Day In a Page
Monday, 12 August 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Light at the end of the tunnel for scientists studying near-death experiences
- Religious people are less intelligent than atheists, according to analysis of scores of scientific studies stretching back over decades
- Scientists accidentally make ‘impossible material’ Upsalite - the world’s most efficient water absorber
- Nasa takes a fresh look at in-flight food for Mars astronauts
- It all started with a bang, but the universe may not be expanding after all
- Team of scientists create cloned glow-in-the-dark rabbits
- George Mitchell: Fracking pioneer and philanthropist
- Eydie Gormé: Singer who formed a formidable pop partnership with her husband, Steve Lawrence
- Sheila Whitaker: Influential programmer who expanded the reach of the London Film Festival
- Prince Johan Friso obituary: Popular royal who ceded his place in line to the Dutch throne
- Laszlo Csatáry: Nazi war-crimes suspect, tracked down after 60 years of obscurity
- Colin McAdam: Fearless striker for Rangers
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Gig prices: There might be rich punters up in First Class, but it still looks like the Titanic
- Prince Charles’s cosy chats with ministers? Just a bit of therapy
- John Kerry's Middle East 'talks': Peace is not made through pantomime
- Robert Fisk: Any other ‘statesman’ who negotiated peace like John Kerry would be treated as a thief
- From Laszlo Csatary to Whitey Bulger: Nasty old men don’t deserve a break just because they’re old
- Economic Studies: Until inflation eases off, the downturn will not feel like it is over
- Kids don’t need pills, they need parenting
- We don't all have a stage, Steven Berkoff. Twitter will have to do
- Museums: What is it that keeps us coming back?
- Atheists are more intelligent than religious people? That's ‘sciencism’ at its worst
- A US-Russia freeze isn't in the interests of Putin - or the West
- Fracking: American dream, Chinese pipe-dream, global nightmare
- On foreign aid, the Coalition is a shambles
- The lesson? Britain cannot afford to ignore this crisis
- Life on Marsden: She thought I was interesting. I had to let her know she was wrong
- Will bikes ever truly belong on Britain’s roads?
- Sorry, Chris Bryant - but who was it who wanted these Polish workers in the first place?
- Don’t diss my ‘first-world’ problems. It's just rude
- If you ask me...Bongo-Bongo Land should send cash to the UK, not the other way round!
- Cameron the taxi-driver: ready for an earful?
- John - It's out of fashion, but that suits me fine
- Mo-ving in the right direction on Somalia
- Should we call time on the UN's peacekeeping mission in Darfur?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: Travellers' Tales
- Lose the Lads Mags: It's not about the nudity
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashes 2013: Stuart Broad leads England's procession into wonderland
- Ashes 2013: Alastair Cook asked us to spice things up, reveals Stuart Broad
- Ashes 2013: England v Australia fourth Test - player ratings
- Ashes 2013: Fourth Test, day four in pictures
- Women's Ashes: Heather Knight in control as England fight back
- The Light Roller: With more fireworks than Geoff Boycott and Katy Perry, this was a Test to savour
- Ashes 2013: The media reaction in Australia after England win the series
- John Townsend on The Ashes 2013: Chris Rogers shows grit and guts as Australia suffer again
- Women’s Ashes: Brave Heather Knight rides to the rescue for England
- Ashes 2013: Fourth Test day four - as it happened
- Nine Bangladesh cricketers charged with match-fixing
- Ashes 2013 corner: Stuart Broad produces beauty to Michael Clarke
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 2 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 3 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 4 The bubble bursts for Sodastream
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it