Day In a Page
Thursday, 10 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- 10 people dead after truck crashes with bus carrying students in California
- Summer Mermaid Swim Experience in Manila
- Animals at Easter
- Chocolate Easter Bunny production at Confiserie Felicitas in Germany
- 'Da Vinci - The Genius' exhibition in Germany
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge go walkabout in New Zealand
- Sue Townsend dead: Adrian Mole 'Secret Diary' author dies at her home, aged 68
- Bill Bailey compares Labour leader Ed Miliband to ‘a plastic bag caught in a tree’: ‘No one knows how he got up there and no one can be bothered to get him down’
- Paul Walker dead: Fast & Furious actor to receive tribute at the MTV Movie Awards 2014
- David Cameron mulls over Easter message with his children at breakfast: ‘It’s not all about chocolate eggs’
- Sue Townsend dead: JK Rowling leads tributes to Adrian Mole author, who has died aged 68
- Katie Hopkins breaks silence on Peaches Geldof death in uncharacteristically sincere column: 'She wouldn't want me to tweet'
- Rupert Murdoch tells of ‘shock’ over Wendi Deng’s admiring notes about Tony Blair
- Ian Hislop: 'How did I celebrate Piers Morgan getting axed from CNN? I'm still celebrating'
- Miley Cyrus suffered from depression after being bullied for having acne as a teenager: ‘I locked myself in my room and my dad had to break my door down’
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott mocked for tweeting picture of himself on the phone
- Swallows and Amazons author Arthur Ransome was suspected Russian spy, MI5 secret files reveal
- Heidi Klum faces ‘racism’ backlash over ‘redface’ Native American shoot: Germany’s Next Top Model issue apology
- Peaches Geldof ‘had the heart of a 90-year-old gangster,’ mother-of-two said after doctors warned her over unhealthy eating habits
- Peaches Geldof dead: Body released back to family ahead of funeral plans
- Michael Schumacher latest: Former rival Jean Alesi says F1 star showed signs of improvement on recent hospital visit ‘I felt a relief among his family, a great happiness’
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Reeva Steenkamp's mother 'obsessed' with watching 'hero to devil' athlete - 'I don't know if he's acting'
- The drugs don't work: Britain wasted £600m of taxpayers' money on useless flu pills stockpiled by Government in case of pandemic
- Nasa to test 'flying saucer' Mars lander in Hawaii as preparation for manned missions
- 'Jesus's wife' fragment is not a fake, scientists claim
- Lab-grown vaginas prove long-term success for four women born without one
- Fruit flies have evolved to avoid death with 'barrel-rolls' performed 50 times faster than we can blink
- Global survey finds that seven is probably our favourite number, but do you know why?
- Richard Hoggart: Scholar who wrote incisively on media, education and class, most of all in his great work, ‘The Uses of Literacy’
- Sue Townsend obituary: Author whose hapless, brilliantly drawn teenage hero, Adrian Mole, made her the bestselling author of the 1980s
- Peter Matthiessen: Novelist and wilderness writer who co-founded the influential literary magazine The Paris Review
- John Shirley-Quirk: Striking bass-baritone who became a central member of Benjamin Britten's English Opera Group
- Charlie Porter: Climber who conquered world's toughest big-wall ascents and later explored little-charted regions of South America
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Robert Fisk: Has Recep Tayyip Erdogan gone from model Middle East 'strongman' to tin-pot dictator?
- Afghanistan and other victory myths enlisted by the Army
- Fair's fair: Let's have body hair equality
- Errors and Omissions: Our general knowledge needs brushing up
- New Culture Secretary Sajid Javid is just another career politician – couldn’t we have found someone who really cares about the Arts?
- What I learnt about boys from the genius comic creation that was Sue Townsend’s Adrian Mole
- From Peaches Geldof to the 89-year-old who went to Dignitas, it’s not been a good week for death – or for those who’ve pronounced on it
- Inside Westminster: It took a tiny spark to reignite the expenses scandal
- World view: Kim Jong-un's purges betray the weakness that makes North Korea a growing danger
- When Kurt Cobain died, the press barely noticed
- Prisons are failing to protect vulnerable children - we urgently need a public inquiry
- A Burma in thrall to extremists risks becoming a death sentence for the Rohingya minority
- Thank you Sue Townsend, for giving us Adrian Mole
- i Editor’s Letter: Our ‘position’ on the royals
- Letting people get away with anything. Is this the fine art of leadership, David Cameron-style?
- Does the EU’s involvement in Ukraine amount to a form of colonialism?
- The Government should not be blamed for the Tamiflu scandal
- Is fine dining in Britain being gradually democratised?
- The main surprise about Myners' resignation from the Co-Op board is that it took so long to happen
- Female Genital Mutilation: As the 'cutting season' approaches, end the silence
- What would I do if I woke up tomorrow morning and were Prime Minister? Well...
- Students of today work as hard as our parents did
- If Modi wins the election, India will have crossed a moral Rubicon
- The sorry state of the United States is not going to be fixed any time soon
- i Editor's Letter: How not to resign
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Charlotte Edwards 'very proud' after earning prestigious Wisden award
- Kevin Pietersen: I may play for England again, declares outcast batsman
- Lancashire's Ashwell Prince and Tom Smith battle in vain against Nottinghamshire
- County Championship round-up: Steve Magoffin takes eight wickets as Sussex thrash Middlesex
- Masters 2014: Live coverage of Day 1 at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Double-bogey at the first? Welcome to Augusta, kid
- Masters 2014: Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Arnold Palmer get the action underway at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Adam Scott projects the Augusta aura to light up life without Tiger Woods
- Masters 2014: Adam Scott hopes to dominate weekend after his solid start
- Masters 2014: Bubba Watson – the new Tiger Woods of crazy golf
- Solheim Cup: Carin Koch named European captain
- Masters 2014 - LIVE: Leaderboard, latest news and all the action from Augusta National on Day 2
- Masters 2014: Rory McIlroy fears difficult pin positions despite positive start in bid for his third major title
- Masters 2014: Luke Donald admits 'dumb mistake' after two-shot penalty for a bunker violation
- Masters 2014: Graeme McDowell hopes the omens prove correct
- Masters 2014: Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott do battle with the bogeys at Augusta
- Masters 2014: Eisenhower Tree on 17th hole should not be replaced, say Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player
- Masters 2014: Golfing fanatic places £1,000 bet on Rory McIlroy to win the event after seeing his face on a Danish pastry
- Masters 2014: Matthew Fitzpatrick and Garrick Porteous live their Augusta dream in the land of opportunity
- Augusta Diary: Golden Bear's long wait
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her