Day In a Page
Thursday, 10 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 10 people dead after truck crashes with bus carrying students in California
- Summer Mermaid Swim Experience in Manila
- Animals at Easter
- Chocolate Easter Bunny production at Confiserie Felicitas in Germany
- 'Da Vinci - The Genius' exhibition in Germany
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge go walkabout in New Zealand
- Sue Townsend dead: Adrian Mole 'Secret Diary' author dies at her home, aged 68
- Bill Bailey compares Labour leader Ed Miliband to ‘a plastic bag caught in a tree’: ‘No one knows how he got up there and no one can be bothered to get him down’
- Paul Walker dead: Fast & Furious actor to receive tribute at the MTV Movie Awards 2014
- David Cameron mulls over Easter message with his children at breakfast: ‘It’s not all about chocolate eggs’
- Sue Townsend dead: JK Rowling leads tributes to Adrian Mole author, who has died aged 68
- Katie Hopkins breaks silence on Peaches Geldof death in uncharacteristically sincere column: 'She wouldn't want me to tweet'
- Rupert Murdoch tells of ‘shock’ over Wendi Deng’s admiring notes about Tony Blair
- Ian Hislop: 'How did I celebrate Piers Morgan getting axed from CNN? I'm still celebrating'
- Miley Cyrus suffered from depression after being bullied for having acne as a teenager: ‘I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down’
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott mocked for tweeting picture of himself on the phone
- Swallows and Amazons author Arthur Ransome was suspected Russian spy, MI5 secret files reveal
- Heidi Klum faces ‘racism’ backlash over ‘redface’ Native American shoot: Germany’s Next Top Model issue apology
- Peaches Geldof ‘had the heart of a 90-year-old gangster,’ mother-of-two said after doctors warned her over unhealthy eating habits
- Peaches Geldof dead: Body released back to family ahead of funeral plans
- Michael Schumacher latest: Former rival Jean Alesi says F1 star showed signs of improvement on recent hospital visit ‘I felt a relief among his family, a great happiness’
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Reeva Steenkamp's mother 'obsessed' with watching 'hero to devil' athlete - 'I don't know if he's acting'
- The drugs don't work: Britain wasted £600m of taxpayers' money on useless flu pills stockpiled by Government in case of pandemic
- Nasa to test 'flying saucer' Mars lander in Hawaii as preparation for manned missions
- 'Jesus's wife' fragment is not a fake, scientists claim
- Lab-grown vaginas prove long-term success for four women born without one
- Fruit flies have evolved to avoid death with 'barrel-rolls' performed 50 times faster than we can blink
- Global survey finds that seven is probably our favourite number, but do you know why?
- Richard Hoggart: Scholar who wrote incisively on media, education and class, most of all in his great work, ‘The Uses of Literacy’
- Sue Townsend obituary: Author whose hapless, brilliantly drawn teenage hero, Adrian Mole, made her the bestselling author of the 1980s
- Peter Matthiessen: Novelist and wilderness writer who co-founded the influential literary magazine The Paris Review
- John Shirley-Quirk: Striking bass-baritone who became a central member of Benjamin Britten's English Opera Group
- Charlie Porter: Climber who conquered world's toughest big-wall ascents and later explored little-charted regions of South America
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Robert Fisk: Has Recep Tayyip Erdogan gone from model Middle East 'strongman' to tin-pot dictator?
- Afghanistan and other victory myths enlisted by the Army
- Fair's fair: Let's have body hair equality
- Errors and Omissions: Our general knowledge needs brushing up
- New Culture Secretary Sajid Javid is just another career politician – couldn’t we have found someone who really cares about the Arts?
- What I learnt about boys from the genius comic creation that was Sue Townsend’s Adrian Mole
- From Peaches Geldof to the 89-year-old who went to Dignitas, it’s not been a good week for death – or for those who’ve pronounced on it
- Inside Westminster: It took a tiny spark to reignite the expenses scandal
- World view: Kim Jong-un's purges betray the weakness that makes North Korea a growing danger
- When Kurt Cobain died, the press barely noticed
- Prisons are failing to protect vulnerable children - we urgently need a public inquiry
- A Burma in thrall to extremists risks becoming a death sentence for the Rohingya minority
- Thank you Sue Townsend, for giving us Adrian Mole
- i Editor’s Letter: Our ‘position’ on the royals
- Letting people get away with anything. Is this the fine art of leadership, David Cameron-style?
- Does the EU’s involvement in Ukraine amount to a form of colonialism?
- The Government should not be blamed for the Tamiflu scandal
- Is fine dining in Britain being gradually democratised?
- The main surprise about Myners' resignation from the Co-Op board is that it took so long to happen
- Female Genital Mutilation: As the 'cutting season' approaches, end the silence
- What would I do if I woke up tomorrow morning and were Prime Minister? Well...
- Students of today work as hard as our parents did
- If Modi wins the election, India will have crossed a moral Rubicon
- The sorry state of the United States is not going to be fixed any time soon
- i Editor's Letter: How not to resign
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Charlotte Edwards 'very proud' after earning prestigious Wisden award
- Kevin Pietersen: I may play for England again, declares outcast batsman
- Lancashire's Ashwell Prince and Tom Smith battle in vain against Nottinghamshire
- County Championship round-up: Steve Magoffin takes eight wickets as Sussex thrash Middlesex
- Masters 2014: Live coverage of Day 1 at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Double-bogey at the first? Welcome to Augusta, kid
- Masters 2014: Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Arnold Palmer get the action underway at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Adam Scott projects the Augusta aura to light up life without Tiger Woods
- Masters 2014: Adam Scott hopes to dominate weekend after his solid start
- Masters 2014: Bubba Watson – the new Tiger Woods of crazy golf
- Solheim Cup: Carin Koch named European captain
- Masters 2014 - LIVE: Leaderboard, latest news and all the action from Augusta National on Day 2
- Masters 2014: Rory McIlroy fears difficult pin positions despite positive start in bid for his third major title
- Masters 2014: Luke Donald admits 'dumb mistake' after two-shot penalty for a bunker violation
- Masters 2014: Graeme McDowell hopes the omens prove correct
- Masters 2014: Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott do battle with the bogeys at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Eisenhower Tree on 17th hole should not be replaced, say Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player
- Masters 2014: Golfing fanatic places £1,000 bet on Rory McIlroy to win the event after seeing his face on a Danish pastry
- Masters 2014: Matthew Fitzpatrick and Garrick Porteous live their Augusta dream in the land of opportunity
- Augusta Diary: Golden Bear's long wait
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more