Big Think: Does the world's real commodity crisis concern oil or water?
Wednesday 16 September 2009
Does the world’s real commodity crisis concern oil—or water? Peter Brabeck, former CEO and now Chairman of Nestlé, thinks we’ll run out of water faster than we will oil unless we stop thinking of it as a human right and start charging for it. The member of the European Round Table of Industrialists explained his views on water and charted his notable career for Big Think.
peopleContenders for Time magazine's Person of the Year are a mixture of the good, the bad and the holy
newsAs the world remembers Mandela the hero, the prison where he spent 27 years seems all the more brutal
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
sportBayern Munich 2 Manchester City 3: City come from two down to beat reigning European Champions
arts + ents... and a chance to paint Booker Prize winning author Hilary Mantel
danceUnder Tamara Rojo's inspired direction, it seems possible that it could challenge the dominance of the Royal Ballet. We meet some established names and rising stars
travelDiscover Uruguay's jet-set beach resort, an Atlantic enclave with plenty of art and culture to explore on the side
- 1 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 2 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- 5 Is Facebook making us forget? Study shows that taking pictures ruin memories
- < Previous
- Next >
£46,000 plus car and benefits: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recrui...
£50000 Per Annum dependent on experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The G...
£60k: Charter Selection: Prestigious ultra high end fit out and refurbishment ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...