48 Hours in... European Capitals
How to enjoy the perfect short break in 20 great cities.
Monday 23 June 2014
Every Saturday in The Independent’s award-winning Traveller section, our “48 hours” stories explore new and exciting city-break itineraries. This collection is a wonderful reference tool for travellers looking for inspiration, whether filling time while away on business or enjoying a weekend away with friends or loved ones.
The cities chosen encompass well-known and less-visited destinations, and offer travellers everything from dazzling architecture to world-class museums, designer shopping and historic landmarks. They’re blessed with a range of accommodation options to suit every budget, restaurants for every taste, and bars and cafés that offer the chance to connect with local life. These are city breaks to tell your friends about; the sort of places that you’ll want to revisit in order to discover more of their secrets.
£2.99 / $4.99
Click to buy on:
Click here to explore other Independent eBooks
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school