48 Hours in... European Capitals
How to enjoy the perfect short break in 20 great cities.
Monday 23 June 2014
Every Saturday in The Independent’s award-winning Traveller section, our “48 hours” stories explore new and exciting city-break itineraries. This collection is a wonderful reference tool for travellers looking for inspiration, whether filling time while away on business or enjoying a weekend away with friends or loved ones.
The cities chosen encompass well-known and less-visited destinations, and offer travellers everything from dazzling architecture to world-class museums, designer shopping and historic landmarks. They’re blessed with a range of accommodation options to suit every budget, restaurants for every taste, and bars and cafés that offer the chance to connect with local life. These are city breaks to tell your friends about; the sort of places that you’ll want to revisit in order to discover more of their secrets.
£2.99 / $4.99
Click to buy on:
Click here to explore other Independent eBooks
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama