Copenhagen diary (11/12/09)
Friday 11 December 2009
* George Soros, the Hungarian-American billionaire investor, wowed the conference yesterday with his bold proposals to provide up to $150bn to enable poor countries to use clean technology. All that is lacking, he said, is the "political will" to make it happen. Perhaps someone could suggest that Mr Soros lead the way himself? Come on George, it's for a good cause...
* For those in Copenhagen trying to avert global warming there will at least be one (very small) consolation if they fail: it might put a long-term spanner in the works of ITV's latest celebrity wheeze. The channel is planning to produce a cold weather version of I'm a Celebrity, called 71 Degrees North in which two groups of Z-list stars trek 2,000 miles to the edge of the Arctic Circle.
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...