Day In a Page
Friday, 7 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Stag imitation championships: Contestants compete to make the best deer mating call
- Terrifying zombie prank sees 'walkers' hiding in the grates of New York's sidewalks
- Video of one-year-old girl seeing rain for the first time reminds us that even bad weather is a wonder
- Student takes grinning selfie with dead body, posts it on Instagram
- German businesswoman kicked out of luxury apartment after telling neighbour: 'Go hang'
- Louise Brough: Tennis player and doubles expert who won 35 Grand Slam titles and was regarded as one of the game’s finest volleyers
- Richard Bull: Actor who made his name as the kindly shopkeeper in the homely and wholesome Little House on the Prairie
- Professor John Goldman: Pioneering haematologist whose ground-breaking work led the fight against chronic myeloid leukaemia
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Join our call for world leaders to stop the illegal killing of elephants
- i Editor's Letter: Celebrating our 1000th issue
- If Twitter wants to stop making losses, it needs to take a leaf out of Facebook and show that it has a warm, cuddly side
- Bill Clinton and Liz Hurley's phantom romance: Fancy dress always comes back to haunt you
- Microsoft’s new boss is a window on a better school system
- David Cameron’s message about independence was as much to the rest of the UK as to Scotland itself
- One book inspired Shakespeare, Dickens and Kanye West. So why aren’t we all reading it?
- Man about town: The art of service is back in fashion
- The Big Questions: Should Latin be taught in state schools? Is flooding in the UK a fact of life? Should Tube workers have gone on strike?
- Inside Westminster: If only Gove could get things done as easily as he makes enemies
- A scoop and a near miss as countdown to May 2015 begins
- Tales from the Water Cooler: Purple rain or pouring rein?
- Errors and Omissions: A little punctuation can go a long way
- Character actor or the man who played himself? The Philip Seymour Hoffman contradiction
- The sacking of Kevin Pietersen, the last of the great mavericks, has killed off any lingering interest I had in sport
- For the last time: If you're being harassed on Facebook, or on the streets, it's not your fault
- Not sexy: Rihanna and Shakira pose as lesbians for a music video - but where are they on LGBT rights?
- Elephants in the Dust
- i Comment: The passion of our readers lifted us from the start
- i Editor's Letter: Many guilty men escape justice
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Gary Kirsten rules himself out of the running for England team director's job due to family commitments
- The Last Word: ECB have just armed a KP neutron bomb
- Kevin Pietersen: Details over England dropping will begin to emerge while Pietersen seeks new employers across the globe
- Kevin Pietersen and England: The team will always beat the individual
- England job: Gary Kirsten rules out taking over from Andy Flower for family reasons
- Kevin Pietersen: Questions remain over sudden axeing of batsman after national selector James Whitaker refuses to reveal the reasons behind decision
- Winter Olympics 2014 opening ceremony: Let the Sochi Games begin... Vladimir Putin opens the Games but not before a lighting malfunction and performance from t.A.T.u
- Winter Olympics 2014: Russia president Vladimir Putin said to be 'satisfied' with opening ceremony in Sochi
- Winter Olympics 2014: Jamie Nicholls pleased with final performance that secured sixth place in snowboard slopestyle
- Winter Olympics 2014: Jamie Nicholls narrowly misses out on medal as American Sage Kotsenburg takes snowboard slopestyle gold
- Winter Olympics 2014: Pressure on hosts to deliver as Ice Hockey expectations grow before Games officially begin in Russia
- Winter Olympics 2014: Former sprinter Craig Pickering forced to miss Sochi Games after back injury rules him out of bobsleigh event
- Sport on TV: Perfect day when Brits took the Russians to the cleaners
- Book of the Week: Barracuda by Christos Tsiolkas
- Winter Olympics 2014: BBC and snowboarder Billy Morgan in misunderstanding over post-snowboard slopestyle final comments
- Bobsledder Johnny Quinn puts his training to good use to smash through bathroom door
- Winter Olympics 2014: Marit Bjoergen claims cross country gold for Norway after spirited battle with Sweden's Charlotte Kalla
- Winter Olympics 2014: Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland - can the new Torvill and Dean strike gold with ‘The Beast’?
- Winter Olympics 2014: Olympic sponsors have found taking an ethical stance is a good business strategy. But can Sochi’s true legacy be real change?
- Winter Olympics 2014: Bigger, brasher, brighter - Sochi releases spirit of Vladimir Putin’s Russia
- Winter Olympics 2014 opening ceremony: What? No Bolshevik executions? No gay kiss?
- Winter Olympics 2014: Sochi protesters arrested over banner citing Olympic Charter's words against discrimination
- Olympics rings malfunction at Sochi 2014 opening ceremony
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hamish McRae: Super-sized ski terrain? Fine, but you may lose on quality
- Tips and deals of the week: SecretEarth.com trip-planning site, Avianca flights from Heathrow to Bogota and Malmaison in Dundee
- Great getaways: Nevada and California self-drive, Eastern promise in Malaysia, Tuscan seaside in spring and Canary comfort in Lanzarote
- Cruise Report: Shun Valentine's Day and run away to sea
- Simon Calder: Things go better with Colombian flights
- Round-the-world adventures
- Travel agenda
- Travel challenge
- My life in travel: Clarke Peters
- Open Jaw
- First Class flop? Even though airlines don't make money from First Class, they remain doggedly committed
- Airline helps reconnect Cornwall with London
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Don't bank on easy access to your own money ...
- Consumer Rights: Here's a lesson in how to get free childcare
- Julian Knight: Can lenders cope with this new mortgage rush?
- Investment Insider: Is there any reason for you to bank on Lloyds?
- Simon Read: Jam jar accounts could help the financial strugglers
- Would you fall for a scam? Read our guide to avoiding the conmen who promise prizes and some simple rules for keeping cash safe...
- Questions of Cash: Fraudster stole my identity and then rang up a £383 phone debt for me
- 1,000 free miles for electric car drivers
- Arts centre in sights of community share offer
- Five questions about: Writing a will
- Mark Dampier: It's time to purchase, not panic, as emerging markets take a tumble
- Bargain Hunter: Switch on to romantic lighting deals this Valentine's Day
- Derek Pain: Time is running out as I lose patience with my four losers
- Money Insider: Co-op Bank fights back with a golden hello
- Donald MacInnes: How our hunt for a new home has left us feeling rather flat...
- Simon Read: Celebrities should be ashamed of using their fame to flog us questionable financial deals
- Simon Read: Pensions minister in yet another unpleasant u-turn
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits record low as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Germany sees 'visible rise' in support for far-right extremism in response to perceived 'Islamisation' of the West
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more