Luminous under water creatures - picture preview
Monday 18 July 2011
An exhibition of underwater photography by Brandi Irwin opens in New York next month.
The photographer is a former model and keen diver whose skill originated when she took her camera with her into the deep in order to explore the potential for under water fashion shoots.
But Irwin found the marine life she discovered during nighttime scuba trips so exciting, she changed tack and decided to focus on them rather than models.
She uses a technique which relies on ultraviolet light which attracts light sensitive sea creatures and makes them glow different colours.
The pictures will be on show at the New York Aquarium from 5 August.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£70000 - £90000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading mark...
£34999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top 10 Accounta...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...