Day In a Page
Thursday, 8 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Hugh Jackman reveals new skin cancer scare: ‘Please! Please! Wear Sunscreen!’
- Dr Dre the Beats billionaire: The rise of rap’s richest man, from Compton to a history-breaking Apple deal
- Reese Witherspoon and Cara Delevingne take top billing in all-star Instagram film set in a lift
- Lee Marshall, the voice of Tony the Tiger, dead: Kellogg’s actor dies from esophageal cancer
- Angelina Jolie on Nigerian schoolgirl kidnapping: ‘It’s because of this culture of impunity’
- Bob Geldof speaks publicly for the first time since Peaches Geldof’s death: 'Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapping is an excrescence of poverty'
- Jamie Oliver’s Barbecoa butcher's closes after inspectors find mouldy carcasses and mouse droppings
- Boris Johnson pens anti-depression poem: The Mayor of London’s ode about solving life’s problems
- Jean Kent dead: Actress killed after television fell on her as she suffered a heart attack
- Willow Smith and Moises Arias: Jada Pinkett Smith brands critics of daughter’s controversial bed picture ‘covert paedophiles’
- Lily Allen posts hospital ‘selfie’ as she’s admitted for mystery poisoning
- Rob Ford says ‘rehab is amazing’: Toronto Mayor compares treatment centre to ‘football camp’
- Kanye West and Future capture 'trophy women' with chains in 'sexist' video game 'I Won The Game'
- Russell Brand accepts libel damages from Sun on Sunday after paper claimed he cheated on girlfriend Jemima Khan
- Angelina Jolie on drugs and vials of blood: ‘You’re trying to find out who you are’
- Colin Pillinger dead: Planetary scientist known for Britain's Beagle 2 Mars mission, dies aged 70
- Bruce Willis becomes a father for the fifth time – meaning he now has as many children as Die Hard movies
- Andy Murray pays tribute to Elena Baltacha: Tennis ace dedicates victory over Nicolas Almagro by signing camera ‘Bally’
- James Blake mansion fire: Four dead in blaze at house owned by tennis star
- Sir William Benyon: Conservative MP whose personal loyalty to Margaret Thatcher did not prevent him from taking on the Party
- Professor Colin Pillinger obituary: Scientist who became the public face of ‘Beagle 2’, the unsuccessful British mission to land a spacecraft on Mars
- Sir George Christie: Opera manager who carried on the work of his father in making Glyndebourne a magical venue for music
- Leslie Thomas obituary: Barnardo’s boy who became a reporter then drew on his National Service experience to write ‘The Virgin Soldiers’
- Barbara Fiske Calhoun obituary: Wartime cartoonist who dropped out and founded what was a hippie commune decades ahead of its time
- Sheikh Nazim: Leading figure of Sufism who became recognised as one of the world's foremost scholars of the Islamic faith
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Errors and Omissions: Toronto, Newfoundland – they’re quite close, right?
- Children have a lot to learn about the consequences of knife crime, and school is the best place to start
- Critics of capitalism only serve to reinforce it
- If we call Clarkson racist, what word do we use for Boko Haram?
- Nagging kills: Let's stop it
- Labour's Uncredible Shrinking Man isn't the worst political broadcast, but one of many
- Mark Steel: The popular idea that all parties are the same is nonsense. But what voters yearn for is politicians with conviction, soul and humanity
- Jumping on the #bringbackourgirls bandwagon won't help Nigeria or stop Boko Haram
- The Premier League: a tale without romance
- The tradition of philanthropy has seemingly died out in the UK
- A phobia app won't cure my fear of spiders – I can't even look at pictures of them
- Why aren't employers hiring older women?
- Halal meat at Pizza Express: Animal rights come before religion
- i Editor's Letter: An ode to an improbable hero
- i Editor's Letter: Your suggestions for improving i
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Players Championship: Martin Kaymer stretches lead but Adam Scott's bid to be No 1 falters
- Players Championship 2014: Martin Kaymer storms into early lead after German equals TPC Sawgrass course record with a nine-under-par 63
- Players Championship: Lee Westwood overcomes rare early start to move into contention
- British passport would qualify import Aljaz Bedene for Davis Cup
- Madrid Masters: Surprise defeat to Santiago Giraldo dents Andy Murray's French Open hopes
- Madrid Masters: Andy Murray crashes out in third-round after straight-sets defeat to Colombia's Santiago Giraldo
- Madrid Open: Rafael Nadal gets back to winning ways with victory over Juan Monaco
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Snapchat 'deceived users' over disappearing messages, says US government
- If Apple buys Beats Electronics for $3.2bn, will Dr Dre become hip hop's first billionaire?
- A new social media worry? Perfect engagement selfies 'require hand lifts'
- 'Windows Vista and Windows 7 more at risk than XP,' report Microsoft
- Pricey headphones: Apple reportedly looking to buy Dr Dre's Beats Electronics for $3.2bn
- Brazilian kids learn English through heart-warming webcam chats with retired Americans
- Uber: London's black cabs plan 'severe chaos' for capital in protest against taxi app
- 'Flying 3D printers' could make disaster zones safe by sealing up nuclear waste
- Nintendo continues to swear off smartphones - promises 'new consoles' instead
- Nintendo says 'no' to gay relationships in its best-selling 'life simulator'
- Met Police Officers to trial 500 body cameras designed to 'speed up justice'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'