Serengeti officials in poaching inquiry
Thursday 31 May 2012
Four senior wildlife officials and dozens of game wardens have been suspended after poachers killed two critically endangered rhinos in the Serengeti park.
The acting director of the national parks authority and the Serengeti's chief warden were among those under investigation.
A female rhino, one of five black rhinos moved to the Serengeti from South Africa in 2010, and a calf were killed for their horns. The animals had been fitted with electronic chips and were being protected by an elite ranger unit.
Greenland’s dark snow may start global warming ‘feedback loop’
The top 10 weirdest animal mating rituals
Campaigners lobby Duchess of Cornwall to persuade her son-in-law to cease Knebworth solar farm
Sydney tries to evict troublesome fruit bats with aural onslaught
Climate change means rate of growth of trees has gone up by 77%
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'naked pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...