Stranded Cornwall whale is too sick to save
Tuesday 14 August 2012
A whale that washed up on a beach in Cornwall is too sick to save, veterinary experts decided yesterday.
The whale, stranded on an outgoing tide, was also injured around one eye and had a gash on its underside.
Fay Archell, of the British Divers Marine Life Rescue, said destroying the whale was an "incredibly difficult decision to take" but added: "It is incredibly under-nourished and it is very sick and distressed."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...