Day In a Page
Wednesday, 25 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Scientists 'bind photons together' to create new state of matter comparable to lightsabers
- The world’s oldest face belongs to this 419 million-year-old fish
- Astronomers discover pulsar undergoing radical transformation
- Awe-inspiring nature shots as Society of Biology unveils shortlist for amateur photography competition 2013
- Professor David Hubel: Nobel laureate who uncovered the secrets of visual perception
- Harry Goodwin: Photographer acclaimed for his pictures of the stars of the 1960s and '70s
- Sushmita Banerjee: Author who was murdered by the Taliban
- Pal Csernai: Title-winning coach of Bayern Munich
- Patsy Swayze: Choreographer who worked on the films 'Thelma and Louise' and 'Urban Cowboy'
- Ferguson Smith: War hero who became a Special Branch spy catcher
- Alvaro Mutis: Award-winning poet, essayist and novelist
- Professor Kofi Awoonor: Poet and novelist whose work fused the traditional and the modern
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- A digital eraser for under-18s to delete unfortunate online postings? I want one of those
- Chris Blackhurst: The Michael Spencer I know is utterly disgusted by what his traders got up to
- Old-fashioned diplomacy is back, but it is already out of time
- Ed Miliband is no more 'red' than the Tony Blair that won the 1997 general election
- Short back and sides, sir? And would you like a gin and tonic with that?
- Qatar’s success is tarnished by the near ‘slavery’ of its workers
- Freeze energy prices and cause the Apocalypse
- The UK theatre scene is the last refuge of unnecessary etiquette
- Asda and Tesco's Halloween costumes: Censoring the word ‘mental’ just adds to the stigma
- If it’s not okay to dress as a cancer patient for Halloween, it’s not okay to dress as a mental patient
- More women are in work - but what about the gender pay gap?
- Ed Miliband’s radical reforms will make the energy market work for the many rather than the few
- The tale of two 007s: would Daniel Day-Lewis be a good Bond?
- Hoping for the best about climate change just isn’t good enough
- CBeebies past 7pm? For all our sakes, the BBC should keep this watershed
- If even Merkel attracts ‘black widow spider’ sexism, what hope is there for the rest of us?
- It is not for Ed Miliband to get involved with Everyday Sexism and No More Page Three
- The widespread demand for local journalism remains undiminished
- Inside Westminster: A good speech, but what about the economy, Ed?
- There are huge pressures on the energy industry already. Freezing bills could put Britain in the dark
- After Edward Snowden's revelations about the NSA, what is the EU doing to ensure our online privacy?
- The immersive world that games like GTA 5 offer is the appeal, not the violence
- Was the White Widow in Westgate mall? The evidence is scant
- The real culprits in the ‘Yid’ debate are opposition supporters singing anti-semitic chants at Spurs fans
- Somali remittances: It's about justice, not charity
- From nuclear weapons to Syria, Obama needs Hassan Rouhani on side
- India's parody rape ‘it's your fault’ video sends a message to us all about the ways victims are blamed
- The Independent shortlisted in 2013 Comment Awards
- Prime Minister congratulates Ben Ainslie on winning the global race (for America)
- 6 animals that act like humans
- That's a wrap! Twitter's 300 feminist sandwiches nails worst boyfriend on the Internet
- Third of Brits don't know who wrote Great Expectations - can you name the authors of these classics?
- Mac Story: Spare a thought for the obsolete Apple products
- British people prefer a tidy home to sex, says poll
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook maps 1.11 billion friendships to show off social network's global reach
- Video: Boeing tests pilotless F-16 fighter jet
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 phablet and Galaxy Gear smartwatch in UK for £599 and £299
- iPad mini 2: Leaks start with an alleged 'space grey' case
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 and also announces plans for smartphone with 'curved display'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- 1 Green village to be bulldozed and mined for lignite in Germany's quest for non-nuclear fuel
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand