Day In a Page
Friday, 7 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Stag imitation championships: Contestants compete to make the best deer mating call
- Terrifying zombie prank sees 'walkers' hiding in the grates of New York's sidewalks
- Video of one-year-old girl seeing rain for the first time reminds us that even bad weather is a wonder
- Student takes grinning selfie with dead body, posts it on Instagram
- German businesswoman kicked out of luxury apartment after telling neighbour: 'Go hang'
- Louise Brough: Tennis player and doubles expert who won 35 Grand Slam titles and was regarded as one of the game’s finest volleyers
- Richard Bull: Actor who made his name as the kindly shopkeeper in the homely and wholesome Little House on the Prairie
- Professor John Goldman: Pioneering haematologist whose ground-breaking work led the fight against chronic myeloid leukaemia
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Join our call for world leaders to stop the illegal killing of elephants
- i Editor's Letter: Celebrating our 1000th issue
- If Twitter wants to stop making losses, it needs to take a leaf out of Facebook and show that it has a warm, cuddly side
- Bill Clinton and Liz Hurley's phantom romance: Fancy dress always comes back to haunt you
- Microsoft’s new boss is a window on a better school system
- David Cameron’s message about independence was as much to the rest of the UK as to Scotland itself
- One book inspired Shakespeare, Dickens and Kanye West. So why aren’t we all reading it?
- Man about town: The art of service is back in fashion
- The Big Questions: Should Latin be taught in state schools? Is flooding in the UK a fact of life? Should Tube workers have gone on strike?
- Inside Westminster: If only Gove could get things done as easily as he makes enemies
- A scoop and a near miss as countdown to May 2015 begins
- Tales from the Water Cooler: Purple rain or pouring rein?
- Errors and Omissions: A little punctuation can go a long way
- Character actor or the man who played himself? The Philip Seymour Hoffman contradiction
- The sacking of Kevin Pietersen, the last of the great mavericks, has killed off any lingering interest I had in sport
- For the last time: If you're being harassed on Facebook, or on the streets, it's not your fault
- Not sexy: Rihanna and Shakira pose as lesbians for a music video - but where are they on LGBT rights?
- Elephants in the Dust
- i Comment: The passion of our readers lifted us from the start
- i Editor's Letter: Many guilty men escape justice
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Gary Kirsten rules himself out of the running for England team director's job due to family commitments
- The Last Word: ECB have just armed a KP neutron bomb
- Kevin Pietersen: Details over England dropping will begin to emerge while Pietersen seeks new employers across the globe
- Kevin Pietersen and England: The team will always beat the individual
- England job: Gary Kirsten rules out taking over from Andy Flower for family reasons
- Kevin Pietersen: Questions remain over sudden axeing of batsman after national selector James Whitaker refuses to reveal the reasons behind decision
- Winter Olympics 2014 opening ceremony: Let the Sochi Games begin... Vladimir Putin opens the Games but not before a lighting malfunction and performance from t.A.T.u
- Winter Olympics 2014: Russia president Vladimir Putin said to be 'satisfied' with opening ceremony in Sochi
- Winter Olympics 2014: Jamie Nicholls pleased with final performance that secured sixth place in snowboard slopestyle
- Winter Olympics 2014: Jamie Nicholls narrowly misses out on medal as American Sage Kotsenburg takes snowboard slopestyle gold
- Winter Olympics 2014: Pressure on hosts to deliver as Ice Hockey expectations grow before Games officially begin in Russia
- Winter Olympics 2014: Former sprinter Craig Pickering forced to miss Sochi Games after back injury rules him out of bobsleigh event
- Sport on TV: Perfect day when Brits took the Russians to the cleaners
- Book of the Week: Barracuda by Christos Tsiolkas
- Winter Olympics 2014: BBC and snowboarder Billy Morgan in misunderstanding over post-snowboard slopestyle final comments
- Bobsledder Johnny Quinn puts his training to good use to smash through bathroom door
- Winter Olympics 2014: Marit Bjoergen claims cross country gold for Norway after spirited battle with Sweden's Charlotte Kalla
- Winter Olympics 2014: Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland - can the new Torvill and Dean strike gold with ‘The Beast’?
- Winter Olympics 2014: Olympic sponsors have found taking an ethical stance is a good business strategy. But can Sochi’s true legacy be real change?
- Winter Olympics 2014: Bigger, brasher, brighter - Sochi releases spirit of Vladimir Putin’s Russia
- Winter Olympics 2014 opening ceremony: What? No Bolshevik executions? No gay kiss?
- Winter Olympics 2014: Sochi protesters arrested over banner citing Olympic Charter's words against discrimination
- Olympics rings malfunction at Sochi 2014 opening ceremony
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hamish McRae: Super-sized ski terrain? Fine, but you may lose on quality
- Tips and deals of the week: SecretEarth.com trip-planning site, Avianca flights from Heathrow to Bogota and Malmaison in Dundee
- Great getaways: Nevada and California self-drive, Eastern promise in Malaysia, Tuscan seaside in spring and Canary comfort in Lanzarote
- Cruise Report: Shun Valentine's Day and run away to sea
- Simon Calder: Things go better with Colombian flights
- Round-the-world adventures
- Travel agenda
- Travel challenge
- My life in travel: Clarke Peters
- Open Jaw
- First Class flop? Even though airlines don't make money from First Class, they remain doggedly committed
- Airline helps reconnect Cornwall with London
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Don't bank on easy access to your own money ...
- Consumer Rights: Here's a lesson in how to get free childcare
- Julian Knight: Can lenders cope with this new mortgage rush?
- Investment Insider: Is there any reason for you to bank on Lloyds?
- Simon Read: Jam jar accounts could help the financial strugglers
- Would you fall for a scam? Read our guide to avoiding the conmen who promise prizes and some simple rules for keeping cash safe...
- Questions of Cash: Fraudster stole my identity and then rang up a £383 phone debt for me
- 1,000 free miles for electric car drivers
- Arts centre in sights of community share offer
- Five questions about: Writing a will
- Mark Dampier: It's time to purchase, not panic, as emerging markets take a tumble
- Bargain Hunter: Switch on to romantic lighting deals this Valentine's Day
- Derek Pain: Time is running out as I lose patience with my four losers
- Money Insider: Co-op Bank fights back with a golden hello
- Donald MacInnes: How our hunt for a new home has left us feeling rather flat...
- Simon Read: Celebrities should be ashamed of using their fame to flog us questionable financial deals
- Simon Read: Pensions minister in yet another unpleasant u-turn
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Ed Miliband's 'north London set' must be demolished to save Labour, say critics
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
- 1 Exodus Gods and Kings: Ridley Scott never considered casting 'Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such' in lead role
- 2 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he'd killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship