Pygmy prince Harry passes away
Friday 11 May 2012
A pygmy hippo named in honour of Prince Harry has died after surgery to repair an umbilical hernia.
Harry, one of just 16 of his species in South Africa, died on Wednesday at Cango Wildlife Ranch. He was six weeks old.
The ranch said his keeper Toni Inggs was devastated.
Humans are a 'plague on Earth': Sir David Attenborough warns that negative effects of population growth will come home to roost
Greenland’s dark snow may start global warming ‘feedback loop’
Cornwall hotter than California? British sea temperatures hit all-time high
Climate change march: Investors pledge to take their money out of firms blamed for climate change
Climate change means rate of growth of trees has gone up by 77%
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
£15 - £17 Per Hour: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently r...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Birmingham: The Job An inner city Birmingham sc...
£120 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Luton: Year 2 maternity cover, startin...
£95 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Key Stage 1 teacher require...