What is climate change? How the Met Office sums it up
Friday 27 September 2013
How can you sum up what climate change is? Below is a Met Office graphic summarising the difference between weather and climate, what drives climate and how our climate is changing.
It was released to coincicde with today's news that scientists are more certain than they have ever been that humans are causing global warming, according to the most comprehensive report ever conducted into climate change, which predicts with 95 per cent certainty that people’s greenhouse gas emissions are heating the world.
This is the main finding of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) fifth assessment report, known as AR5, which was published in Stockholm today.
See the graphic below...
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior Netwo...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Boutique Practice...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Science Teacher York.(Full-tim...
£62000 Per Annum plus benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client ba...