Day In a Page
Sunday, 8 June 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Rebecca Front: 'There's no such thing as normal'
- Rik Mayall dead: Late comedian’s life in quotes, via Lord Flashheart and The Young Ones' Rick
- Rik Mayall dead: David Walliams leads tributes to the late The Young Ones comedian
- Notorious B.I.G. actor Jamal Woolard arrested for 'domestic violence incident'
- Sandra Bullock's LA home 'broken into' while she was inside
- Stephen Fry: Mass surveillance by government spy agencies is 'squalid and rancid'
- World's oldest man Alexander Imich dies aged 111
- Amanda Holden sparks Twitter backlash after comparing Britain's Got Talent performance to D-Day landings
- Adam Richman loses Man vs Food weight and makes Soccer Aid debut
- Andy Murray says he’s not as grumpy as the world thinks: ‘I was just defensive’
- Nigel Farage's 'mistress' says she attempted suicide after 'fight with his wife'
- Rihanna named world's Most Desirable Woman and this time shocks with demure dress
- Justin Bieber baptised in a bathtub to cleanse himself after racist videos: Singer turns to religion
- Ashley Cole assault claims: Chelsea footballer to be questioned by police over battery allegations
- Tracy Morgan crash: Trucker charged as actor remains hospitalised
- Romain Duris interview: ‘Hollywood? Je suis ready!’
- Echoes of ancient Earth: Further proof that the Moon was created by massive collision
- First Vine taken from space shows a sun that never sets
- Rats are capable of feeling regret, scientists say
- The battered look: How prehistoric punch-ups shaped how humans look today
- Stargazing: Keep your eyes peeled for noctilucent clouds
- Rik Mayall: Comedian and actor who helped revolutionise the British comedy scene as the punk poet and Cliff Richard fan, Rick
- Tatyana Samoilova obituary: Star of ‘The Cranes are Flying’, which won the Palme d’Or at Cannes and changed perceptions of the Soviet Union
- Yuri Kochiyama obituary: Civil rights activist who won reparations for wartime internees and who was with Malcolm X when he died
- Professor Lorna Casselton obituary: Internationally renowned biologist who did much to elucidate the genetic basis of fungal mating
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Religion is no reason to let the ill-qualified become teachers
- Once we were citizens, now we are consumers. The BBC no longer knows its audience
- Does the result in Newark confirm Ed Miliband as a Neil Kinnock?
- On the front lines: Documenting evidence of rape is a fraught task
- Trojan Horse squabble masks a major flaw in Tory policy – how can we shrink the state and maintain standards?
- Nature Studies: Chalk downs teem with life like no other landscape
- Will GPs and the real world ever coincide?
- Rik Mayall could make people laugh just by walking on stage and standing there
- Half the victims of rape in conflict zones are children
- The shocking testimony of soldiers who rape
- Spoiler Alerts: Knowing what's going to happen in Game of Thrones doesn't bother me
- Angelina Jolie has the power to change the world
- The ECB brandishes a feather duster instead of a bazooka as it goes into battle for the euro
- “Reward MH370”: We need to have faith in those who govern
- An audience with ‘the Tiger’ – Bashar al-Assad’s favourite soldier
- If you want to stop extremism in UK schools, try a little understanding first.
- The ‘D-Day rascal’ lets us indulge a modern pastime – patronising the old
- The Only Way is Ethics
- The 'anti-homeless spikes' are just one part of a bleak tale for rough sleepers
- In the war on terrorism, only al-Qa'ida thrives
- Is Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl's release a success story – or a scandal?
- Let's hear it for bookshops
- We want Bernard's D-Day story, not my uncle Frank's
- Gordon Brown's moral courage
- Looking for my Dad on the D-Day beaches
- It seems that some national caricatures are allowable... if they're complimentary
- Tomorrow's jobs are much like today's – except for one thing...
- My GCSE triumph, or how Michael Gove got it right
- i Editor's Letter: To have and to hold...
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Kevin Pietersen’s XI aimed at fans impatient for England revival
- Nottinghamshire 205 Yorkshire 52-2: Yorkshire make profitable start before rain halts play
- The Way I See It: Why does England favour the honest toiler over the maverick? When will the spirit of Nastase infect the selectors of our national teams?
- County round-up: Is this the time for a second crack at England role for Ravi Bopara
- US Open 2014: Matt Fitzpatrick - ‘They thought that I was just some kid fetching practice balls for Tiger’
- US Open 2014: Jason Millard disqualified from competing at Pinehurst for belatedly calling a penalty on himself, admitting 'I couldn't find peace about it'
- US Open 2014: Phil Mickelson looks back on track despite distractions
- F1 Canadian Grand Prix: Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo stuns Mercedes to claim first GP victory
- F1 Canadian Grand Prix: Felipe Massa slams Sergio Perez for his part in 180mph crash - 'He needs to learn'
- F1 Canadian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton vows to hunt down Nico Rosberg but admits he'll need better fortune to recover from second DNF this season
- F1 Canadian Grand Prix: Felipe Massa and Sergio Perez released from hospital after high-speed crash as Force India driver penalised for 'changing his racing line'
- Andy Murray confirms appointment of Amélie Mauresmo following split with Ivan Lendl
- French Open 2014: Novak Djokovic believing in miracles ahead of final
- French Open final 2014: Rafael Nadal hopeful of better showing at Wimbledon after landing ninth title at Roland Garros
- French Open 2014: Maria Sharapova focus turns from Paris victory to Wimbledon
- French Open final 2014: It’s five in a row now for Rafael Nadal, still king of France...
- Maria Sharapova celebrates French Open win with Eiffel Tower photo shoot
- Amelie Mauresmo looking forward to challenge of helping Andy Murray retain his Wimbledon crown rather than breaking the mould of coaching a male player
- French Open 2014: Andy Murray sets Wimbledon sights on Rafael Nadal after his humbling in Paris
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Elon Musk: It's always the quiet ones
- E3 2014 live stream: How to watch everything from Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and EA
- iWatch: Apple's new fitness-focused wearable device 'coming October'
- Computer scientists say 'red button attack' leaves millions of smart TVs vulnerable
- UK to rewrite Highway Code for driverless cars
- PS4 helps Sony leapfrog Nintendo in global sales
- Turing Test: What is it – and why isn't it the definitive word in artificial intelligence?
- Turing Test breakthrough as super-computer becomes first to convince us it's human
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Does the path to true love really lie in these 36 questions?
- 4 Presidential optical illusion offers clues to how brain processes faces
- 5 Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' rediscovered after 35 years