Day In a Page
Wednesday, 31 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Fewer resources, greater stress, more disasters: Climate change linked to violence among people and societies
- Problems with your partner's sleep patterns? How the night owl and early bird can get into sync
- Scientists grow an ear from living tissue
- Cancer treatment breakthrough? Scientists reveal hope for protecting patients from radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Astronaut Karen Nyberg follows in the footsteps of Chris Hadfield with Twitter pictures from space
- Hyper cam captures stunning image of Andromeda
- Ilya Segalovich: Computer pioneer whose internet search company predated Google
- Wendy Woods: Activist who with her husband, Donald, struggled against apartheid
- Lord Chitnis of Ryedale: Liberal Party stalwart who went on to head the Joseph Rowntree Trust
- William Mysterious: Bassist with punk rockers the Rezillos
- Colonel Bud Day: Soldier who was held prisoner by the Vietcong for over five years
- Berthold Beitz: Industrialist who saved hundreds of Jews from the Nazis
- Henri Alleg: Journalist who fought for Algerian independence
- Phil Woosnam: Footballer who became a pioneer for soccer in the US
- Harry Byrd, Jr: US senator who fought against desegregation
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lewisham hospital will stay open - but only the lawyers have true cause to celebrate
- Helen Grant: It would be a mistake to rush legislation on caste discrimination
- David Cameron's G8 playlist choices, deciphered
- The Grace Dent Guide to Happiness
- Pope Francis puts people first and dogma second. Is this really the new face of Catholicism?
- The Conservatives do have a 'northern problem' and Lord Howell has just summed it up
- For Americans, there's magic in our monarchy
- Don't announce your retirement, Richard Curtis - it's far better to fade to black
- Who will stop One Direction fans from threatening GQ staff?
- Mark Carney has been welcomed in the UK, so why won't Canada welcome British immigrants?
- No, I'm not on Twitter. Is that a problem?
- All publicity is good publicity, except where GQ and One Direction fans are concerned
- Lessons from the tortured life of Daniel Pelka
- Behold the mythical 'Anti-Feminist'!
- Thatcher and Reagan may have seemed like equals. His invasion of Grenada shows they were not
- WW1: Let us remember - whether enemy or friend
- Without ‘Zoo’ magazine, how would anyone know I'm a sex object?
- If all our politicians play it safe, who’ll be a Tony Benn 30 years from now?
- One thing Ryanair got right - charging extra for needless hand luggage
- Simon Cowell is having a baby with the wife of a close friend - but he remains as inscrutable as ever
- Don’t knock Ryanair – it’s created a revolution in air travel that we should all be celebrating
- 5:2 is just the latest: Britain’s diet industry is worth £2 billion, so why do we buy into it?
- Ladies, Armpits4August is here. So let's take part
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Old Trafford Day One - the best bits
- Ashes 2013: England v Australia 3rd Test – as it happened
- James Lawton: Time for Kevin Pietersen to give his old greatness an airing at new Old Trafford
- The Ashes 2013: England relish chance to wrap up series against Australia early
- James Lawton on the Ashes: Classy Michael Clarke brings Ashes series back from the precipice
- Ashes 2013: Frustrated England toil as Michael Clarke displays class
- The Ashes: Michael Clarke talks to Shane Warne then states - don't laugh but we can win series
- Ashes 2013: England v Australia - top five moments at Old Trafford
- Ashes 2013: Alastair Cook confident Kevin Pietersen will be fit for third Test
- Sacked head coach Mickey Arthur 'reaches settlement' with Cricket Australia
- Ashes 2013: Kevin Pietersen tests the pain barrier to prove his fitness for third Test
- Ashes 2013: The day Australia fought back in the series
- John Townsend: Chris Rogers haunted by Old Trafford ghost but proves he belongs
- Ashes 2013: Controversial umpire decisions of the 2013 series...so far
- Ashes 2013: Third Test, Day One in pictures
- The Ashes: England have backroom bases covered
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Big Bang Theory to get special Star Wars episode with help from Lucasfilm
- 3 Pharrell Williams 'Happy': British Muslims dance to song in video
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is