Day In a Page
Monday, 28 April 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Meredith Kercher killing: Kercher and Knox had fight over money on night of the British student's death, says Italian court
- Tube strike 2014: Save the Children's sobering tweet to first world problems
- East Midlands Airport shut down after cargo jet's landing gear fails
- Ukip MEP Roger Helmer: People should be able to dislike homosexuality like they do different types of tea
- Tube strike map April 2014: Which lines will be closed? And when will it go on until?
- Tube strike 2014: Boris Johnson launches furious attack on 'narrow minded union barons' and brands 48-hour walkout 'mad'
- Houblon £50 note to be withdrawn by Bank of England in fraud crackdown
- Hundreds of children over the age of 5 are sent to school wearing nappies - and teenagers as old as 15 can't use the toilet on their own
- Beyonce ‘harms children’ and is ‘part of the problem’ with black teenage pregnancy, claims US TV host Bill O’Reilly
- Rihanna sued by former head of security over claims that she made ‘nauseatingly offensive’ comments about him
- George Clooney resigns from United Nations peacekeeping role because he’s just too busy
- Max Clifford guilty: Simon Cowell is first high profile client to disassociate himself from publicist after he is ‘horrified’ at teenage sexual assault verdict
- Lily Allen explains return to music: Sheezus star missed ‘free clothes and handbags’
- George Clooney engaged: Actor’s mum confirms ‘happy news’, as Amal Alamuddin’s chambers break ranks to release statement
- Rupert Everett on prostitutes and social cleansing: ‘It's important Soho doesn't lose its rough edges’
- Billy Connolly reacted to Parkinson’s and prostate cancer double diagnosis by blowing a raspberry and remaining 'business-like'
- Robbie Williams and wife Ayda Field expecting second baby: Those left nauseous after ‘we’re practising’ overshare can finally stop worrying
- Gordon Ramsay’s hair nightmare: How the star chef’s questionable new ‘do obscured Victoria Beckham’s entire 40th birthday party
- Paul Simon and wife arrested and charged over alleged domestic abuse
- Hitler's maid on living with the Fuhrer: He loved midnight cake, lie-ins and tea from porcelain china cups
- George Clooney engaged: Who is Amal Alamuddin and how did she tie down Hollywood's most eligible bachelor, who swore off marriage for good?
- Stephen Fry boycotts Brunei-owned hotel chain The Dorchester Collection after country passes ‘stone the gays’ law
- Ed Balls distances himself from Ed Balls Day by refusing to tweet 'Ed Balls'
- JK Rowling discusses her mother’s fight with multiple sclerosis: 'She never knew about Harry Potter'
- Damon Albarn on the great class divide: ‘I was never gonna beat Noel Gallagher in a war of words’
- DJ Rashad Harden dead: Dance producer and footwork pioneer found dead in his apartment aged 35
- Dishevelled Richard Gere is mistaken for a homeless man as a French tourist offers him leftover pizza
- Chris Martin on Gwyneth Paltrow 'uncoupling': 'If you can’t open yourself up, you can’t appreciate the wonder inside'
- Real-life Atlantis? The world's megacities that are sinking 10 times faster than water levels are rising
- Scientists find explanation for why women may seem more scared of mice than men
- Fertile women find classical musicians more attractive, study finds
- Solar eclipse in Australia: Where to see the partial solar eclipse (including livestreams)
- How to see clearly without glasses using a simple trick
- Connie Marrero: Pitcher who became one of Cuban baseball’s most successful exports to the United States in his thirties
- Jimmy Murakami: Director best known for his adaptations of two Raymond Briggs books, ‘The Snowman’ and ‘Where the Wind Blows’
- Dorothea von Schwanenfluegel Lawson: Author whose acclaimed memoir told of the humour that helped Germans cope with life under Adolf Hitler
- Tito Vilanova: Footballer and coach who with Pep Guardiola oversaw the most successful era in the history of FC Barcelona
- Miloslav Kratochvil Bitton: Military officer who fought as one of "The Rats of Tobruk" and went on to fly Spitfires protecting Lancaster bombers
- Régine Marie Deforges: Erotic writer who fell foul of the authorities and became the first woman to own a publishing house in France
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Vince Cable won’t apologise – but at least he could reveal all
- #Weareallmonkeys: Can a picture of a banana fight racism?
- Talk to the trees, Boris
- Talking Points: Johnny Borrell and where not to eat dinner
- A prisoner rehabilitation programme in Peterborough seemed to be working. Now it's been cut
- Why are female students doing so much worse than men at Oxford?
- Grace Dent: Is this what Ukip thinks we secretly think? That Lenny Henry should go and live in a ‘black country’? It’s time to fight back
- Grace Dent: How fitting that Max Clifford ended up at the centre of a story that he had no control over
- It would help the Tories to lose the 2015 general election
- Inside Whitehall: A sober look at costs led to the alcohol price U-turn
- So why isn’t it racist when other parties talk about controlling immigration?
- A huge UK-based company is the subject of a takeover by an even bigger US-based company. Should we be worried?
- Nigel Farage: My response to Barbara Roche
- Max Clifford guilty verdict: To inflict suffering and feel no shame - that is the mystery of men like this
- World's 50 best restaurants list: food isn't the only ingredient to judge
- David Miliband on Yemen: A forgotten crisis in the Arab world’s poorest country
- Avril Lavigne's ‘Hello Kitty’ and the stereotypes of Japanese women
- High time to end this immoral drugs war
- Nature Studies: The Madagascar orchid and the extraordinary moth that goes with it
- Virginia Ironside's dilemmas: My girlfriend is punctual when it comes to work, but never on time for anything else
- In sickness and in health: My ICU experience said everything about humanity
- i Editor's Letter: After the terrible murder of Ann Maguire, what can be done to protect teachers from violence?
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Jonathan Trott drops in and shows signs of making 'encouraging' progress
- The Light Roller: A present-day Test World XI would give past greats a run for their money
- Warwickshire 263 & 152 Nottinghamshire 116 & 126-3: Nottinghamshire may be forced to pay heavily for pitch demons
- Ian Herbert: Michael Vaughan, so quick to judge, now needs to apologise to Jonathan Trott
- County Championship round-up: Yorkshire's Gary Ballance the first to reach 500 runs for the season
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Destiny: Everything you need to know about Bungie's hyped "shared world shooter"
- MacBook Air update: Apple adds Haswell chips and drops prices by £100 across the board
- The Twitter effect: Why using social media too much can lead to divorce
- Google's self-driving cars are now tackling street driving, but are they too wimpy?
- Tube strike: Free iPhone and Android apps that will help you beat the chaos
- Raspberry Pi used to create £90 smartphone
- Microsoft enters a new era after purchase of Nokia, promises 'we're not like everybody else'
- Code Babes: Programming site that 'leverages sexual desire' sparks outrage online
- An end to car washes? Nissan unveils 'world's first self-cleaning car'
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Company warns security flaw could give hackers 'complete control'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver allegedly kicks gay couple off for kissing
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Lynda Bellingham dead: Loose Women presenter dies after battle with colon cancer