Day In a Page
Tuesday, 15 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Water Festival celebration
- The Dai minority celebrates New Year
- Easter Rabbit Steeple Chase in Prague
- RNLI My Coast Photography Competition Shortlist
- South Korea ferry sinks carrying 477 people
- Boston Marathon bombing anniversary
- Hillsborough disaster anniversary: RIP to the 96
- Blood moon eclipse
- Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs exhibition in London
- Are beards attractive? Ryan Gosling says yes, but science says no. Take the A-list facial hair challenge and find out who's right
- Paul Weller wins damages from the MailOnline on behalf of his children for 'plastering' site with images of them
- Peaches Geldof dead: Australia’s Next Top Model judging role lined up for star following suicide of model mentor Charlotte Dawson
- Lana Del Rey: 'West Coast' singer's entourage sued for $1million over alleged knife attack
- Was Miley Cyrus hospitalised due to severe allergic reaction to fame and over-promotion?
- Prince George dubbed 'the Republican slayer' in Australia
- David Beckham hits the wall in his fight for a football stadium in Miami's port area
- Doctor Who Series 8: Tom Baker admits ‘I’d blow up the BBC if I had the chance’. And then reveals he’d be up for starring in new series. On the BBC.
- CNN reporter forced to apologise for 'insensitive' and 'racist' coverage of the royal visit to New Zealand
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death: WWE Hall of Famer died from heart disease, autopsy concludes
- Pharrell Williams not so ‘Happy’? Star overcome with emotion and sheer weight of hat as he cries his eyes out on Oprah
- Bryan Cranston: Breaking Bad star helps student ask girl to the prom
- The moment of conception: Scientists isolate protein that governs first contact between egg and sperm
- Killer shrimp and knotweed: EU blacklist to combat alien species costing UK £1.7bn
- What does the way you sleep say about your relationship?
- Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
- Saturn's expecting: New images suggest that the planet is about to 'give birth' to a new moon
- 500 million-year-old rare fossilised embryos found in south China
- Mafia mobsters are more sensitive, family-centred and less selfish than other criminals
- Lunar eclipse 2014: Images of the spectacular 'blood moon'
- Wally Olins: Authority on branding and corporate identity who changed way companies and even countries think of themselves
- Riz Ortolani: Composer who wrote for over 200 films and whose work was championed by Quentin Tarantino
- ANR Robinson: Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago who survived a bloody coup attempt by a radical Muslim group
- Arthur Bellamy: Burnley's midfield stalwart who went on to serve the club as assistant manager, coach and head groundsman
- Major-General Logan Scott-Bowden: Royal Engineer who carried out perilous reconnaissance work on the beaches of Normandy in the run-up to D-Day
- Edna Doré : Matriarch of the Butcher family in 'EastEnders' who won an award for her role in Mike Leigh's 'High Hopes'
- Jacques Le Goff: Historian who helped transform our view of the Middle Ages and worked on 'The Name of the Rose'
- Pamela Vandyke Price: Ebullient and celebrated writer who did much to popularise wine in Britain during the postwar years
- Jesse Winchester: Musician whose tender, wistful evocations of the American South he was forced to leave won him a loyal following
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ukraine crisis: Deals brokered in a distant land are not going to satisfy protesters
- The Mirror's photo of a crying child isn't what it seems, but that doesn't make it a hoax
- The Mirror's photo of a crying child isn't what it seems, but this is no hoax
- Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
- It’s two decades since ‘education, education, education’, but still Britain’s primary school admissions are a farce
- How Labour would reform the Work Capability Assessment
- We could have had a proper debate about sexism after Rashida Manjoo's comments. Instead, we’re fencing over a media-garbled paraphrase
- Usborne in the USA: From Wild West to tame Upper Eastside – two different Americas
- The ICC is in danger of losing its way. A new charge – crimes against democracy – would revitalise it
- Banksy perfectly embodies our transitory age, but who cares? He is, most of all, an heroic anti-hero
- It isn’t a proper rock gig if you don’t leave with your ears ringing
- Bubble or no, it's a great time to be an estate agent
- i Editor’s Letter: Britain isn't the most sexist country in the world
- Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- The media wails about money wasted on Tamiflu – but we were the ones who demanded it
- I'm not religious, but you can't help getting swept up at a Passover dinner
- Why is it considered such a scandal for young children to spend long days at school? Often it’s a lot better for them than being at home
- It would be irresponsible for American Airlines to ignore 'joke' bomb threat tweets
- Women Who Eat on Tubes: spare us from your gender policing
- How to slow climate change? Target the 90 companies who pollute the most
- i Editor's Letter: Bullying tactics in the Oscar Pistorius trial
- Scientific endeavour needs more philanthropists
- Wages may be outstripping inflation at last, but the average household will barely notice the difference
- Warnings of four-year-olds with no school to go to may be an exaggeration, but Britain needs more places even so
- Whatever the response, we must be vocal on human rights
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook: Taking on PayPal with socially useful banking
- Neil Young's Pono music player becomes the 3rd most funded product on Kickstarter, but can you even hear the difference?
- Floating wind turbines could provide cheap energy in far-flung corners of the world
- Call of Duty Ghosts DLC: Snoop Dogg voices multiplayer - 'cap 'em and shank 'em'
- Google Lens: 'Avalanche' of patent filings show Google is eyeing up smart contact lenses
- James Dyson outlines 'Recyclone' concept barge that would vacuum rivers clean
- Game of drones: Why Google and Facebook are going head-to-head for control of the skies
- Google buys solar-powered drone manufacturer Titan Aerospace
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
New era of cheap oil 'will destroy green revolution'
Ukip founder Alan Sked and Nigel Farage 'begged Enoch Powell to stand as a candidate'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more