Day In a Page
Tuesday, 10 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Breakthrough with stem cells could 'end need for transplants'
- Old-fashioned plimsolls with flat soles are better for kids' feet
- What's the difference between a Szechuan pepper and a vibrator?
- Woolly mammoths became extinct because of climate change – not hunting
- 200,000 apply for one-way mission to colonise Mars - but only four can become the first human settlers of the Red Planet
- Lewis Morley: Photographer whose work captured the essence of the Swinging Sixties
- Sakar Khan: Musician who worked with Shankar, Menuhin and Harrison
- Saul Landau: Politically committed film-maker
- Cedar Walton: Pianist and bandleader who played with Coltrane
- Mark Sutton: Stuntman and former Gurkha who parachuted into the Olympic Stadium
- Claus Jacobi: Editor jailed during the 'Spiegel' affair
- Sir Paul Scoon: The Queen's Governor-General during the American invasion of Grenada
- Judith Daniels: Trailblazing journalist
- Professor Sir Michael Stoker: Towering figure in cancer research
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Me and the new iPhone: just what my fingers have been waiting for
- Let's open our borders to Syria's refugees
- One health check, two locations, no doctor. Who really benefits?
- The Michael Le Vell verdict is in, but all the lessons are still to learn
- David Attenborough on large families: A wolf in safari clothing?
- Why Obama was right to call chemical weapons a ‘red line’
- Yom Kippur: Why I'll be fasting and reflecting for the first time since I was 13
- Why on earth has the UN stuck its neck into the bedroom tax?
- Why are the supermarkets keeping so schtum about the badger cull?
- India's bus rape verdict: Nothing will really change until patriarchal attitudes do
- Five years on, are we finally recovering from Lehmans?
- Once the West set out to conquer the world. Those days have gone for ever
- Letters: Highs and lows of work at BBC
- The EastEnders Expansion: Are Glasgow’s mockney children disloyal or just culturally immersed?
- Ed Balls is still shouting. But who’s still listening?
- Arctic Monkeys are an internet age band with a cross-generational appeal
- Cameron is at a turning point on climate change
- More female police officers are needed to end violence against women in Afghanistan
- The Delhi bus gang-rape conviction is not the only example of lax cultural attitudes to sexual violence
- Deficit of Trust: The BBC’s system of governance must change
- Credit crunch: Technology problems must not be allowed to undermine sensible welfare reforms
- Playing it safe will not regain the initiative, Miliband
- Russia’s call to put Syria’s chemical weapons beyond reach deserves serious consideration
- Donald Macintyre's Sketch: Up close and personal: Evans’ resignation speech was tough on everyone
- No summer love-in for Ed Miliband as the union dinosaurs bite back
- Rhodri Marsden: Haircuts, a range of idiots, and why I miss Phil the barber
- Fukushima plant could remain a hazard for at least 30 years
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Gangster politics' row in UCI race between Pat McQuaid and Brian Cookson
- Chris Froome and Sir Bradley Wiggins named in Great Britain squad for UCI Road World Championships
- Bauke Mollema edges out Sky man Edvald Boasson Hagen on 17th stage of Vuelta a Espana
- Tour of Spain: Helicopter rides back to hotel 'unfair,' says Alejandro Valverde
- England v Australia 3rd ODI - as it happened
- Matthew Hoggard retires: He took 248 wickets – and hit one amazing four
- Ashley Giles calls his mate Michael Vaughan 'harsh' for dig at selection
- England v Australia: Third ODI washed out
- Matthew Hoggard to retire from cricket at the end of the season
- England v Australia: Third ODI in pictures
- The Light Roller: This one-day series needs some sparkle
- County Championship round-up: Durham make slow progress as Brown punishes Yorkshire
- Michael Lumb guides Nottinghamshire to Yorkshire Bank 40 final
- Team Lotus confirm Kimi Raikkonen departure to Ferrari with bizarre 'rabbit sex' tweet
- F1: Felipe Massa announces Ferrari exit on Twitter, paving way for Kimi Raikkonen return
- Murray Walker exclusive interview: Kimi Raikkonen return to Ferrari could be a 'shot in the arm for F1'
- F1: Ferrari confirm Kimi Raikkonen will replace Felipe Massa from 2014
- Ferrari president Luca Di Montezemolo confirms decision over Kimi Raikkonen return will be made in 'the next few days'
- BT Sport Life's A Pitch exclusive: Murray Walker answers Independent readers' questions
- F1: I'm leaving Ferrari, tweets Felipe Massa
- US Open 2013: Rafael Nadal caps extraordinary comeback with victory over Novak Djokovic to claim 13th Grand Slam
- Greatest hit by a member of Fab Four: Rafa Nadal's US Open win has to go down as the finest feat of a golden era
- Rafael Nadal backed to win more Grand Slam titles than Roger Federer
- Andy Murray seeks to earn it like Beckham with Simon Fuller deal
- Poll: Who will win more Grand Slam titles - Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer?
- US Open 2013: Novak Djokovic fears Rafael Nadal will replace him as world number one
- US Open 2013: Rafael Nadal says victory over Novak Djokovic completes 'most emotional season'
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Grab a vodka and calm down': Accommodation meltdown as York freshers are forced off-campus
- Oxford Union cancels EDL founder invitation due to 'security' costs
- UK universities: If you want to party, study in the north
- Birmingham college bans the burka
- Bo Guagua: The student playboy whose lavish lifestyle could be his downfall - as father Bo Xilai faces prosecution
- So why is MIT number one in the world university rankings?
- Revealed: Record as six UK universities are in world's best
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has