Day In a Page
Friday, 7 March 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Dame Elaine Kellett-Bowman: Conservative MP and MEP whose ferociously hard work enabled her to stand proud on the right wing of the party
- Justin Kaplan: Award-winning author hailed for his innovative biographies of Walt Whitman and Mark Twain
- Peter Callander: Lyricist who wrote the words for hits by artists such as Cliff Richard, Dusty Springfield and Sandie Shaw
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- AL Kennedy’s comments: Rumbled! But I only lived in Kensal Green
- Tales from the Watercooler: Mum made me wash up, m'lud ...
- Stephen Lawrence murder investigation: Macpherson was effectively working with one hand tied behind his back
- Printing money has helped only the rich
- Students entering work can find the perfect fit for a ‘portfolio’ career
- Does political rhetoric win votes?
- Careers tip: Making sure you’re valued at work
- Everyone is shocked by the inquiry into police corruption – except the public
- Get working class kids to fit in with the bourgeoisie? Take it from one who tried, they never will
- Changing career doesn’t have to mean mid-life drama
- International Women's Day: Here's why it matters
- Female pop stars like Lily Allen are too busy selling records to come up with anything constructive or interesting to say about feminism
- Man about town: Bubbles at The Ritz
- Errors and Omissions: A brilliant performance doesn't always make you a star
- The Big Questions: Is Vladimir Putin rebuilding the Soviet Union? How will the populist parties fare in the European elections?
- Inside Westminster: Banging on about Europe used to be a problem for Clegg. These days it’s the Lib Dems’ number one selling point
- Ballet Black is a wonderful company. But it's a shame on the arts that it still exists
- Low self-esteem holds too many of us back
- Not all lawyers are coining it, and it’s right to stand up to Chris Grayling’s misguided ‘reforms’
- To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- Racism cannot be separated from feminism
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Sport on TV: England’s dastardly deeds are speaking louder than words
- West Indies Tour: England bowler Chris Jordan hoping to impress his native Barbados in Twenty20 series
- England must beat Aussies at their own game and appoint a ‘matey’ coach who likes a beer and a laugh... Beefy, Freddie: step forward
- Kevin Pietersen saga: Chris Gayle offers untimely reminder of absent friend
- Moeen Ali hoping to impress in West Indies series after Joe Root doubt for World Twenty20
- Andy Murray admits return from back surgery was tough, but with season ramping up, he's 'feeling good'
- Indian Wells: Victoria Azarenka limps out of BNP Paribas Open second round through injury as American Lauren Davis progresses
- Elena Baltacha vows to battle liver cancer as Heather Watson and Judy Murray among those who offer support
- Former British tennis No 1 Elena Baltacha told she has liver cancer
- Elena Baltacha diagnosed with liver cancer: Former British number one admits she is 'fighting with everything I have'
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
- HTC: The smartphone company that cares about design as much as Apple
- Livr: A social network only for drunk people
- Sony's The Last of Us to get film adaption with help from Spider-Man director Sam Raimi
- Vine bans pornography, allows nudity that is "documentary, educational or artistic"
- Bitcoin blunder: Satoshi Nakamoto denies all involvement with cryptocurrency
- Wello: A smartphone case that measures your heart rate and more - straight from your iPhone
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Despite expected death toll we must remember air travel has never been safer
- Simon Calder: If life's too short, how about a BAwayday?
- Travel challenge: Easter in Portugal
- Surfing holidays: Chasing the perfect wave off an empty beach
- My life in travel: Virginia McKenna
- Travel agenda: From the stars of the Lego film to a suitcase exhibition in Amsterdam and a former abbey hotel in Northumberland
- New low-cost airline flying to America under threat after US pilots association raises safety fears
- On Holiday Group collapse: Q&A
- On Holiday Group collapses with debts of £7m
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Money Insider: Marks & Spencer serves up no-fees current account
- Ukraine crisis is Russian roulette for investors
- Simon Read: Could it be that banks are ready to earn the trust of customers instead of bleeding us dry?
- MP accuses watchdog of failing the vulnerable
- MPs warn that carbon bubble may hit savers
- Questions of Cash: PC World tried to blame my son's faulty laptop on 'liquid damage'
- Mark Dampier: The fund manager who's top of my Mutual appreciation society
- Donald MacInnes: Garage mechanics are enough to drive women (and me) to distraction
- Bargain Hunter: Discount deals on haute cuisine, and the chef's tantrums are free
- Derek Pain: Booker and Whitbread power my portfolio to heady heights
- Money alert: Crowdfunding regulations
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' by Antiques Roadshow's Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans