Day In a Page
Wednesday, 31 July 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Fewer resources, greater stress, more disasters: Climate change linked to violence among people and societies
- Problems with your partner's sleep patterns? How the night owl and early bird can get into sync
- Scientists grow an ear from living tissue
- Cancer treatment breakthrough? Scientists reveal hope for protecting patients from radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Astronaut Karen Nyberg follows in the footsteps of Chris Hadfield with Twitter pictures from space
- Hyper cam captures stunning image of Andromeda
- Ilya Segalovich: Computer pioneer whose internet search company predated Google
- Wendy Woods: Activist who with her husband, Donald, struggled against apartheid
- Colonel Bud Day: Soldier who was held prisoner by the Vietcong for over five years
- William Mysterious: Bassist with punk rockers the Rezillos
- Lord Chitnis of Ryedale: Liberal Party stalwart who went on to head the Joseph Rowntree Trust
- Henri Alleg: Journalist who fought for Algerian independence
- Berthold Beitz: Industrialist who saved hundreds of Jews from the Nazis
- Phil Woosnam: Footballer who became a pioneer for soccer in the US
- Harry Byrd, Jr: US senator who fought against desegregation
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Lewisham hospital will stay open - but only the lawyers have true cause to celebrate
- Helen Grant: It would be a mistake to rush legislation on caste discrimination
- David Cameron's G8 playlist choices, deciphered
- The Grace Dent Guide to Happiness
- Pope Francis puts people first and dogma second. Is this really the new face of Catholicism?
- The Conservatives do have a 'northern problem' and Lord Howell has just summed it up
- For Americans, there's magic in our monarchy
- Don't announce your retirement, Richard Curtis - it's far better to fade to black
- Who will stop One Direction fans from threatening GQ staff?
- Mark Carney has been welcomed in the UK, so why won't Canada welcome British immigrants?
- No, I'm not on Twitter. Is that a problem?
- All publicity is good publicity, except where GQ and One Direction fans are concerned
- Lessons from the tortured life of Daniel Pelka
- Behold the mythical 'Anti-Feminist'!
- Thatcher and Reagan may have seemed like equals. His invasion of Grenada shows they were not
- WW1: Let us remember - whether enemy or friend
- Without ‘Zoo’ magazine, how would anyone know I'm a sex object?
- If all our politicians play it safe, who’ll be a Tony Benn 30 years from now?
- One thing Ryanair got right - charging extra for needless hand luggage
- Simon Cowell is having a baby with the wife of a close friend - but he remains as inscrutable as ever
- Don’t knock Ryanair – it’s created a revolution in air travel that we should all be celebrating
- 5:2 is just the latest: Britain’s diet industry is worth £2 billion, so why do we buy into it?
- Ladies, Armpits4August is here. So let's take part
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Old Trafford Day One - the best bits
- Ashes 2013: England v Australia 3rd Test – as it happened
- James Lawton: Time for Kevin Pietersen to give his old greatness an airing at new Old Trafford
- The Ashes 2013: England relish chance to wrap up series against Australia early
- James Lawton on the Ashes: Classy Michael Clarke brings Ashes series back from the precipice
- Ashes 2013: Frustrated England toil as Michael Clarke displays class
- The Ashes: Michael Clarke talks to Shane Warne then states - don't laugh but we can win series
- Ashes 2013: England v Australia - top five moments at Old Trafford
- Ashes 2013: Alastair Cook confident Kevin Pietersen will be fit for third Test
- Sacked head coach Mickey Arthur 'reaches settlement' with Cricket Australia
- Ashes 2013: Kevin Pietersen tests the pain barrier to prove his fitness for third Test
- Ashes 2013: The day Australia fought back in the series
- John Townsend: Chris Rogers haunted by Old Trafford ghost but proves he belongs
- Ashes 2013: Controversial umpire decisions of the 2013 series...so far
- Ashes 2013: Third Test, Day One in pictures
- The Ashes: England have backroom bases covered
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Black Friday 2014: Opening hours for John Lewis, Asda, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 4 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'