Tuesday 10 June 2008
*Don't... Put too many crabs in one bucket. Stick to 10 per pail.
*Do... Add rocks to the bucket to help replicate the crab's natural environment, and reduce stress.
*Don't... Keep them all day long – return them to the sea.
*Do... Change the water every hour to avoid asphyxiation. Only keep the crabs in sea water.
*Don't... store your bucket in the sun.
*Do... Go crabbing. When done responsibly, crabbing is an excellent way to introduce children to the marine ecology.
'Mini ice age' coming in next fifteen years, new model of the sun's cycle shows
Critically endangered species
African wildcat caught on camera riding on the back of rhino in rare footage
Pesticide experts silenced by UK Government as it looks to bring back bee-killing neonicotinoids
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
- 1 Dentist who illegally killed Cecil the lion blames local guides for the scandal
- 2 Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
- 3 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as the killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
£30000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£17600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This museum cares for one of the largest...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A fantastic opportunity has ope...
£15000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the largest independent ...