More flood alerts as storms rage
Thursday 12 July 2012
More flood misery is predicted for parts of Britain, including the South West where nearly a month's worth of rain fell in just three hours.
Thunderstorms and downpours hit the south coast of England yesterday afternoon, and the Environment Agency (EA) warned that areas of Dorset and Kent were at particular risk. There was also a risk of flooding across parts of Wiltshire, and in Somerset, Shepton Mallet suffered flash flooding after a two-hour deluge .
There are currently five flood warnings in the South West and the Midlands, and 23 flood alerts across the country.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£35999 - £44001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top Tier practi...
£41000 - £46000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Academically Exce...
£45000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Impl...
£65000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Rogue Trading ...