Day In a Page
Sunday, 16 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- One in four Americans 'don't know the Earth orbits the Sun' and only half believe in evolution
- Scientists find revolutionary ‘biomarker’ for clinical depression in teenage boys
- Scientists warn over coming era of deep sea mining
- Killer starfish are eating the Great Barrier Reef by smothering and digesting its flesh
- Russian satellite Kosmos-1220 'burned up in atmosphere', claims defence ministry official
- Working on the 'God particle' saved my life, says Peter Higgs
- The Sixth Extinction: Earth is on the brink of another massive loss of animal species but this time the calamity isn't an asteroid or ice age...
- Extreme loneliness worse for health than obesity and can lead to an early grave, scientists say
- Russian satellite Kosmos-1220 set to crash to Earth is ‘very real danger’ to populated areas
- UK weather: High anxiety among jet stream watchers
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Are protesters overthrowing a brutal despot, or merely bad losers at the polls?
- Climate change and its risks are not going away, Mr Cameron
- Extreme commuting is a no-life sentence
- Ukip has a sell-by date... and it's May 2015
- Nature Studies: Here’s what you can do about climate change
- Amid mining strife in South Africa, there’s no light at the end of the tunnel for Jacob Zuma
- Nick Clegg may be batting his eyelashes at Labour, but he won't turn a cold shoulder on the Tories
- Forget the Soho House look. I just want to keep up with the Canadians
- It's time for Stephen Fry to hang up his tuxedo as host of the Baftas. But who could replace him?
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: I can't cope with living in cramped conditions
- Between Jordan Horner's ‘free speech’ and a Government crackdown on Islamic extremism, I know which one I'd choose
- Grace Dent: How Prince became a purple pain
- Grace Dent: Stand with me, people of Britain. Say it loud and proud - ‘I watch four hours of rubbish TV a day and I am not ashamed!’
- I am female. I have a regional accent. And I have every right to be a Member of Parliament
- Why we need to teach sexting in schools
- Andrew Adonis: London by bus - day two
- How do we get young people to vote? The solution's simple
- Who are we to judge decisions on funeral arrangements made by the recently bereaved?
- i Editor's Letter: A price increase after a three-and-a-quarter year freeze
- Helen Mirren is right: When did TV violence against women become so acceptably ubiquitous?
- The floods may have finally shocked rightwingers into taking climate change seriously
- Samuel L Jackson’s riposte to the man who mistook him for Laurence Fishburne is priceless
- Is Europe really a safe enough place for my African friend to visit?
- Sky takes up the cultural challenge by investing in British talent and content
- Maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to deride Kristen Stewart’s creative juices
- Proof that politics hasn’t changed
- Civilians are dying. Campaigners are being kidnapped. The world cannot turn a blind eye to America’s drone attacks in Pakistan
- Boris Johnson sides with Cameron in union bashing, but the mayor may decline Dorries’ fervent support
- The Bank of England is wrong to assume that falling unemployment signals rising wages
- Andrew Adonis: London by bus
- Kristen in verse, tea for two, Bob, the character builder and a modern hero in a flap
- Capitol Hill longs for drama in a crisis
- Will the recovery be able to withstand the weather?
- Our beautiful scars, dead-drunk kids and radical porcelain
- A cultural change we once only dreamt of
- Flooding and our craze for paving, at home with the Murdochs and politics and pancakes
- How do you solve a problem like Marius?
- My love is like... an avenging sitting hen
- Water, water, everywhere and no dignitary in sight
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB freestyle skier Rowan Cheshire recovering from facial injuries and concussion after halfpipe accident
- Ian Herbert: Sports abuse on Twitter is hitting record highs but rather than confront the trolls we must starve them of the publicity they crave
- Winter Olympics 2014: 'Careless' Eve Muirhead must now take hard route to curling gold
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB women's curling team reach semi-finals despite defeat to Denmark
- Winter Olympics 2014: British halfpipe skier Rowan Cheshire knocked unconscious
- Winter Olympics 2014: Russian ice hockey team edged out under glare of President Vladimir Putin
- Winter Olympics 2014: Russia's ice hockey poster boy fails to get President Putin smiling
- Winter Olympics 2014: Russian hockey fans protest outside US embassy in Moscow over disallowed goal
- Winter Olympics 2014: Team GB men's curling team still have shot at medal despite defeat to China
- Winter Olympics 2014: Ice hockey spectator in hilarious 'backside 180' Sochi selfie
- Winter Olympics 2014: Lizzy Yarnold will use gold to inspire girls to strive for their dream
- Winter Olympics 2014: Jamaican bobsleigh team earn one love from Sochi but last place beckons
- Winter Olympics 2014: British men's curlers slip to defeat in Sochi
- Olympic briefing: Day of reckoning for British curling teams;
- Winter Olympics 2014 Cold Snapshots: Spine surgery for Russian freestyle skier Maria Komissarova
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nike Back to the Future style self-lacing shoes 'will arrive in 2015'
- Google criticised for the availability of adult and abusive content in its Play store
- Twitch plays Pokémon: the largest massively multiplayer Pokémon game is beautiful chaos
- Google buys audio password firm SlickLogin in an attempt to bump up web security
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football