Day In a Page
Tuesday, 13 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Andrew Lloyd Webber defends Gary Barlow and reveals tax-reduction scheme that went up in smoke
- Helena Bonham Carter asked Prince William to be the godfather of her child. He said no.
- Patrick Stewart's singer wife Sunny Ozell employs him as her 'merch b***h'
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is 30... and it will make you feel very, very old
- Stephen Sutton dies: David Cameron and Ricky Gervais lead tributes to fundraising teenager who lost his battle with cancer
- Stephen Sutton's legacy: donations to JustGiving page reach £3.5m a day after his death
- Reggie Kray’s wife Frances Shea’s diaries: Drunken abuse, weapons and constant isolation
- Solange ‘attacks’ Jay Z: Beyonce responds to sibling fall-out reports with four-post Instagram spree
- Stephen Sutton: How a teenager touched our hearts – and raised over £3m for charity
- Chris Martin and Alexa Chung: Single Coldplay frontman denies romance with model after provocative milkshake incident
- Justin Bieber accused of attempted robbery after delving into woman’s bag and taking her phone
- Solange 'attacks' Jay Z in a lift: Pair seen shopping for jewellery, as more rumours circulate over that lift conversation
- Malik Bendjelloul: Searching for Sugar Man director dies aged 36
- Stephen Sutton: Fundraising teenager's health has 'deteriorated' according to his family
- Alec Baldwin arrested and handcuffed for riding his bike the wrong way in New York
- Moises Arias and Willow Smith's provocative bed shot recreated by brother Jaden Smith and Kylie Jenner
- Hillary Clinton on losing her mother: The first excerpt from her autobiography Hard Choices
- Russell Brand tells students: 'Don't take A-level exams seriously'
- Katie Hopkins: 'Susanna Reid is like a deer. She doesn't know whether to freeze, leg it or have a quiet wee down her leg in fear'
- Casey Kasem missing: Investigation launched into location of American radio show host
- What Jay Z really said to Solange… According to the internet
- Paul Walker crash: Wife of driver Roger Rodas sues Porsche for negligence and wrongful death
- H R Giger: Alien artist and designer dies aged 74
- Caroline Aherne battling lung cancer: Royle Family actress supporting £3.4m bid to improve Manchester care
- Peaches Geldof's home targeted by thieves twice since her death
- Cilla Black: I’d rather die at 75 than suffer pain like my mother
- Dumped for a younger model? Alan Titchmarsh 'not bitter' over being replaced as face of the Chelsea Flower Show
- National Geographic's Genographic Project is helping people to trace their family tree back 60,000 years to the Neanderthals
- World's oldest sperm discovered: 17-million-year-old cell is longer than its creator
- Incredible Nasa footage shows a 'hole in the Sun' that's bigger than Jupiter
- How to live longer: Find your purpose in life
- The Milky Way's magnetic fingerprint could help reveal the history of the universe
- 'Unstoppable' glacial collapse in west Antarctica will lead to metres' rise in global sea levels
- Charles Marowitz: Iconoclastic director who founded the Open Space Theatre and kick-started the careers of many fine actors and writers
- Malik Bendjelloul: Director who won Sweden's first Oscar for 30 years, and a Bafta, for his documentary 'Searching For Sugar Man'
- Jock Davidson: Footballer who overcame three leg-breaks early in his career to become a bulwark of Hull City's defence
- Ingeborg Wells: Actress and singer who was a star in Hitler's Germany before continuing her career in postwar Britain
- HR Giger: Artist hailed for his surrealistic creatures in nightmare landscapes who won an Oscar for his work on 'Alien'
- Antony Hopkins: Composer and broadcaster whose engaging delivery made 'Talking About Music' a success for 36 years
- William Ash: Spitfire pilot widely thought to be the inspiration for Steve McQueen's character, Virgil Hilts, in 'The Great Escape'
- Professor Gerald Guralnik: Physicist regarded as one of the originators of the ideas confirmed by the discovery last year of the Higgs boson
- Marty Thau: Producer, manager and label owner who was best known for bringing the New York Dolls to Britain
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- With immigration and jobs, it pays to always stick to the facts
- Dave's ‘24 Hours to Go Broke’ is dangerously irresponsible
- La Perla removes mannequin with protruding ribs: if beauty comes in all sizes, why does fashion force-feed us skinny?
- Disappearing act: how easy is it to clean up after yourself on Google?
- Bribes can never be unavoidable costs
- If you’ve committed a serious crime, or even a gaffe, then the proof should remain on Google. This ruling is a licence for censorship
- Hollywood protest at Sultan has heart in right place
- Running into an early grave? So what? I run to feel smug - not healthy
- PMQs: Why didn't Miliband probe Cameron on the NHS? Waffling on about Pfizer won't help the polls
- RIP Stephen Sutton – an inspirational teenager, who harnessed the very best of his generation
- Our tax money is not for the creation of party spin
- Women can abuse women too
- Does Thailand’s democracy have a future?
- We should be thankful the ECJ is sticking up for our ‘right to forget’
- Giving birth at home? Idealise it all you like, but it’s still a crazy choice
- Solange 'attacks' Jay Z: This was a private family incident - and we shouldn't be joking about it
- Life goes on for the man caught in a political sex scandal - while the woman is forever stuck in time
- The Bring Back Our Girls Campaign is working: Boko Haram should be scared of a hashtag
- i Editor's Letter: Claudia Lawrence's colleague arrested on suspicion of murder
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Giro d'Italia 2014: Ben Swift's bold break runs out of steam but makes some points
- Tour of California 2014: Bradley Wiggins sees lead cut after stage three
- Marcel Kittel selfie: David McCarthy apologises for taking picture with collapsed cyclist
- Giro d'Italia 2014: Double stage winner Marcel Kittel forced to pull out of tour after suffering a fever
- Tour of California: Sir Bradley Wiggins takes overall lead as 2012 Tour de France winner claims stage 2 time trial victory
- Michael Carberry is forgiven as England opt for continuity
- Riki Wessels puts foot down to add to sluggish Northants' agony
- Jack Brooks and Tim Bresnan put rampant Yorkshire back on the summit
- The Light Roller: IPL's appeal is boosted by big hitting and free-to-air TV coverage
- Michael Carberry included in both Twenty20 and ODI England squads
- Andrew Flintoff return: Former Ashes hero in talks to play for Lancashire in this season's T20 Blast
- Ian Bell awaits Twenty20 decision as the Peter Moore's era clicks in to gear
- Cricket roundup: Eoin Morgan makes an unbeaten 76 for Middlesex to help his Test chances
- Yorkshire 444 Warwickshire 136-6: Plundering Liam Plunkett makes a strong case for England recall
- County Championship round-up: Graeme Smith's maiden century guides Surrey to victory
- County Championship round-up: Eoin Morgan hits first century for Middlesex in five years
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- US Navy creates ultra-secure e-reader for reading Jane Austen in a submarine
- Google Glass on sale to "anyone" in the US
- Microsoft drops Kinect from Xbox One to match Sony's PS4 on price
- From Land's End to John O'Groats: Google Maps adds UK-wide public transport data
- Killer robots should be banned 'before it is too late', warns Human Rights Watch
- Motorola launches £89 smartphone to 'kill the dumbphone'
- BlackBerry launches low-cost "Jakarta Edition" smartphone aimed exclusively at Indonesia
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Why are UK rail fares so expensive?
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'