Pygmy prince Harry passes away
Friday 11 May 2012
A pygmy hippo named in honour of Prince Harry has died after surgery to repair an umbilical hernia.
Harry, one of just 16 of his species in South Africa, died on Wednesday at Cango Wildlife Ranch. He was six weeks old.
The ranch said his keeper Toni Inggs was devastated.
2014 is warmest year since records began - and third wettest
Dolphins ‘deliberately get high’ on puffer fish nerve toxins by carefully chewing and passing them around
The butterfly effect: climate change ‘forced species to adapt’
The ten best cycling accessories
Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past
- 1 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for beauty pageant
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 Crystal Palace next manager latest: Palace consider Ally McCoist - EXCLUSIVE
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 Tim Sherwood column: 'It started as a three-horse race but turned into the Grand National'
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst - (Active Di...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...