Day In a Page
Thursday, 12 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Video: Guinness World Records - The smallest woman in the world
- Video: Guinness World Record - The smallest car in the world
- Video: Guinness World Record - The tallest motorbike in the world
- Video: Guinness World Records - The world's smallest dog
- Video: Guinness World Records - Record breaking skateboarding goat
- Video: Guinness World Records - 100 metre high heel record broken
- Guinness World Records unveils its weirdest entries yet
- Postcard from... Brussels
- Postcard from...Rome
- Stephen Hawking's on the team - but why no Bruce Willis? World’s biggest brains get together to work out how to save us all from the end of the world
- Voyager 1 has left the solar system, but what message is it carrying to the stars?
- Cheaters DO prosper according to new study
- And the winners aren't... Ig Nobel prize 'celebrates' silly science - from penis amputation research to star-gazing dung beetles and walking on water
- Revealed: The cure for hangovers (sadly it's called middle age)
- Jurassic Park theory disproved by scientists who rule dinosaur DNA cannot survive in amber
- 'Boldly going where no probe has gone before': Nasa confirms Voyager 1 has left the solar system
- Strain of HIV virus found in monkeys is cleared by vaccine
- Haji: Russ Meyer stalwart best known for her starring role in 'Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!'
- Terry Clawson: Rugby league hard man who won the 1972 World Cup
- Ray Dolby obituary: Inventor whose noise-reduction technology transformed sound reproduction
- John Billingham: Scientist who searched for extra-terrestrial intelligence
- Bagui Bouga: Master of the 'nomadic blues'
- Robert R Taylor: Businessman who put soap into bottles
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Take note, Ed Miliband: Starting a fight doesn’t make you strong
- I admit it. I bought a book online from Amazon – but I didn’t enjoy it
- Planning, not rifles, is what the Syrian rebels say they need from the fickle US
- Turn Twitter into a business? It always has been
- I’ve left my working-class roots behind. So why does Radio 4 still annoy me?
- A Westminster Life: Why is it so hard to like Lib Dems? Is it the sanctimony, or the hypocrisy?
- Tales from the Water Cooler: My theory about TV censorship
- Man about Town: The grand opening...of an oyster shell
- I’ll take Obama (and Hector) over the utopists and dreamers who’d have us in or out of Syria
- Errors and Omissions: When a manner of speaking isn’t a manner of writing
- This week's big questions: Who runs Labour? Why are so many MPs ‘boring snoring’?
- There is another housing bubble…it is high-rise and lacks proper amenities
- Why the Miley Cyrus transformation to Wrecking Ball level should be celebrated
- Grow up Edinburgh University, sexism won't end because you banned Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines'
- Tim Key: "Daniel Kitson knows what he wants. And he’ll physically smash my hands to pieces to get it."
- Jelly, butters, derp: Do you understand the language kids use online?
- The UN's statistics on sexual violence are shocking, but they also point the way for change
- Save The Children in Syria: "Unfortunately we often see children dying; we rarely see them targeted"
- Will lightning strike twice for Harry Potter and the spin-off film?
- What happened to tipping just because the service was particularly good?
- This Fashion Week, turn your back on fur
- Arctic Monkeys on Newsnight: Pop needn't play second fiddle when it comes to headline news
- Take your time on Hillsborough. No, really
- Pope Francis - a religious leader with a message of tolerance? Well, fancy that!
- Angela Merkel and the myth of charismatic leadership
- JK Rowling is milking the Harry Potter franchise with a spin-off film, but why shouldn’t she?
- Meet Abdulrahim Elmi, a Somaliland Dickens hero who personifies his new nation
- It's not "left-wing campaigners" who are defending judicial review. It's anyone who cares about justice
- Five years on from the financial crisis, will political instability continue into the post-crisis world?
- You can tell who people vote for just by looking at their shopping bags
- Nigel Evans should have kept his job - and the taxpayer should have kept that £9,000
- People don't visit food banks because they're ‘unable to manage their finances’, Mr Gove
- Alastair Campbell? I hated his message, but I was always fond of the messenger
- Is it a boy or a large amount of cocaine? Nine of the most bizarre drug-smuggling techniques
- Quiz: Are you down with the kids?
- The four men guilty of Delhi gang rape have been sentenced to death. Do you agree with the ruling?
- 5 Epic Twitter Fails: Ian Katz certainly isn't alone
- Steve Richards in conversation with...Vince Cable
- These clothing giants are shamefully ducking their responsibilities in Bangladesh
- Sound and Fury: Talk of regicide at the Lib Dem conference signifies nothing
- Boldly Going: Voyager 1 gives new meaning to ‘getting away from it all’
- Tests for four-year-olds are counter-productive
- The sell-off of Royal Mail makes business sense but is fraught with political risk
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Simon Read: Polymer bank notes could prove to be plastic fantastic
- Mark Dampier: Dividend twist adds spice to VCT tax tick
- Simon Read: Ban teaser savings rates and repay our lost interest, please
- Money Insider: It's easier to switch banks - but which one is best?
- Five questions about: Royal Mail share sale
- Will Tokyo's 2020 Olympics kick-start Japan's economy?
- Money alert: Gyms agree to end their restrictive cancellation rights on contracts
- Derek Pain: Patience is a virtue, whether prices are flying or falling
- Questions of Cash: France Telecom calls were billed by mystery company
- Bargain Hunter: Free biscuits? You'd be crackers to miss out!
- Donald MacInnes: Austria takes its toll on the ignorant driver
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
- 3 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London