Day In a Page
Wednesday, 25 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Scientists 'bind photons together' to create new state of matter comparable to lightsabers
- The world’s oldest face belongs to this 419 million-year-old fish
- Astronomers discover pulsar undergoing radical transformation
- Awe-inspiring nature shots as Society of Biology unveils shortlist for amateur photography competition 2013
- Professor David Hubel: Nobel laureate who uncovered the secrets of visual perception
- Harry Goodwin: Photographer acclaimed for his pictures of the stars of the 1960s and '70s
- Sushmita Banerjee: Author who was murdered by the Taliban
- Pal Csernai: Title-winning coach of Bayern Munich
- Patsy Swayze: Choreographer who worked on the films 'Thelma and Louise' and 'Urban Cowboy'
- Ferguson Smith: War hero who became a Special Branch spy catcher
- Professor Kofi Awoonor: Poet and novelist whose work fused the traditional and the modern
- Alvaro Mutis: Award-winning poet, essayist and novelist
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A digital eraser for under-18s to delete unfortunate online postings? I want one of those
- Chris Blackhurst: The Michael Spencer I know is utterly disgusted by what his traders got up to
- Old-fashioned diplomacy is back, but it is already out of time
- Ed Miliband is no more 'red' than the Tony Blair that won the 1997 general election
- Short back and sides, sir? And would you like a gin and tonic with that?
- Qatar’s success is tarnished by the near ‘slavery’ of its workers
- Freeze energy prices and cause the Apocalypse
- The UK theatre scene is the last refuge of unnecessary etiquette
- Asda and Tesco's Halloween costumes: Censoring the word ‘mental’ just adds to the stigma
- If it’s not okay to dress as a cancer patient for Halloween, it’s not okay to dress as a mental patient
- More women are in work - but what about the gender pay gap?
- Ed Miliband’s radical reforms will make the energy market work for the many rather than the few
- The tale of two 007s: would Daniel Day-Lewis be a good Bond?
- Hoping for the best about climate change just isn’t good enough
- CBeebies past 7pm? For all our sakes, the BBC should keep this watershed
- If even Merkel attracts ‘black widow spider’ sexism, what hope is there for the rest of us?
- It is not for Ed Miliband to get involved with Everyday Sexism and No More Page Three
- The widespread demand for local journalism remains undiminished
- Inside Westminster: A good speech, but what about the economy, Ed?
- There are huge pressures on the energy industry already. Freezing bills could put Britain in the dark
- After Edward Snowden's revelations about the NSA, what is the EU doing to ensure our online privacy?
- The immersive world that games like GTA 5 offer is the appeal, not the violence
- Was the White Widow in Westgate mall? The evidence is scant
- The real culprits in the ‘Yid’ debate are opposition supporters singing anti-semitic chants at Spurs fans
- Somali remittances: It's about justice, not charity
- From nuclear weapons to Syria, Obama needs Hassan Rouhani on side
- India's parody rape ‘it's your fault’ video sends a message to us all about the ways victims are blamed
- The Independent shortlisted in 2013 Comment Awards
- Prime Minister congratulates Ben Ainslie on winning the global race (for America)
- 6 animals that act like humans
- That's a wrap! Twitter's 300 feminist sandwiches nails worst boyfriend on the Internet
- Third of Brits don't know who wrote Great Expectations - can you name the authors of these classics?
- Mac Story: Spare a thought for the obsolete Apple products
- British people prefer a tidy home to sex, says poll
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook maps 1.11 billion friendships to show off social network's global reach
- Video: Boeing tests pilotless F-16 fighter jet
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 phablet and Galaxy Gear smartwatch in UK for £599 and £299
- iPad mini 2: Leaks start with an alleged 'space grey' case
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 and also announces plans for smartphone with 'curved display'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands