Day In a Page
Friday, 9 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Chris Brown sentenced to 131 days in jail
- Take That: Gary Barlow and other former boy band members face repaying tens of millions of pounds of avoided tax
- Hugh Jackman reveals new skin cancer scare: ‘Please! Please! Wear Sunscreen!’
- Dr Dre the Beats billionaire: The rise of rap’s richest man, from Compton to a history-breaking Apple deal
- Reese Witherspoon and Cara Delevingne take top billing in all-star Instagram film set in a lift
- Lee Marshall, the voice of Tony the Tiger, dead: Kellogg’s actor dies from esophageal cancer
- Angelina Jolie on Nigerian schoolgirl kidnapping: ‘It’s because of this culture of impunity’
- Bob Geldof speaks publicly for the first time since Peaches Geldof’s death: 'Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapping is an excrescence of poverty'
- Jamie Oliver’s Barbecoa butcher's closes after inspectors find mouldy carcasses and mouse droppings
- Sir William Benyon: Conservative MP whose personal loyalty to Margaret Thatcher did not prevent him from taking on the Party
- Professor Colin Pillinger obituary: Scientist who became the public face of ‘Beagle 2’, the unsuccessful British mission to land a spacecraft on Mars
- Sir George Christie: Opera manager who carried on the work of his father in making Glyndebourne a magical venue for music
- Leslie Thomas obituary: Barnardo’s boy who became a reporter then drew on his National Service experience to write ‘The Virgin Soldiers’
- Barbara Fiske Calhoun obituary: Wartime cartoonist who dropped out and founded what was a hippie commune decades ahead of its time
- Sheikh Nazim: Leading figure of Sufism who became recognised as one of the world's foremost scholars of the Islamic faith
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Errors and Omissions: Toronto, Newfoundland – they’re quite close, right?
- Children have a lot to learn about the consequences of knife crime, and school is the best place to start
- Critics of capitalism only serve to reinforce it
- If we call Clarkson racist, what word do we use for Boko Haram?
- Nagging kills: Let's stop it
- Labour's Uncredible Shrinking Man isn't the worst political broadcast, but one of many
- i Editor's Letter: An ode to an improbable hero
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Laura Trott vows to race on after crash but Dan Martin's Giro d'Italia is brutally cut short
- Sport on TV: More than just a diversion, the Women’s Tour paves the way
- Friends Life Women's Tour 2014: Tragedy turns Emma Trott off the road
- Giro d'Italia 2014: Marcel Kittel triumphs in perfectly controlled sprint finish to clinch Stage 2 in Belfast
- Ian Bell shines in Scottish gloom to keep England from more woe
- Eye on the County Championship: Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together?
- Denesh Ramdin appointed West Indies Test captain as Darren Sammy retires to focus on leading the Twenty20 team
- England can get back on top, says Ian Bell
- TPC Sawgrass: Rory McIlroy could be out on his own if he could negotiate the front-nine, but instead he starts Sunday 12 shots off leader Martin Kaymer
- Players Championship: Martin Kaymer stretches lead but Adam Scott's bid to be No 1 falters
- Players Championship 2014: Martin Kaymer storms into early lead after German equals TPC Sawgrass course record with a nine-under-par 63
- Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton sets scorching pace as Red Bull run into more trouble
- Spanish Grand Prix qualifying: Lewis Hamilton triumphs in ongoing intra-team Mercedes duel as gearbox issues see Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel grind to a halt
- F1: Caterham axe technical director Mark Smith in attempt to address disastrous start to 2014 season
- F1: Nico Rosberg pips Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in final practice to set-up tense Spanish Grand Prix qualifying session
- F1: Lewis Hamilton proves a cut above the rest as Sebastian Vettel watches on from the paddock following reliability failure
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Snapchat 'deceived users' over disappearing messages, says US government
- If Apple buys Beats Electronics for $3.2bn, will Dr Dre become hip hop's first billionaire?
- A new social media worry? Perfect engagement selfies 'require hand lifts'
- 'Windows Vista and Windows 7 more at risk than XP,' report Microsoft
- Pricey headphones: Apple reportedly looking to buy Dr Dre's Beats Electronics for $3.2bn
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Let me ask you this: 'Why do you need to turn off devices before a plane takes off or lands?'
- Simon Calder: Why the biggest plane in the world isn't right for the busiest route
- My life in travel: Craig Charles
- Travel agenda: From Camper's new sunglasses to English Wine Week and Tenerife Walking Festival
- Travel challenge: A Californian road trip
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Banks told to stop treating customers like zombies
- Derek Pain: The tiddlers perform well, but perhaps it's time to add weight
- Donald MacInnes: Ireland does it her own way when the local undertaker passes on
- Simon Read: It's you who set the agenda for what appears in this paper
- Simon Read: TSB's 'fairytale' local image comes under fire
- Simon Read: Should our mutual friends really be paid so much more money each year than the Prime Minister?
- Mark Dampier: Don't let dividends become an obsession in equity income funds
- Bargain hunter: 'Quad-plan' deals on broadband, TV, landline and mobile packages
- Money Insider: Football credit cards can be an own goal
- Questions of Cash: Virgin Media kept charging us after we'd cancelled our contract
- Protesters form united front against Centrica
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster