New campaigner joins tree protest
A campaigner who spent four nights sleeping up a 100-year-old beech tree to prevent it being felled has given up his protest, only to hand the baton over to a second activist.
Mark "Snoz" Snow, 36, came down from his eyrie at Irton near Scarborough, North Yorkshire, on Saturday saying he had a "pressing appointment" on the ground. He has been replaced by Charles Ledger, 41, a self-employed graphic designer from Scarborough.
Humans are a 'plague on Earth': Sir David Attenborough warns that negative effects of population growth will come home to roost
Green village to be bulldozed and mined for lignite in Germany's quest for non-nuclear fuel
47 per cent of London is green space: Is it time for our capital to become a national park?
In pictures: Shrinking Aral Sea
Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE NQ to MID LEVEL - An e...
Highly Attractive Pakage: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - A highly attractive oppor...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (Campaigns, Offlin...
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...