Day In a Page
Thursday, 19 June 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Tracy Morgan crash: Actor moved to rehabilitation facility
- Joey Essex: 'I wouldn't visit favelas on a holiday with the boys'
- Lana Del Rey angrily responds to ‘I wish I was dead’ quote: Singer unleashes impassioned Twitter rant
- Louise Redknapp criticises the term Wags: 'I don't feel it's ever used in a positive way'
- Riz Ahmed received racist abuse from fellow England fan during World Cup game
- Pitbull given honorary degree: A surprising achievement for the rapper
- Willow Smith 'keeps 10 snakes in her bedroom': Brother calls them his 'girlfriends'
- Cheryl Cole admits that her distinctive floral tattoo cost her the equivalent of a 'small car'
- Brad Pitt attacker Vitalii Sediuk refuses to say sorry: 'He has everything you can imagine. And I'm cleaning toilets?'
- Jack Dee 'rude' jokes prompted BBC 'discussion' but comedian did not threaten to leave his radio show
- Annie Leibovitz responds to Kanye bashing: 'I'm not known for doing weddings'
- Jeremy Clarkson to Nelson Mandela: ‘Have you ever had a lap dance?’
- Rihanna turns lively football pundit for England v Uruguay World Cup match: 'Man they know better than to give Suarez that much room'
- Ian Wright burgled: Knife-wielding robbers stole pundit’s MBE
- Gerry Goffin dies: 'Natural Woman' songwriter aged dies 75
- Peaches Geldof's final interview: The socialite on fame, heroin and people's expectations that she would die like her mother Paula Yates
- Man About Town: Critics given a taste of their own...
- World Cup 2014: Neymar is Brazil's golden boy but who is the man behind the ball?
- Harrison Ford: Star Wars 7 actor 'broke his leg' in accident on set
- Julian Assange gives life advice on Reddit: How not to ‘feel helpless, overwhelmed and small’
- Michael Schumacher latest: F1 legend ‘will remain an invalid for the rest of his life’
- Rik Mayall funeral: Family and friends mourn The Young Ones comedian at 'private' service
- Boris Johnson celebrates his 50th birthday: His most unforgettable quotes
- Sandra Bullock's 'stalker' charged
- Dappy found guilty: Former N-Dubz singer fined £800 for nightclub assault
- One Direction's Louis Tomlinson completes Doncaster takeover
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on Paul Walker death: ‘I started bawling’
- Horace Silver, jazz musician and composer, dies aged 85
- Jeremy Paxman interviewed by Jon Snow: 'Twitter is for people with nothing going on between their ears'
- Michael Jace pleads not guilty to murdering his wife: The Shield actor ordered to stay away from his children
- Dappy in court: Former N-Dubz singer was 'scared' he would be stabbed
- Rik Mayall funeral: Comedian’s family will pay tribute today at 'private' service
- Ian Wright flies home from World Cup after knife-wielding burglars tell his wife 'we'll cut off your kids' fingers'
- US anthrax scare: 86 people possibly exposed to deadly bacteria after scientists' blunder
- 'Stand up for three hours and live two years longer,' says top UK medical consultant
- Food really does taste better when it looks good, scientists claim
- Tanning can be 'addictive', new study claims
- Thought-controlled robotic suits: How the first cyborg-type robot could help the physically challenged
- Broccoli sprouts help the body expel air pollutants such as benzene, say scientists
- Why do your earphones get tangled in your pocket? Science has the answer
- European Extremely Large Telescope to break ground (using dynamite) live later today
- Fish-eating spiders that eat prey twice their size discovered across the world
- Daniel Keyes: Author whose science fiction story 'Flowers for Algernon' became a bestselling novel and an Oscar-winning film
- Lord Templeman: Law lord who helped fight tax avoidance and ruled against 'Spycatcher'
- Horace Silver: Trailblazing jazz pianist, composer and bandleader who led the way with Art Blakey in developing the hard bop style
- Gerry Goffin: Prolific songwriter whose work with his wife Carole King helped shape the course of popular music
- Kim Heungsou: Painter whose fusion of figurative and abstract forms made his name as 'the Picasso of Korea'
- Kevin Elyot: Playwright whose tender, witty piece 'My Night with Reg' captured the fears and anxieties of the age of Aids
- Anna Turner: Actress and singer whose eight-decade career took in work with Formby, Novello, Olivier, Evans and Spielberg
- Roger Ackling: Artist who concentrated the sun's rays on driftwood with a magnifying glass to make works of zen-like calm
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Errors and Omissions: Total desperation can lead to awkward sentences
- Why did Michael Fabricant say he wanted to punch me in the throat? In order to silence me
- Voices in Danger: The son of an assassinated sports journalist fights for justice in Brazil
- Ukip have ignited a bidding war on tough immigration policies
- Kill it, tweet it, eat it: Jeanette Winterson has got the right attitude to meat
- The art of political storytelling isn't lost on the Scots
- There's only one way to stop Glastonbury being taken over by the middle class - lower ticket prices
- Open theatres up to the public during the day, or abolish them
- A night at the ballet can teach you more about British values than any harebrained political campaign
- Language like Michael Fabricant’s is too often shrugged off and tolerated
- American Apparel's porntastic ads were just the icing on Dov Charney's sleaze cake
- It took 30 minutes to prove that Facebook equals the internet
- Despite new plans, Miliband isn't taking an axe to welfare
- When Facebook broke, users railed or mocked, but most kept refreshing their news feeds
- How to save punditry – ditch the footballers and choose at random from the electoral register
- Violence in Sri Lanka won't just kill tourism – it will sink the economy
- Ed Miliband's plan to cut benefits for young people is a risky swing to the right
- Diversity, not division, is the way forward in schools
- Louis Tomlinson is milking One Direction's fans to finance his football hobby
- David Cameron looks powerless on Europe. Can he salvage anything from Juncker-gate?
- Alan Bennett is wrong — it's state schools that need to change, not private schools
- Don't complain about gentrification unless you're willing to start a revolution
- Sorry box-set lovers, but British television is the best in the world
- An NHS boob job changed my life
- Letter from the Sports Editor: The World Cup is the greatest football tournament of them all
- Letter from the Assistant Editor: Urban dwellers getting green-fingered
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- England v Sri Lanka: Enough is enough - Alastair Cook bites back at Shane Warne’s snipes
- Liam Plunkett using all his experience to make the most of second chance with England
- England vs Sri Lanka Day One report: Bowlers overcome catalogue of blunders as England edge ahead
- England v Sri Lanka: Headingley's sporting surface will help us too, insists Angelo Mathews
- Cricket round-up: Jonathan Trott out for a single in surprise return for the Birmingham Bears
- Wimbledon 2014: Andy Murray in ‘better’ physical shape this year to enjoy challenge of title defence
- Wimbledon 2014: Heather Watson falls short but will race up rankings
- Ten years on: How Maria conquered Wimbledon
- Wimbledon 2014: Andy Murray in happy place as he prepares to begin defence of his crown
- Wimbledon targets China after Far East falls for Downton Abbey
- Wimbledon 2014: Maria Sharapova arrives at Pre-Wimbledon party in £700,000 Porsche, driven by Le Mans driver Mark Webber
- Wimbledon 2014: Andy Murray will start defence against David Goffin
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- BlackBerry's Passport smartphone is square
- Apple iWatch to come in 'multiple screen sizes' and with 'more than 10 sensors' - reports
- Google and Microsoft to introduce 'kill switch' features on smartphones to deter theft
- Harley-Davidson unveils the LiveWire - its first-ever electric motorcycle
- Amazon Fire Phone: Jeff Bezos surprises by being more practical than delightful
- Bitcoin leak: US government reveals list of bidders for $18 million in cryptocurrency seized from the Silk Road
- First transatlantic 'scent message' exchanged between New York City and Paris
- Facebook down: Twitter is up as users complain about social network outage
- Yo app: The new million dollar app that lets you send just one word to your friends: 'yo'
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The 3D printing revolution: Architects promise anything from a new floor to an entire skyscraper
- Phoenix Towers plans revealed as world’s tallest, pinkest and greenest skyscrapers to be built in China – but inspired by London
- RIBA Awards 2014: The Shard and Kings Cross Station among celebrated buildings
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights