Seabird blinds its rescuer
Wednesday 13 July 2011
A man has been left partially blind after a seabird he was trying to rescue pecked his eyeball out of its socket.
Michael Buckland, 38, was walking with his girlfriend on a beach in Gower, South Wales, when the couple spotted what appeared to be an injured gannet. Mr Buckland picked the bird up from the ground to move it when it began pecking at his face.
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Follow the latest events from this Champions League fixture
Like Madonna, Sister Cristina Scuccia's video is also set in Venice
Singer says the track was 'force-fed down people's throats'
techThe original free dating app will remain the same, developers say
Brazilian wandering spider: Where are they from and how deadly are they?
Cannibal harlequin ladybirds now threaten native species with STDs
Dredging can make flooding worse, say activists
The 10 best folding bikes
Saharan sun could provide energy for UK homes in £8bn plan to build 100 sq km solar farm - and a very long power cable
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
Competitive: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Chelmsford a...
£100 - £150 per day + Flexible with benefits: Randstad Education Group: Key St...
£100 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: This outstanding school in the ...