Day In a Page
Monday, 24 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Carnival celebrations kick off in Haiti
- 'Stick with Foncho to Make Bananas Fair' campaign
- Top 15 embarrassing street names in UK
- The world's weirdest theme parks
- Elderly of North and South Korea meet after six decades
- 'Pandas on Tour' show raises awareness about the endangered giant pandas
- Save The Children: More than a million children die on their first and only day of life
- Ukraine uprising
- India celebrates Niyamraja Festival
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Rebecca Adlington has a new nose, and good for her. Who wouldn’t do the same?
- By George, Dr Carey’s right! All those poor people need food banks because their feckless parents never taught them to cook
- Angela Merkel will be welcomed with full honours tomorrow, and for good reason: our two countries need each other
- Letter from Asia: India’s parliament has hit new low, warns its elder statesman
- Inside Whitehall: Care.data will help prolong our lives and those of our children
- Losing Britain's libraries: The places where we discover books are imperiled like never before
- Nigel Farage: I’m immensely looking forward to saying: ‘I don’t agree with Nick Clegg’
- Nigel Farage: Don’t cap holiday prices, scrap EU flight taxes
- Why practical experiments must remain part of science A-levels
- Piers Morgan dropped by CNN: America was bound to tire of his big mouth eventually
- LGBT Ugandans are facing a crisis - what action will the UK take?
- The West's outcry over Uganda's hateful anti-gay law may do more harm than good
- The smart solution is clear: a land value tax
- i Editor's Letter: Our second iStudents debate
- The Government is more anti-EU than at any time in the last 20 years. So why are Eurosceptics still so gloomy?
- We could be at a tipping point – when parents who think private education is the only option finally see that state schools make sense
- A bird on the brink of extinction, the Tahiti monarch has one hope – you
- Virginia Ironside's Dilemmas: I found a love letter in my husband's pocket. Should we seek help?
- I'm proud of my scars – and I'm lucky to say I've never had a bad reaction to them. It should be this way for everyone
- Now scientists have discovered the ‘snob effect’, can we forgive the snobby?
- Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2014: you can be too obsessed with ‘healthy’ eating
- Alice Herz-Sommer, the world’s oldest Holocaust survivor, said Beethoven was her religion. That's the effect great art can have
- Shame on those who have driven Alec Baldwin from public life
- i Editor's Letter: Gute Reise, Angela!
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England relieved to begin new era with narrow win over the University of West Indies Vice-Chancellor's XI
- England are desperate to move on from Kevin Pietersen
- Australians suspect South Africa wicketkeeper A B de Villiers of tampering with the ball
- The Light Roller: Let's cherish the memory of Kevin Pietersen… but then move on
- Jos Buttler puts England before IPL as he adapts to life with new county Lancashire
- Luke Wright determined to tie down a spot in England team after the axing of Kevin Pietersen
- Ian Herbert: Our Ashes conquerors don’t look so all-powerful now
- Winter Olympics 2014: Eve Muirhead says winning for Team GB is extra special as Olympians return from Sochi
- Winter Olympics 2014: Cold war and thaw - The Independent's take on a fortnight in Sochi
- Winter Olympics 2014: UK Sport vows to maintain 'no compromise' approach to funding in order for Team GB to 'continue being champions'
- Winter Olympics 2014: IOC president Thomas Bach hails Sochi success as Russia delivers promise of 'excellence'
- Kevin Garside: Why F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is cosying up to Russia president Vladimir Putin
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Galaxy S5: Everything you need to know about Samsung's latest
- Mt. Gox issues statement: Oldest bitcoin exchange offline amid rumours of £250m theft
- WhatsApp plans to implement voice calling in 'second quarter of the year'
- ‘Electric Eel’ digital condom promises to make sparks fly in the bedroom
- Titanfall Xbox One bundle: Microsoft steps up Sony PS4 fight with price cut and giant robots
- Mozilla unveils £15 smartphone - promises a 'flood' of cheap devices for emerging markets
- Nokia X review: A Windows Phone-Android hybrid that punches above its weight
- Google acquires London start-up Spider.io to help crack down on advertising fraud
- Sony launches waterproof Xperia Z2 smartphone and tablet
- Huawei TalkBand bracelet combines a fitness tracker and Bluetooth headset
- Nokia X, Nokia X+ and Nokia XL: Specifications, prices and release dates
- Nokia launch first ever Android Phones
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Nick Clegg pleads with students to trust the Lib Dems again in an another attempt to put the tuition fee farrago behind him
- Bradford University defends former Pakistan cricket captain Imran Khan after students demand he steps down as chancellor as he fails to attend a graduation since 2010
- Oxford don criticised for claiming women's dresses should look like a 'stormable fortress'
- 180 UK student unions urge Government and universities to fix spiralling costs for international students
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled