Day In a Page
Wednesday, 11 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Video: Guinness World Record - The smallest car in the world
- Video: Guinness World Record - The tallest motorbike in the world
- Video: Guinness World Records - The world's smallest dog
- Video: Guinness World Records - Record breaking skateboarding goat
- Video: Guinness World Records - 100 metre high heel record broken
- Guinness World Records unveils its weirdest entries yet
- Postcard from...Rome
- Postcard from... Beijing
- Stephen Hawking's on the team - but why no Bruce Willis? World’s biggest brains get together to work out how to save us all from the end of the world
- 'Boldly going where no probe has gone before': Nasa confirms Voyager 1 has left the solar system
- Strain of HIV virus found in monkeys is cleared by vaccine
- Breakthrough with stem cells could 'end need for transplants'
- Old-fashioned plimsolls with flat soles are better for kids' feet
- What's the difference between a Szechuan pepper and a vibrator?
- Woolly mammoths became extinct because of climate change – not hunting
- Haji: Russ Meyer stalwart best known for her starring role in 'Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!'
- Lewis Morley: Photographer whose work captured the essence of the Swinging Sixties
- John Billingham: Scientist who searched for extra-terrestrial intelligence
- Bagui Bouga: Master of the 'nomadic blues'
- Sakar Khan: Musician who worked with Shankar, Menuhin and Harrison
- Saul Landau: Politically committed film-maker
- Cedar Walton: Pianist and bandleader who played with Coltrane
- Mark Sutton: Stuntman and former Gurkha who parachuted into the Olympic Stadium
- Claus Jacobi: Editor jailed during the 'Spiegel' affair
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Take note, Ed Miliband: Starting a fight doesn’t make you strong
- Take your time on Hillsborough. No, really
- Pope Francis - a religious leader with a message of tolerance? Well, fancy that!
- Angela Merkel and the myth of charismatic leadership
- JK Rowling is milking the Harry Potter franchise with a spin-off film, but why shouldn’t she?
- Meet Abdulrahim Elmi, a Somaliland Dickens hero who personifies his new nation
- It's not "left-wing campaigners" who are defending judicial review. It's anyone who cares about justice
- Five years on from the financial crisis, will political instability continue into the post-crisis world?
- You can tell who people vote for just by looking at their shopping bags
- Nigel Evans should have kept his job - and the taxpayer should have kept that £9,000
- People don't visit food banks because they're ‘unable to manage their finances’, Mr Gove
- Alastair Campbell? I hated his message, but I was always fond of the messenger
- Me and the new iPhone: just what my fingers have been waiting for
- Let's open our borders to Syria's refugees
- One health check, two locations, no doctor. Who really benefits?
- The Michael Le Vell verdict is in, but all the lessons are still to learn
- David Attenborough on large families: A wolf in safari clothing?
- Why Obama was right to call chemical weapons a ‘red line’
- Yom Kippur: Why I'll be fasting and reflecting for the first time since I was 13
- Why on earth has the UN stuck its neck into the bedroom tax?
- Why are the supermarkets keeping so schtum about the badger cull?
- The party of labour needs to put work at the centre of its welfare reforms
- There is another housing bubble… it is high-rise and lacks proper amenities
- Donald Macintyre's Sketch: Up close and personal: Evans’ resignation speech was tough on everyone
- No summer love-in for Ed Miliband as the union dinosaurs bite back
- Donald Macintyre's Sketch: A stamp of approval from the silver-tongued salesman
- Fukushima plant could remain a hazard for at least 30 years
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England v Australia 3rd ODI - as it happened
- Matthew Hoggard retires: He took 248 wickets – and hit one amazing four
- Tony Palladino strikes at the death to renew Derbyshire hopes
- England v Australia: Third ODI washed out
- Matthew Hoggard to retire from cricket at the end of the season
- England v Australia: Third ODI in pictures
- County Championship round-up: Luis Reece extends run of consecutive half-centuries to seven
- County Championship round-up: Durham make slow progress as Brown punishes Yorkshire
- Team Lotus confirm Kimi Raikkonen departure to Ferrari with bizarre 'rabbit sex' tweet
- F1: Felipe Massa announces Ferrari exit on Twitter, paving way for Kimi Raikkonen return
- Lotus in talks over new driver to replace Kimi Raikkonen
- Murray Walker exclusive interview: Kimi Raikkonen return to Ferrari could be a 'shot in the arm for F1'
- F1: Ferrari confirm Kimi Raikkonen will replace Felipe Massa from 2014
- Kimi Raikkonen 'will help' Fernando Alonso at Ferrari next season, says team principal
- Davis Cup: Team spirit a welcome distraction for Andy Murray
- 'Players need clarity in Marin Cilic drug-test case,' says Andy Murray
- Rafael Nadal evolved, tweaked and modified his game to complete one of the greatest comebacks
- Andy Murray to face Croatian teenage in David Cup
- Rafael Nadal backed to win more Grand Slam titles than Roger Federer
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- David Cameron backs college's decision to ban Muslim veils
- University of Edinburgh bans Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines' from playing on campus
- Mature students put off by 'serious and damaging' effects of the fee hike
- 'Grab a vodka and calm down': Accommodation meltdown as York freshers are forced off-campus
- Oxford Union cancels EDL founder invitation due to 'security' costs
- UK universities: If you want to party, study in the north
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'
- 1 The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
- 2 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 3 Andy Murray takes to Twitter to show off his Christmas jumper
- 4 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 5 Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'