Day In a Page
Saturday, 1 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Maximilian Schell: Actor who specialised in roles exploring Nazi era and its legacy and won an Oscar for ‘Judgment in Nuremberg’
- Otis Pike: Congressman who used his wit and persistence to shine a light on covert overseas operations by the CIA
- Tony Hateley: Footballer acclaimed for his prowess in the air who was a prolific goalscorer for Bill Shankly’s Liverpool side
- Blas Piñar: Extremist who remained stubbornly loyal to the memory of Franco and strove to prevent the dilution of his legacy
- Professor Sir John Cornforth: Chemist who overcame profound deafness to win the Nobel Prize for his work on enzymes and cholesterol
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Elephant Campaign: The Samburu know the land and its animals better than anyone: ‘The elephant is an elder to us – it is taboo to hurt one’
- Stalemate on Syria's frontlines, but the hatred and horror stories grow by the day
- All aboard the Chattanooga to Pyongyang: VW car-workers' in Tennessee could change the course of unions in America
- Some protest songs need a hammer taking to them
- Prince Charles is right about climate change
- Tory rebels sense the time to pipe down is nigh
- The Great War centenary will push militarism down our throats. Resist the peddlers
- Weakness? What weakness? Jack Straw will be the first to tell you that he's not really bad at anything
- Ukip has done more than any other party to destroy the racist BNP
- It's not right to say there is ‘no evidence’ in the case against Amanda Knox. There's plenty
- Like Sienna Miller, I know how easy it is for ‘I love yous’ to slip out
- As the i paper approaches its 1000th edition, some thoughts on its history
- Emerging-market chaos and the Federal Reserve taper mean this might be as good as it gets for Britain’s economy
- Robert Fisk: Using ‘generic’ illustrations in news stories dishonours the dead and distorts the truth
- Why we should screen immigrants for HIV and hepatitis B
- Claudia Pritchard: We can do without intervals - just get on with the show!
- Dinner for one, who should be Marty, the 'Groupon Effect' and cuddly Jim Davidson
- The Amanda Knox verdict isn't justice for Meredith Kercher. It's a witch-hunt
- By tackling some of Labour’s worst democratic failings, the Miliband reforms finally lay the basis for a democratic politics
- Ditching Diageo's drams is a Scot's duty
- Breaking news: 'Being a Man' sounds like fun
- A better quality of life does not have to cost a thing
- Healthy cities: How can architects and planners get us moving if we ignore warnings from doctors?
- Ya-boo antics in the House, Cameron's signals, northern exposure and art for everyone
- Just one day in, and a gun shatters my Zen calm
- i Editor's Letter: Tell us your thoughts
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashley Giles favourite as Andy Flower quits over split role and awful Ashes
- T20 series: Ashley Giles keen on England team director job but knows he needs wins
- Ashley Giles 'a very strong candidate' to succeed Andy Flower as England team director, says ECB chief
- Twenty20 series: Australia aiming to send England home 'with their tails between their legs' ahead of final match Down Under
- Angus Fraser: We had a run-in but it only led me to respect Andy Flower more
- Sorry end cannot spoil Andy Flower’s monumental successes with England
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Shortage of yellow fever vaccine threatens travel to the tropics - including Brazil
- 'Penis soup is something I'll treasure for ever': Adventurer Simon Reeve reveals the most stomach-churning dishes he's encountered
- Where are the foodies going in 2014?
- Haute cuisine: Why do airlines persist in serving us in-flight meals?
- Juliet Kinsman: Technology makes the world smaller, but isn't that a shame?
- Great getaways: On track with Eurostar to Germany, Turkish delight, spring break to Sicily and Bali break
- Simon Calder: Computer says 'no' to Gatwick passengers
- Travel agenda
- Travel challenge
- My life in travel: Jenna Coleman
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Investors face up to social media
- Julian Knight: Let's make the very most of peer to peer lending
- Savvy Money: Can you vouch for getting the right insurance payout?
- Wealth Check: 'We're saving £1,000 a month so that we can buy our dream home'
- Five questions on: Packaged current accounts
- Richard Troue: Europe's back and you can cash in with a high-quality approach
- Bargain Hunter: Breaking good - download drama and comedy firsts free of charge
- Money Insider: The search to find a better current account
- Donald MacInnes: Peggy Woolley has my admiration after sticking with The Archers for so long
- Money alert: Two million kids living in fuel poverty
- Derek Pain: A takeover bid for struggling SnackTime would be a relief
- Which sector is tempting Isa investors this year?
- Grayson Perry makes merry as Essex villagers save their local store
- Simon Read: Does it matter that banks are slashing their branch networks when saving money could help customers?
- Simon Read: Let's hope the watchdog's clampdown will stop games companies tricking kids
- Questions of Cash: I won't have the money to top up my state pension in such a short time
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has