China investigates giant panda death
Friday 17 September 2010
Chinese officials have launched an inquiry into the death of a giant panda the country had loaned to a Japanese zoo. The 14-year-old male, Kou Kou, died last week after it received an anaesthetic to allow vets to retrieve semen.
The death has added to diplomatic problems between the two countries after Japan arrested the captain of a Chinese fishing vessel following a collision with two Japanese patrol boats near islands in the East China Sea claimed by both countries.
Greenland’s dark snow may start global warming ‘feedback loop’
The ugliest animals on earth: Blobfish, axolotl and proboscis monkey battle it out to be named least attractive beast
Climate change means rate of growth of trees has gone up by 77%
Animal Extinction - the greatest threat to mankind
BMC GF01 Ultegra Disc Road Bike, review: Road bike brakes are going through a revolution
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...