Day In a Page
Monday, 5 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ellen DeGeneres and Jay Leno boycott Beverly Hills Hotel over Sultan’s anti-gay stance
- Roger Federer's wife Mirka gives birth to second set of twins
- Monica Lewinsky breaks decade of silence over affair with Bill Clinton: 'It's time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress'
- Why Alan Bennett rejected being ‘labelled gay’: ‘I didn't want to be put in a pigeonhole’
- Russell Brand and Dizzee Rascal to feature in new English language and literature A-level
- Prince William flies economy: Future king flies home from friend Guy Pelly's wedding like the rest of us
- Liam Gallagher 'lovechild' legal dispute: Oasis frontman appears in court
- Extreme 'celebrity' diets: Beyonce, Marilyn Monroe and the most ludicrous weight loss plans ever survived
- Lily Allen resumes therapy: 'I sometimes need someone to tell me I’m not a bad person'
- Bear Grylls: ‘Children should be allowed to play with knives’
- When Corden Met Barlow: Gary Barlow speaks in depth about his stillborn daughter for the first time
- Jeremy Clarkson divorce: Top Gear presenter’s first wife Alex Hall wishes second wife good luck ‘ Frances deserves every penny’
- Met Ball Gala 2014: The outfit US Vogue editor Anna Wintour thankfully banned Madonna from wearing
- Did James Packer and David Gyngell, heavyweight Australian businessmen, square up over Miranda Kerr?
- Michael Alig released from prison: Infamous Club Kids ‘Party Monster’ convicted of murdering and dismembering roommate freed
- Hayden Panettiere and Wladimir Klitschko put wedding on hold due to civil unrest in Ukraine
- Dennis Rodman: 'Kim Jong-un did not have his uncle and ex-girlfriend executed'
- Chris Tarrant on suffering stroke: ‘I tried to call my wife because I thought I was going to die'
- Stephen Sutton: Teenage cancer sufferer responds to claims he 'duped' fundraisers with sudden recovery
- Jeremy Clarkson racism: Top Gear presenter’s week of hell continues with rumours Frances, his wife of 21 years, is divorcing him
- Peaches Geldof’s sister Fifi Trixibelle engaged: PR executive announces plans to marry busker days after Sir Bob Geldof’s engagement
- Professor Gary Becker: Nobel laureate who led the way in applying economic analysis to studying human behaviour and interactions
- Elena Baltacha: Tennis player who overcame chronic illness and back pain to reach world No 49 and spend 132 weeks as British No 1
- Efrem Zimbalist Jr : Actor who made his name as a suave private detective in '77 Sunset Strip' and a federal agent in 'The FBI'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Who are Boko Haram? The Islamist group that thrives on Nigeria’s opaque system
- There is such a thing as a positive abortion story
- 'Look Up' if you must, but the viral video is cloying, reductionist rubbish
- Would you have sex with a robot?
- Hopes for a less divided nation
- Crossing the Ukraine border makes little sense for Vladimir Putin's troops
- The spectre of Wordsworth shouldn't stop us building on the green belt
- Nature Studies: Isn’t it time the BBC broadcast the song of the nightingale again?
- Despite appearances, it’s Miliband, not Farage, who’s breaking with tradition and upsetting the status quo
- Virginia Ironside's dilemmas: I can't deal with my neighbour's problems
- Grace Dent: Cressida's better off without the pressure that comes with dating a prince
- Grace Dent: If Morrisons understands the region so well, what the hell is it doing despoiling Antony Gormley’s ‘Angel of the North’?
- i Editor's Letter: Our judicial system must learn to separate fact from fiction in rape trials
- i Editor's Letter: A model of conflict resolution
- A US report offers a stark warning to the sceptical public
- Our job market is in flux. A rise in self-employment poses both threats and dangers to Britain’s economic future
- The response to Boko Haram must be internally led
- The increasing divisions between young and old – both political and economic – bode ill for UK democracy
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Elena Baltacha dead: Former British No1 tennis player dies of liver cancer aged 30 – just two months after revealing condition
- Judy Murray’s tribute to ‘gem’ Elena Baltacha
- Elena Baltacha dead: Andy Murray 'heartbroken' as tributes pour in
- Elena Baltacha: Her natural talent may have been limited, but kindness to others knew no bounds
- Elena Baltacha dead: Factfile of the former British number one
- Elena Baltacha dead: Tributes pour in for tennis star who has died of liver cancer, aged 30
- Elena Baltacha dead: 'Rally for Bally' fundraiser to go ahead as Ross Hutchins pays tribute
- Elena Baltacha dies of liver cancer at the age of 30
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- What's after Facebook? Oculus Rift CEO says he wants a virtual world with a billion users
- The iDoctor will see you now? Apple goes on biomedecine hiring spree
- The NSA tweeted a mysterious coded message - here's why they did it and what it means
- Look Up video: ‘Life-changing’ film about quitting social media ironically goes viral with tweets from Andy Murray and Jordin Sparks
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Students breathe sigh of relief as lecturers' marking boycott is called off
- Want to win the youth vote? Publish party manifestos on Twitter, say young people
- Students ‘kettle’ Universities Minister David Willetts' car in London
- Stem subjects are "dull and "boring" for teenagers, but they are vital for the economy
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'