In video: The End of the Line
A new documentary looks at the dangers of the fishing industry
Wednesday 03 June 2009
The End of the Line is a powerful film about the problem of over-fishing. Advances in fishing technology mean whole species of wild fish are under threat and many important stocks are predicted to be in a state of collapse by 2050.
The film points the finger at those most to blame and looks at what can be done about it.
The vulnerable bluefin tuna
Killing bluefin tuna
For more information, visit www.endoftheline.com
Red squirrels being killed by form of leprosy in Scotland in latest threat to declining species
Plastic rubbish heaps at sea pose bigger threat to Earth than climate change, claims ocean expert
The top 10 weirdest animal mating rituals
The ugliest animals on earth: Blobfish, axolotl and proboscis monkey battle it out to be named least attractive beast
Potatoes could be off the menu as crop pests threaten UK
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...