: Daughter of King Fuad who married the Shah of Iran
- Emilio Colombo: Politician who helped shape modern Europe
- Jim Goddard: Director whose best work brought a grim, seedy beauty to London's underworld
- Major-General Jack Dye: Soldier who fought on the Rhine and went on to serve in Aden
- Kenneth Wilson: Physicist and Nobel laureate
- Jim Kelly: Actor best known as Williams in 'Enter The Dragon'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Health tourism: Do we need a crackdown?
- Happy 4th July Independence Day...wherever you are
- Poll: Should the BBC reflect more extreme views?
- How does Murray match compare to the most watched TV of all time?
- Twitter Reaction: Jay-Z's new album, Magna Carta Holy Grail
- Were you happy with the BBC coverage of Glastonbury?
- Poll: Is it rude to talk on your mobile phone at a shop checkout?
- HS2 must not fail. If it does, investment in our future is doomed
- Profit making schools will bring chaos and cut standards
- Britain should not share its intelligence with the US
- Labour may be stranded in the desert by Tom Watson's resignation
- You’re not unemployed – you lack self-reliance
- Dislike Rihanna? Husband doesn't love you enough? Be your own Liz Jones with PimpMyFamily
- Women bishops are the first big test for Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby
- Egypt is not alone in its difficult transition
- Snowden's case shows it's not easy to gain refugee status
- The spy who loved me? Not quite
- Once struck, twice as deadly: why we should all fear Marine Le Pen
- We have known asbestos causes cancer for more than 100 years. So why are people still dying?
- When is a military coup not a military coup? When it happens in Egypt, apparently
- How safe is your kitchen? Our system for recalling faulty gas cookers isn't good enough
- Unions are sure to fight Gove's term time plans
- An invisibility cloak? We've already got social media
- Mandela coverage: a fine line between racism and ethics?
- Northerners VS Southerners: who comes out on top?
- Ramadan Live? How dare Channel 4 disturb my dreams of the EDL leader riding a lion through Trafalgar Square?
- 'HELLO? Can’t talk right now!' And I thought mobile rudeness was just a fad...
- Wimbledon 2013: Kim Cattrall is lovely, but the Royal Box should have more worthy guests
- Childhood obesity? Time to ditch the school run and bring back the school walk
- Voices in Danger: The abuse of activists in Bahrain
- Whistleblowers: Is a change in the law enough to protect them - and us?
- The trial of Pervez Musharraf is as much about Pakistan's future as it is about its past
- The battle for Mandela’s legacy is only beginning
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco - as it happened
- Wimbledon 2013: Sabine Lisicki battles through to first grand slam final with victory over Agnieszka Radwanska
- Wimbledon 2013: Passionate Centre Court crowd can roar me into the final on Sunday, says Andy Murray
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray wary of quarter-final banana skin against Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Marion Bartoli powers into final with straight sets victory over Kirsten Flipkens
- Nick Bollettieri's Wimbledon files: Smiling Sabine's big guns should make it a blast
- James Lawton: Novak Djokovic faces the big question - can he get any better?
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray is pushed to the very limit by big-hitter Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Juan Martin del Potro recovers from fall to crush David Ferrer in quarter-final match
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray set for support from Sir Alex Ferguson, Roy Hodgson, Stuart Lancaster and Nemanja Vidic...
- Wimbledon 2013: 'I don't think Roger Federer's going to win any more majors,' says John McEnroe
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray calls in outsider from fishing village for left-field job against Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray will be 'recovered by tomorrow' following five-set epic
- Wimbledon 2013: Kyle Edmund warns Andy Murray he faces a battle to beat Jerzy Janowicz
- Wimbledon 2013: Celebrity spotting in SW19
- Wimbledon 2013: Not your typical leading lady, finalist Marion Bartoli is proving a great attraction
- Wimbledon 2013: Britain's Kyle Edmund survives tough test to reach boys' singles semi-finals
- Wimbledon 2013: Odds on Women semi-finalists reaching last four was 33,379-1
- Wimbledon 2013: Order of play for Thursday 4 July
- Wimbledon 2013: All our yesterdays as Andy Murray reprises the Tim Henman years with five-set thriller
- Wimbledon 2013: Jerzy Janowicz's huge serve is big threat for Andy Murray in semi-final
- Wimbledon 2013: More like Glastonbury than Murray Mound after Andy Murray progresses to semi-final over five sets
- Wimbledon 2013: Marion Bartoli bustles in with a jump, skip and a shuffle aptly defies convention
- Wimbledon 2013: No room for Jonny O'Mara in the Kyle Edmund show
- Wimbledon2013: It’s the ladies semi-final countdown
- Wimbledon 2013: Jerzy Janowicz overpowers compatriot Lukasz Kubot in battle of the Poles
- Wimbledon 2013: Novak Djokovic continues serene progress with straight sets win over Tomas Berdych
- Wimbledon 2013: Anticipation builds on Murray Mound as Andy prepares to take on Fernando Verdasco
- Wimbledon 2013: Order of play for Wednesday 3 July
- Wimbledon 2013: Defeat to Tomas Berdych spurred me on to become World No 1, says Novak Djokovic
- SW19 Diary: Fergie still quick off the mark
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Dell hints at a move into wearable tech
- Twitter offers automatic translation for high profile Egyptian accounts
- Massive Android flaw leaves 99% of devices vulnerable
- Yahoo keeps the tab open, buys email organizing app Xobni
- Samsung acquires streaming-media startup Boxee for a smart TV push
- Why isn't there an Asian Google?
- Titanfall makes clean sweep of E3's Game Critics Awards - wins 6 prizes
- Microsoft shows off 3D touchscreen that 'touches' back
- Real 'Watch Dogs': Ubisoft hacked as millions of users exposed
- Yahoo's buys iPhone video app Qwiki for a reported $50m
- New contact lenses offer 2.8x optical zoom
- EE announces double speed networks of up to 150Mbps
- Ofcom proposes changes to superfast broadband to promote competition
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Alarm as numbers plummet for part-time students registering for university courses
- If you want to be employed after uni, study music...
- Controversy as EDL leader asked to speak at Oxford Union
- Only seven UK universities make the world top 100
- Great class divide hits universities: Social chasm still exists between state and private school pupils
British Muslim leaders outraged after Eric Pickles says followers of Islam should 'prove their identity'
UK terror fears: My jihadist son returned from Syria mentally scarred – now he is being ignored
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
Billy Crystal: 'Stop shoving gay sex scenes in my face'
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 Mother of newborn Baby No 59 trapped in sewer pipe told Chinese police she 'heard crying' when she raised alarm
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy