Day In a Page
Tuesday, 24 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Harry Goodwin: Photographer acclaimed for his pictures of the stars of the 1960s and '70s
- Patsy Swayze: Choreographer who worked on the films 'Thelma and Louise' and 'Urban Cowboy'
- Ferguson Smith: War hero who became a Special Branch spy catcher
- Professor Kofi Awoonor: Poet and novelist whose work fused the traditional and the modern
- Alvaro Mutis: Award-winning poet, essayist and novelist
- Peter Kay: Counsellor who worked with Tony Adams at the Sporting Chance Clinic
- Oscar Espinosa Chepe: Dissident economist jailed by Fidel Castro
- Carolyn Cassady: 'Camille' in Kerouac's novel 'On The Road'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The tale of two 007s: would Daniel Day-Lewis be a good Bond?
- Hoping for the best about climate change just isn’t good enough
- CBeebies past 7pm? For all our sakes, the BBC should keep this watershed
- If even Merkel attracts ‘black widow spider’ sexism, what hope is there for the rest of us?
- It is not for Ed Miliband to get involved with Everyday Sexism and No More Page Three
- The widespread demand for local journalism remains undiminished
- Inside Westminster: A good speech, but what about the economy, Ed?
- There are huge pressures on the energy industry already. Freezing bills could put Britain in the dark
- After Edward Snowden's revelations about the NSA, what is the EU doing to ensure our online privacy?
- The immersive world that games like GTA 5 offer is the appeal, not the violence
- Was the White Widow in Westgate mall? The evidence is scant
- The real culprits in the ‘Yid’ debate are opposition supporters singing anti-semitic chants at Spurs fans
- Somali remittances: It's about justice, not charity
- From nuclear weapons to Syria, Obama needs Hassan Rouhani on side
- India's parody rape ‘it's your fault’ video sends a message to us all about the ways victims are blamed
- Great speech Ed, but completely unnecessary
- Don’t be fooled by this crumb of hope for the sparrow
- BlackBerry’s fall is a symptom of technology’s new world order
- Thank God Breaking Bad is over: Now I can get my life back
- The HS2 shambles reveals how our politics can’t cope with planning
- It's money that led McBride to the Daily Mail. But at what price?
- Social media 'experts' don't want you to read this
- How nets save lives: UK pledges £1bn to battle Malaria and other preventable diseases
- InRealLife gives a perverse account of how digital technologies are changing the lives of teenagers
- Sexual education is a basic right, Gove. So let's stop thinking of it as a fruity optional extra
- Violence and women in Brazil: What happens indoors stays indoors
- Third of Brits don't know who wrote Great Expectations - can you name the authors of these classics?
- Mac Story: Spare a thought for the obsolete Apple products
- British people prefer a tidy home to sex, says poll
- Ed Balls in conversation with Steve Richards: The highlights
- What is Horse_Ebooks? Twitter devastated at news popular spambot was human after all
- We followed Ed Miliband's speech on Twitter so you didn't have to
- Sex Box: Sex on TV? The 5 most transgressive broadcasts in history
- Who is the White Widow, Samantha Lewthwaite? 10 things we know
- Syrian immorality tales: Two men in the conflict who didn’t deserve their fate
- Birth of a leader: Ed Miliband boldly fleshes out policy vision in Labour Party conference speech
- Donald Macintyre's Sketch: Macho Miliband gets scary - he’s the Terminator, with the eyes of Ken Dodd
- Ed Miliband’s conference speech played well in the hall… and Conservative party HQ
- Rhodri Marsden: The perplexing geniality of our friends Down Under
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The untried trio of Gary Ballance, Ben Stokes and Boyd Rankin called into England's Ashes battle
- The Light Roller: England's Ashes selections confuse recent precedent with considered history
- The Ashes: Stuart Broad expects Australia to try and unsettle England verbally
- The Ashes: Kevin Pietersen fires back at Australia coach Darren Lehmann after 'dour' crack at England
- Jos Buttler in talks to join Lancashire
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook maps 1.11 billion friendships to show off social network's global reach
- Video: Boeing tests pilotless F-16 fighter jet
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 phablet and Galaxy Gear smartwatch in UK for £599 and £299
- iPad mini 2: Leaks start with an alleged 'space grey' case
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 and also announces plans for smartphone with 'curved display'
- Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2: Microsoft refreshes its hybrid tablet/laptop range
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- University entry figures settle down after entry fees blip
- Edinburgh student society apologises for golliwog poster
- £100m investment boost for Warwick University
- UK has ‘too many’ universities, says business chief
- Students worth '£82bn' to UK economy
- Over 1m Facebook 'likes' for Oxford University
- The backlash against the backlash? St Andrews is the first university to vote to keep 'Blurred Lines'
- University acceptances on the rise
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more