Day In a Page
Sunday, 27 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tube strike 2014: Boris Johnson launches furious attack on 'narrow minded union barons' and brands 48-hour walkout 'mad'
- Houblon £50 note to be withdrawn by Bank of England in fraud crackdown
- Hundreds of children over the age of 5 are sent to school wearing nappies - and teenagers as old as 15 can't use the toilet on their own
- David Cameron: Sexual predators who use 'disgusting' child grooming guides will face the same punishment as terrorists
- Peaches Geldof cause of death: The socialite's last moments to be revealed at an inquest later this week
- Gordon Ramsay’s hair nightmare: How the star chef’s questionable new ‘do obscured Victoria Beckham’s entire 40th birthday party
- Paul Simon and wife arrested and charged over alleged domestic abuse
- Hitler's maid on living with the Fuhrer: He loved midnight cake, lie-ins and tea from porcelain china cups
- George Clooney engaged: Who is Amal Alamuddin and how did she tie down Hollywood's most eligible bachelor, who swore off marriage for good?
- Stephen Fry boycotts Brunei-owned hotel chain The Dorchester Collection after country passes ‘stone the gays’ law
- Ed Balls distances himself from Ed Balls Day by refusing to tweet 'Ed Balls'
- JK Rowling discusses her mother’s fight with multiple sclerosis: 'She never knew about Harry Potter'
- Damon Albarn on the great class divide: ‘I was never gonna beat Noel Gallagher in a war of words’
- DJ Rashad Harden dead: Dance producer and footwork pioneer found dead in his apartment aged 35
- Dishevelled Richard Gere is mistaken for a homeless man as a French tourist offers him leftover pizza
- Chris Martin on Gwyneth Paltrow 'uncoupling': 'If you can’t open yourself up, you can’t appreciate the wonder inside'
- Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton named Britain's richest sportsman
- Connie Marrero: Pitcher who became one of Cuban baseball’s most successful exports to the United States in his thirties
- Jimmy Murakami: Director best known for his adaptations of two Raymond Briggs books, ‘The Snowman’ and ‘Where the Wind Blows’
- Dorothea von Schwanenfluegel Lawson: Author whose acclaimed memoir told of the humour that helped Germans cope with life under Adolf Hitler
- Tito Vilanova: Footballer and coach who with Pep Guardiola oversaw the most successful era in the history of FC Barcelona
- Miloslav Kratochvil Bitton: Military officer who fought as one of "The Rats of Tobruk" and went on to fly Spitfires protecting Lancaster bombers
- Régine Marie Deforges: Erotic writer who fell foul of the authorities and became the first woman to own a publishing house in France
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Grace Dent: Is this what Ukip thinks we secretly think? That Lenny Henry should go and live in a ‘black country’? It’s time to fight back
- Grace Dent: How fitting that Max Clifford ended up at the centre of a story that he had no control over
- It would help the Tories to lose the 2015 general election
- Demented Tony Blair recites the Saudis' creed in his latest speech
- There is a bit of the Cornish separatist in all of us
- Tory energy policy is designed for the few, not the many
- Boris Johnson may be stymied by his own star quality
- David Miliband on Yemen: A forgotten crisis in the Arab world’s poorest country
- Avril Lavigne's ‘Hello Kitty’ and the stereotypes of Japanese women
- High time to end this immoral drugs war
- Nature Studies: The Madagascar orchid and the extraordinary moth that goes with it
- Virginia Ironside's dilemmas: My girlfriend is punctual when it comes to work, but never on time for anything else
- In sickness and in health: My ICU experience said everything about humanity
- Why Ségolène Royal is right about décolletage
- Want a mortgage? Then put up with being asked a few questions
- The notion that Mr T directs his righteous wrath at the wrong target is wildly misdirected and it ill behoves anyone to call him demented
- Ryan Giggs is only a hero if we ignore his record off the pitch
- Religion and politics don’t mix. Faith groups use the language of rights to undermine those rights. Britain needs disestablishment
- Of course children care about winning or losing
- Robert Fisk: The most heroic thing Major Bob Orrell ever did was to carry a CND placard at the D-Day 40th anniversary
- Images are powerful signifiers: sometimes dull and relevant should trump playful
- Why Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve should make workers’ wage growth into a target
- Thomas Piketty: The French economist forcing America to wake up to the end of The Dream
- Not all Syria-bound teens are a threat, Ms May
- Costly but worth it: why Labour backs the HS2 rail-link
- It's hot and ugly – and I don't mean the gorilla
- If we're all our own bosses, we might get stroppy with it
- You can't put a price on joy
- i Editor's Letter: After the terrible murder of Ann Maguire, what can be done to protect teachers from violence?
- Letter from the Deputy Editor: The Unemployed are now forced to sign on every day
- Help! One of our dinosaurs is missing
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Warwickshire 263 & 152 Nottinghamshire 116 & 126-3: Nottinghamshire may be forced to pay heavily for pitch demons
- Ian Herbert: Michael Vaughan, so quick to judge, now needs to apologise to Jonathan Trott
- County Championship: Ian Bell shrugs off chances to score second century of the season
- Wirral Cricket Club bowled all out for just three runs in league match
- Mick Newell excited by his new post as England selector
- Eye on the County Championship: We'll miss Peter Moores but Glen Chapple can keep Lancashire moving forward
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tube strike: Free iPhone and Android apps that will help you beat the chaos
- Raspberry Pi used to create £90 smartphone
- Microsoft enters a new era after purchase of Nokia, promises 'we're not like everybody else'
- Code Babes: Programming site that 'leverages sexual desire' sparks outrage online
- An end to car washes? Nissan unveils 'world's first self-cleaning car'
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Company warns security flaw could give hackers 'complete control'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'