Day In a Page
Wednesday, 25 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Scientists 'bind photons together' to create new state of matter comparable to lightsabers
- The world’s oldest face belongs to this 419 million-year-old fish
- Astronomers discover pulsar undergoing radical transformation
- Awe-inspiring nature shots as Society of Biology unveils shortlist for amateur photography competition 2013
- Professor David Hubel: Nobel laureate who uncovered the secrets of visual perception
- Harry Goodwin: Photographer acclaimed for his pictures of the stars of the 1960s and '70s
- Pal Csernai: Title-winning coach of Bayern Munich
- Sushmita Banerjee: Author who was murdered by the Taliban
- Ferguson Smith: War hero who became a Special Branch spy catcher
- Patsy Swayze: Choreographer who worked on the films 'Thelma and Louise' and 'Urban Cowboy'
- Professor Kofi Awoonor: Poet and novelist whose work fused the traditional and the modern
- Alvaro Mutis: Award-winning poet, essayist and novelist
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A digital eraser for under-18s to delete unfortunate online postings? I want one of those
- Chris Blackhurst: The Michael Spencer I know is utterly disgusted by what his traders got up to
- Old-fashioned diplomacy is back, but it is already out of time
- Ed Miliband is no more 'red' than the Tony Blair that won the 1997 general election
- Short back and sides, sir? And would you like a gin and tonic with that?
- Qatar’s success is tarnished by the near ‘slavery’ of its workers
- Freeze energy prices and cause the Apocalypse
- The UK theatre scene is the last refuge of unnecessary etiquette
- Asda and Tesco's Halloween costumes: Censoring the word ‘mental’ just adds to the stigma
- If it’s not okay to dress as a cancer patient for Halloween, it’s not okay to dress as a mental patient
- More women are in work - but what about the gender pay gap?
- Ed Miliband’s radical reforms will make the energy market work for the many rather than the few
- The tale of two 007s: would Daniel Day-Lewis be a good Bond?
- Hoping for the best about climate change just isn’t good enough
- CBeebies past 7pm? For all our sakes, the BBC should keep this watershed
- If even Merkel attracts ‘black widow spider’ sexism, what hope is there for the rest of us?
- It is not for Ed Miliband to get involved with Everyday Sexism and No More Page Three
- The widespread demand for local journalism remains undiminished
- Inside Westminster: A good speech, but what about the economy, Ed?
- There are huge pressures on the energy industry already. Freezing bills could put Britain in the dark
- The immersive world that games like GTA 5 offer is the appeal, not the violence
- After Edward Snowden's revelations about the NSA, what is the EU doing to ensure our online privacy?
- Was the White Widow in Westgate mall? The evidence is scant
- The real culprits in the ‘Yid’ debate are opposition supporters singing anti-semitic chants at Spurs fans
- Somali remittances: It's about justice, not charity
- From nuclear weapons to Syria, Obama needs Hassan Rouhani on side
- India's parody rape ‘it's your fault’ video sends a message to us all about the ways victims are blamed
- The Independent shortlisted in 2013 Comment Awards
- Prime Minister congratulates Ben Ainslie on winning the global race (for America)
- 6 animals that act like humans
- That's a wrap! Twitter's 300 feminist sandwiches nails worst boyfriend on the Internet
- Third of Brits don't know who wrote Great Expectations - can you name the authors of these classics?
- Mac Story: Spare a thought for the obsolete Apple products
- British people prefer a tidy home to sex, says poll
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life & Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook maps 1.11 billion friendships to show off social network's global reach
- Video: Boeing tests pilotless F-16 fighter jet
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 phablet and Galaxy Gear smartwatch in UK for £599 and £299
- iPad mini 2: Leaks start with an alleged 'space grey' case
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 and also announces plans for smartphone with 'curved display'
Arts & Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
- 3 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off