Day In a Page
Thursday, 30 January 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Metal band Skinny Puppy send US government invoice after finding out their music was 'used as torture device in Guantanamo Bay'
- Here's one we won't be seeing at the Sochi Games
- Armed clown hunted by police
- Video: Real life GTA 5 as man fights car, punches thin air and spontaneously sprints before police swoop in
- Mystery of flying snakes may be resolved
- After it was revealed that shamed 'crystal Methodist' Co-op boss Paul Flowers scored top marks, we ask: Does psychometric testing actually work?
- Former Greenpeace leading light condemns them for opposing GM 'golden rice' crop that could save two million children from starvation per year
- It's raining, it's pouring...molten iron: Scientists create first ever weather map of a 'brown dwarf'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Richard Garner: Education conflicts look set to continue
- The anguish of King Lear’s ‘despised old man’ is timeless
- The Big Questions: Is the 50p tax rate a good idea? Do libraries still matter? Is Ukip electable?
- Meredith Kercher murder: The verdict has changed. The evidence has not
- The Knox case reminds us that it isn’t always easy to have confidence in justice systems
- As SodaStream and Scarlett Johansson found out the hard way, many ‘global ambassadors’ are just an accident waiting to happen
- Inside Westminster: Labour’s 50p tax announcement was a needless own goal
- Editor's letter: Your chance to shape the future of this newspaper
- Errors and Omissions: Byzantium deserves a better press than this
- Tales from the Water Cooler: Yet another reason to prefer dogs
- We can no longer protest like Pete Seeger
- Man about town: Man v Food v Obesity
- Winter Olympics 2014: Britain must make clear that it totally opposes Russia’s treatment of LGBT people
- Why the Government must face up to Edward Snowden's growing indictment of state surveillance
- Debate: Should ivory stockpiles be destroyed?
- It's not because I'm short that I feel ‘paranoid and suspicious’, it's because of how people react to my height
- The surprising transformation of Bilawal Bhutto into a leader of Pakistan's anti-Taliban movement
- How should we prepare our children for racism?
- i Editor's Letter: Protecting kids from second-hand smoke
- Hells on wheels: Top Gear is back with more prime-time pranks but I'm nostalgic for the days of non-exploding caravans and practicality
- I'm with the band: 'How I felt the immense power of One Direction - and their devoted fans - after a mix-up on Twitter'
- If his 2015 manifesto is going to feature a load of pledges he can’t stick to, shouldn’t Nick Clegg at least have some fun with it?
- Robert Fisk: If only Tony Blair could grasp the truth about Field Marshal Sisi
- Is masculinity in crisis?
- On the Somerset floods, our inbox tells you all you need to know
- The disturbing parallels between Syria's civil war and Spain in the 1930s
- Remove humans from the equation and self-service shoplifting is the result
- Just because a customer complains doesn't make them right
- Yes, people waste time on Facebook - but that's hardly the most important problem with the site
- How #FindMike helps to break suicide stigma
- Deportation for Justin Bieber? Relax, pop stars are supposed to live on the edge
- Who would favour 45-week school terms? Tory strategists, clearly - but anyone with children ought to think twice
- The tiny house movement: Could you live in a miniature home?
- Why an independent Scotland could become the richest country on Earth
- Homophobia doesn't just oppress gay people, it affects us all
- i Editor's Letter: Our 1,000th edition
- It’s a Google world; but that doesn’t mean the company will be around forever
- David Cameron wants his own way within the European Union. Alas for him, other leaders might call his bluff
- If young men are choosing not to go to university, so be it
- If the environmentalist movement is to stay relevant, it must embrace world-changing technologies like GM
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Andy Flower departs following disastrous Ashes tour for England
- Twenty20 series: England lose latest series after being thrashed by Australia in Melbourne
- Alex Hales: We are making fresh start for World T20
- Twenty20 series: England opener Alex Hales confident of comeback to win three-match series after Hobart defeat
- Women's Ashes 2014: England lose second Twenty20 international
- F1: Bernie Ecclestone in favour of extending double-points scheme to final three races despite negative reaction to new ruling
- F1: Red Bull will overcome difficult testing in Jerez, says Daniel Ricciardo
- F1: Red Bull problems continue during testing after Daniel Ricciardo forced out of car amid smoke
- F1: Jenson Button tops day two testing in Jerez but progress hampered by knee infection
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Watch this amazing supercut of every Oscar winner for Visual Effects since 1977
- Government to introduce approved website 'whitelist' to counter indiscriminate filters
- Map of the Internet 1.0: Explore this beautiful, hand-drawn map of the online world
- The story of @N: Rare Twitter account 'stolen'
- First drone-assisted arrest in America began with a dispute over six cows
- Paper: Facebook's new app curates news stories from old media in 'distraction free' format
- PS Vita Slim UK release date, price revealed: Is this Sony's last handheld console?
- 'Spying Birds': Angry Birds website hacked after GCHQ revelations over 'leaky apps'
- Lenovo jumps to the top table with $2.9bn Motorola purchase from Google
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Three students charged with violent disorder after Birmingham protest, and could face up to eight years in prison
- Henry&Aaron 'stay in school or else you will die a bloody death' video warns students not to skip class
- Women are now a third more likely than men to opt to go to university, according to UCAS application figures
- Aberystwyth University evacuates 600 students following extreme weather reports
- Warwick students break university staff strikes by holding self-run lectures
- Buckinghamshire New University students fight to save furniture degrees from the chop
- Police accused of kettling student protesters at a national demonstration in Birmingham
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more