Day In a Page
Thursday, 27 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 'Aerofilms' - A history of Britain from above
- Changing climate around the world
- Hindu Shivaratri festival in Kathmandu
- Dominican Republic celebrates Independence Day
- Northern lights from around the world
- Balinese Usaba Dalem - annual ritual of roast pig sacrifice
- The Lucerne Carnival in Switzerland
- Inside the lavish residency of fugitive president Victor Yanukovych
- Forgotten art - Chinese Opera struggles to compete with modern day entertainments
- Teen cancer survivor Elana Simon helps scientists study her own rare disease
- Could the Woolly Mammoth be brought back to life?
- Is the right or left side of your brain more dominant? Take this quiz to find out
- Ministers take next step towards approving IVF procedures that would allow three-parent babies
- The search for 'Earth 2.0' continues apace as Nasa announces the discovery of four new 'Goldilocks' planets, taking the known total to nine
- Fully formed teeth removed from the brain of a baby suffering from a rare tumour
- Planetary 'bonanza': Nasa's Kepler telescope discovers 715 new exoplanets
- Lady Llewellyn: Cipher officer who established and led a team crucial to Winston Churchill's wartime centre of operations
- Mavis Gallant: Québécoise writer who settled in Paris and found a home for her masterful short stories in the pages of The New Yorker
- Duffy Power: Blues and rock'n'roll singer whose troubled career still yielded collaborations with Jack Bruce and Bert Jansch
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Owen Jones: Give us Spitting Image back!
- Tales from the Watercooler: I still get a thrill from a good motorcade
- If students think that stripping is the way to make ends meet then there’s something missing from their education
- Howard Jacobson: Lewis Gill may not have meant his punch to kill, but any swing at a man's face is an act of barbarity
- Is our ridicule of Germany a cover for the fear that we too could have fostered Nazism?
- Editor's letter: Festival celebrates literature, but also freedom itself
- Errors and Omissions: Nothing unique in allowing rhetoric to trump logic
- The Big Questions: Who would ‘Spitting Image’ target nowadays? Can Scotland survive on its own?
- Man about Town: These ingredients were special, but it's what you do with them that really matters
- Oscars 2014: And the award for playing it safe goes to... Hollywood
- When councils shroud their deals with private developers in secrecy, you get the feeling something's up
- It’s adults, not kids, who need my guide to audience etiquette
- Protect whistleblowers, or you open the door to people like Julian Assange
- The release of The Book Thief marks another step in cinema taking a more rounded view of World War Two
- Why I'm giving up clothes for Lent
- The biggest risk to a procrastinator is the internet
- Four steps the UK should take to stop the CAR from turning into another Rwanda
- World View: The persecution of Muslims is Burma’s most toxic issue
- i Editor's Letter: Lunch with Kate Monro
- It’s no good, Dawkins. No one’s going to abandon religion because some atheist is banging on at them about science
- While politicians bicker over self-serving definitions of poverty, a simple measure of ‘need’ is being overlooked
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's ‘Stephen Ward’ flops: Why can’t the West End do musicals any more?
- I’m truly honoured to be a home-town boy from Manchester... and it looks like I’m in good company
- The idea that Katy Perry meant to insult Islam in her new video 'Dark Horse' is ludicrous
- Never mind sharp-elbow parenting, David Laws. True equality of opportunity would mean the abolition of private education
- Dyslexic students get extra support, but what about those without the label who struggle with reading?
- If you want social mobility, don’t blame everything on the past
- How our nation of homeowners became ‘generation rent’
- i Editor's Letter: An improbable scenario – but not impossible
- The Big Six must return the £400m owed to customers
- David Cameron hoped Angela Merkel would solve his Brussels problem. He should have known better
- More planets means more chance of extraterrestrial life
- The Conservatives’ pledge to bring down net migration was always wrong-headed. Now we know it won’t be met
- Grow up, grandpa: Years after 'Sachsgate', Andrew Sachs reveals he is still not talking to his granddaughter
- Angela Merkel visit: German Chancellor delivers reality check for Tory Eurosceptics
- The new Two Together railcard means flexible passengers can benefit from the lowest fares in western Europe
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- British agents spied on Yahoo users' 'intimate' webcam images, Snowden files reveal
- Google Street View comes face to face with polar bears in the Canadian tundra
- Samsung Galaxy S5 knock-off arrives two days after the real deal, and for £400 less
- Nasa's tough and mobile 'jumble of tent poles' could be the future of space exploration
- 'Dad will die as he lived, covered by horrible crocheted blankets': US comedian Laurie Kilmartin live-tweets her father's death
- Boeing announce self-destructing 'black phone' for government agencies
- 'Mind boggling' trove of 1.25bn emails discovered for sale on online black market
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The hidden homeless: Government urged to help vulnerable women who sleep rough
- Simon Read: Surely someone has had a positive bank experience?
- Simon Read: Sickening tale that reinforces the need to protect elderly
- Energy firms told to return £400m to customers
- Money alert: Impartial energy comparison site
- Mark Dampier: Ignore the squabbling and get the best of both worlds in trusts
- Where can I get the best return for my £20,000 nest egg?
- Bargain Hunter: Take a time-travelling trip for two on a Waterstones card
- Donald MacInnes: When a plumber's grandson's musical goes down the tubes...
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Speaker John Bercow named chancellor of the University of Bedfordshire
- One in three strippers 'are students paying for their education'
- London student fined £1,010 for chalk slogan protest
- Oxford student who killed herself after breaking up with her boyfriend had been 'harassed' by a lecturer, inquest told
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster