Day In a Page
Tuesday, 13 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Andrew Lloyd Webber defends Gary Barlow and reveals tax-reduction scheme that went up in smoke
- Helena Bonham Carter asked Prince William to be the godfather of her child. He said no.
- Patrick Stewart's singer wife Sunny Ozell employs him as her 'merch b***h'
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is 30... and it will make you feel very, very old
- Stephen Sutton dies: David Cameron and Ricky Gervais lead tributes to fundraising teenager who lost his battle with cancer
- Stephen Sutton's legacy: donations to JustGiving page reach £3.5m a day after his death
- Reggie Kray’s wife Frances Shea’s diaries: Drunken abuse, weapons and constant isolation
- Solange ‘attacks’ Jay Z: Beyonce responds to sibling fall-out reports with four-post Instagram spree
- Stephen Sutton: How a teenager touched our hearts – and raised over £3m for charity
- Chris Martin and Alexa Chung: Single Coldplay frontman denies romance with model after provocative milkshake incident
- Justin Bieber accused of attempted robbery after delving into woman’s bag and taking her phone
- Solange 'attacks' Jay Z in a lift: Pair seen shopping for jewellery, as more rumours circulate over that lift conversation
- Malik Bendjelloul: Searching for Sugar Man director dies aged 36
- Stephen Sutton: Fundraising teenager's health has 'deteriorated' according to his family
- Alec Baldwin arrested and handcuffed for riding his bike the wrong way in New York
- Moises Arias and Willow Smith's provocative bed shot recreated by brother Jaden Smith and Kylie Jenner
- Hillary Clinton on losing her mother: The first excerpt from her autobiography Hard Choices
- Russell Brand tells students: 'Don't take A-level exams seriously'
- Katie Hopkins: 'Susanna Reid is like a deer. She doesn't know whether to freeze, leg it or have a quiet wee down her leg in fear'
- Casey Kasem missing: Investigation launched into location of American radio show host
- What Jay Z really said to Solange… According to the internet
- Paul Walker crash: Wife of driver Roger Rodas sues Porsche for negligence and wrongful death
- H R Giger: Alien artist and designer dies aged 74
- Caroline Aherne battling lung cancer: Royle Family actress supporting £3.4m bid to improve Manchester care
- Peaches Geldof's home targeted by thieves twice since her death
- Cilla Black: I’d rather die at 75 than suffer pain like my mother
- Dumped for a younger model? Alan Titchmarsh 'not bitter' over being replaced as face of the Chelsea Flower Show
- National Geographic's Genographic Project is helping people to trace their family tree back 60,000 years to the Neanderthals
- World's oldest sperm discovered: 17-million-year-old cell is longer than its creator
- Incredible Nasa footage shows a 'hole in the Sun' that's bigger than Jupiter
- How to live longer: Find your purpose in life
- The Milky Way's magnetic fingerprint could help reveal the history of the universe
- 'Unstoppable' glacial collapse in west Antarctica will lead to metres' rise in global sea levels
- Charles Marowitz: Iconoclastic director who founded the Open Space Theatre and kick-started the careers of many fine actors and writers
- Malik Bendjelloul: Director who won Sweden's first Oscar for 30 years, and a Bafta, for his documentary 'Searching For Sugar Man'
- Jock Davidson: Footballer who overcame three leg-breaks early in his career to become a bulwark of Hull City's defence
- HR Giger: Artist hailed for his surrealistic creatures in nightmare landscapes who won an Oscar for his work on 'Alien'
- Ingeborg Wells: Actress and singer who was a star in Hitler's Germany before continuing her career in postwar Britain
- Antony Hopkins: Composer and broadcaster whose engaging delivery made 'Talking About Music' a success for 36 years
- Marty Thau: Producer, manager and label owner who was best known for bringing the New York Dolls to Britain
- Professor Gerald Guralnik: Physicist regarded as one of the originators of the ideas confirmed by the discovery last year of the Higgs boson
- William Ash: Spitfire pilot widely thought to be the inspiration for Steve McQueen's character, Virgil Hilts, in 'The Great Escape'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- With immigration and jobs, it pays to always stick to the facts
- Dave's ‘24 Hours to Go Broke’ is dangerously irresponsible
- La Perla removes mannequin with protruding ribs: if beauty comes in all sizes, why does fashion force-feed us skinny?
- Disappearing act: how easy is it to clean up after yourself on Google?
- Bribes can never be unavoidable costs
- If you’ve committed a serious crime, or even a gaffe, then the proof should remain on Google. This ruling is a licence for censorship
- Hollywood protest at Sultan has heart in right place
- Running into an early grave? So what? I run to feel smug - not healthy
- PMQs: Why didn't Miliband probe Cameron on the NHS? Waffling on about Pfizer won't help the polls
- RIP Stephen Sutton – an inspirational teenager, who harnessed the very best of his generation
- Our tax money is not for the creation of party spin
- Women can abuse women too
- Does Thailand’s democracy have a future?
- We should be thankful the ECJ is sticking up for our ‘right to forget’
- Giving birth at home? Idealise it all you like, but it’s still a crazy choice
- Solange 'attacks' Jay Z: This was a private family incident - and we shouldn't be joking about it
- Life goes on for the man caught in a political sex scandal - while the woman is forever stuck in time
- The Bring Back Our Girls Campaign is working: Boko Haram should be scared of a hashtag
- i Editor's Letter: Claudia Lawrence's colleague arrested on suspicion of murder
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Giro d'Italia 2014: Ben Swift's bold break runs out of steam but makes some points
- Tour of California 2014: Bradley Wiggins sees lead cut after stage three
- Marcel Kittel selfie: David McCarthy apologises for taking picture with collapsed cyclist
- Giro d'Italia 2014: Double stage winner Marcel Kittel forced to pull out of tour after suffering a fever
- Tour of California: Sir Bradley Wiggins takes overall lead as 2012 Tour de France winner claims stage 2 time trial victory
- Michael Carberry is forgiven as England opt for continuity
- Riki Wessels puts foot down to add to sluggish Northants' agony
- Jack Brooks and Tim Bresnan put rampant Yorkshire back on the summit
- The Light Roller: IPL's appeal is boosted by big hitting and free-to-air TV coverage
- Michael Carberry included in both Twenty20 and ODI England squads
- Andrew Flintoff return: Former Ashes hero in talks to play for Lancashire in this season's T20 Blast
- Ian Bell awaits Twenty20 decision as the Peter Moore's era clicks in to gear
- Cricket roundup: Eoin Morgan makes an unbeaten 76 for Middlesex to help his Test chances
- Yorkshire 444 Warwickshire 136-6: Plundering Liam Plunkett makes a strong case for England recall
- County Championship round-up: Graeme Smith's maiden century guides Surrey to victory
- County Championship round-up: Eoin Morgan hits first century for Middlesex in five years
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- US Navy creates ultra-secure e-reader for reading Jane Austen in a submarine
- Google Glass on sale to "anyone" in the US
- Microsoft drops Kinect from Xbox One to match Sony's PS4 on price
- From Land's End to John O'Groats: Google Maps adds UK-wide public transport data
- Killer robots should be banned 'before it is too late', warns Human Rights Watch
- Motorola launches £89 smartphone to 'kill the dumbphone'
- BlackBerry launches low-cost "Jakarta Edition" smartphone aimed exclusively at Indonesia
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 New route to Mars could make manned mission much cheaper and easier