48 HOURS IN... North American Cities
How to enjoy the perfect short break in 20 great cities.
Monday 23 June 2014
Every Saturday in The Independent’s award-winning Traveller section, our “48 hours” stories explore new and exciting city-break itineraries. Now, 25 years after the series was first launched, we’ve produced this special e-book, designed to help you get the most from a visit to a selection of 20 key North American cities.
The destinations we’ve focused on encompass some of the most dramatic locations on the continent. Among them, you can choose from New York’s dizzying nightlife, the rollercoaster thrills of Orlando, the Hollywood glitter of Los Angeles or Vancouver’s great outdoors. There are world-class museums to visit, designer shopping outlets to splash out in, and cultural diversions for every taste. We’ve also included a range of accommodation options to suit your budget.
£2.99 / $4.99
Click to buy on:
Click here to explore other Independent eBooks
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
- 1 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 2 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 3 Jeremy Clarkson’s Amazon Prime deal to reunite Top Gear trio thumbs nose at the BBC
- 4 Every club should be like Labour – you can’t join as a new member unless you’re already a member
- 5 1000 people played Foo Fighters simultaneously to try and get them to play their city