48 Hours in... European Capitals
How to enjoy the perfect short break in 20 great cities.
Monday 23 June 2014
Every Saturday in The Independent’s award-winning Traveller section, our “48 hours” stories explore new and exciting city-break itineraries. This collection is a wonderful reference tool for travellers looking for inspiration, whether filling time while away on business or enjoying a weekend away with friends or loved ones.
The cities chosen encompass well-known and less-visited destinations, and offer travellers everything from dazzling architecture to world-class museums, designer shopping and historic landmarks. They’re blessed with a range of accommodation options to suit every budget, restaurants for every taste, and bars and cafés that offer the chance to connect with local life. These are city breaks to tell your friends about; the sort of places that you’ll want to revisit in order to discover more of their secrets.
£2.99 / $4.99
Click to buy on:
Click here to explore other Independent eBooks
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper